• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you play FIFA for the story mode or just to fun?

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. So I was thinking...people nowadays play FIFA for the story mode, where you can either win some championships with a particular team, and even getting higher division, or do you guys prefer to play the game for fun, either by playing online, or duoing with a friend/sibling in the same screen?

I personally don't play FIFA games for the story mode, I love playing versus my brother or cousin, and destroy their ego ah ah!

lordrenly

Reaction score
I play FIFA solely for the fun that you can get when you play competitive games with friends. I never even bother play "story modes" for sport games. Almost the same thing can be said about fighting games as well. Even though some of the story modes such as Tekken are interesting, I just mostly play the games for fun and to spend good time with friends.

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
I play FIFA solely for the fun that you can get when you play competitive games with friends. I never even bother play "story modes" for sport games. Almost the same thing can be said about fighting games as well. Even though some of the story modes such as Tekken are interesting, I just mostly play the games for fun and to spend good time with friends.
I totally get you! Playing with friends is much funnier than by yourself. There was a time when online multiplayer wasn't a thing yet and I was obliged to play storyline more, and that my friend, was tedious. At least I have a silver line for it, I understand the importance of the online community!

Dhanidhamy

Reaction score
I simply enjoy playing for fun with my friends and my brother, heard the story mode is interesting, I'll try it one of these days.

Fuzyon

Reaction score
If by story mode you mean career mode I do like playing it, but once I discovered Football Manager I couldn't get into it anymore due to how many things were missing from it. Nowadays I just play Online Season and Ultimate Team.

Xperienced

Reaction score
I play for fun and sometimes like you, I play to destroy the ego of friends who won't let you be by telling you how good they've become playing the game. It's also good that some times you are able to follow a discussion line in the office during break hours when your colleagues discuss FIFA. I feel so out of the day if I'm not able to make a reasonable comment in the line of the discuss.So I sometimes play to be able to follow discussion lines.

zeedollar

Reaction score
If there is no story, them am not hooked. Story mode helps you with a realistice progression in game play and it is the major thing that keeps me coming back for more. Who doesnt want to see their team on top of the table.

Jameson

Reaction score
I play for fun. I especially like to play against friends.Its more enjoyable and engaging that way.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I usually play FIFA casually for the football not for the storyline. I think the Story Mode is a great addition but that is not the main reason for me to purchase FIFA. I like to play against my cousins and friends during parties or gatherings.

goldlady

Reaction score
To be honest, I play it more for the fun! I love football since I was a little girl and then I started playing games... when a friend of mine told me about the FIFA game I did not think twice to give it a try! I loved it so much that I was playing only FIFA for weeks. The storyline is fine, but is not the most important to me!

Westbay

Reaction score
I play FIFA story mode buying players and building a team into a fortified force. I like it when i play fifa story mode its innovative and equally challenging.

valy

Reaction score
I play FIFA only to have fun, I don't like to be stressed when I play a game, and if I play in a story mode I get stressed and I don't relax playing it, I stay tensed all the time.Besides, if I win my friends start hating me, and I don't like that!

goldlady

Reaction score
I agree with people who say that story mode makes it more stressful. But to me, that is part of the fun LOL I also get really stressed out when I am watching a real life game... so I love feeling that while playing FIFA too

DAVID EJIKE

Reaction score
Like the old saying goes "All work and no play makes jack a dull boy".. Nobody wanna be associated with dullness and as a result we all got different ways to ease off stress. Personally I play my FIFA because I find it fun and a better way to take my mind off the stress of the day or busy schedule. The fun I derive playing my FIFA is second to none...in fact no better feeling than that...You wanna see me catch fun? Watch me play my FIFA.:smiley::smiley::smiley:

augusta

Reaction score
I love to see my brothers frowns.so yea I play with my brothers though for the fun it but more like showing my prowess.it makes me happy

Ash

Reaction score
I play FIFA because of Ultimate Team, to be honest. I think it's the same reason why a lot of other people play the game as well. It's also the reason why a lot of people choose FIFA over PES. The Ultimate Team mode is just so enjoyable and it's great playing other people with the teams that you build. The feeling that you get when you are able to build an absolutely amazing squad is just great. I know that PES has a similar mode but it's just not the same as FIFA especially because of the licensing problems that PES has.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
It's funny because I've never actually realized this till now. I'm an avid supporter in FIFA games. However, I've never played story mode on any version of the game continuously. Usually, I'll start a career mode, then get bored halfway through and never complete it. Every time I play FIFA, it's either connected directly to WiFi for online gameplay. Or it's me playing against my friends. In my opinion, developers seriously lack creativity and innovation when it comes to story modes within sporting games. Because of that, I naturally avoid story mode most of the time.

Decypher

Reaction score
I play FIFA for fun, i think the story mode is boring to me, because playing alone bores me, so i play with friends and i play for fun. but when i feel like playing FIFA and there is no one around to play with, i switch on my PC and start playing the story modes, and since it doesn't have UEFA, i will sometimes switch to PES, because i love champions league. But hence i play for fun.

Referal

Reaction score
I used to play for just for fun but I stopped after fifa 14 I used to play the game a lot on my IPAD sad to see it go and not many people play that game anymore Fifa 18/19 are not fun as it used to be to play