• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you wait for discounts?

AnthonyB

Reaction score
I don't look or wait for discounts at all! When I was growing up, I couldn't buy my own games. I had to beg my mom for everything. It usually turned out with me having to pick a cheaper game. I would beg her into buy me a game, but not the game I wanted. Now, at 24, I spare no expense for the games I want to buy now.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
It depends what game is, because I haven't wait too long when the Grand Theft Auto V was in sales, because I am a huge fan of the saga, and the Batman Arkham franchise was another one that I didn't wait, but I wait for the other ones because is better if it is cheaper.

hermessantos

Reaction score
I typically wait for a while till the price goes down in retail store or Steam is having some major discount. (EX: When I bought POSTAL 2 when it was $1)
I also usually do exactly the same. I do not mind waiting a little (usually 2 to 3 months). The most important thing is to get some good discount!

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Whenever it's worth yes :smiley:, I always wait for discounts especially in online shopping. I already got great discounts always looking for promotions. I have to say that sometimes it's not so easy to get them, but it's worth very much. :sunglasses:

Sino989

Reaction score
I am on the same page as you. If it's call of duty or even a newer multiplayer based game that I like I usually buy it at full price but for games I just play casually or won't play that much I usually wait to buy it pre-owned :)

jitendra0341

Reaction score
Yes I wait for a while for prices to cut down.When sale starts in the form of summer sale on holiday sale or any such.I have to admit that I go for it instantly.Usually,it depends on my urge how much I want a particular game.If it is not available in discount,I even buy it as it tempts me to do so.

ZXD22

Reaction score
90% of the time I will wait for discounts and pick up the game, especially on steam. If the game has sentimental value to me and I want to support the developers, then I won't mind dishing out the cash to support their endeavors. I did that for Yooka-Laylee and was impressed with the game overall. (Still hate that camera bug though)

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I can honestly wait for years to play a game as long as the price is right. I won't buy anything that's not 50% off, so the only time I spend money on games is during sales, usually 3 times a year for Steam. I haven't played Phantom Pain yet; Assassins Creed games are still expensive, but I am not really invested in those games, so I'm not really bothered with it.

Jack_Dan

Reaction score
I really don't like waiting as a gamer. If it's my favorite game on the market then I'm gonna grab it as soon as possible. Sometimes if I have some least favorite games then probably I will wait for discounts. I have friends who actually waits for discounts but you know it gets old. I like being on the fast lane of the new games and really can't wait to see someone else is grabbing it first and also don't wanna feel guilty of it.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I really don't like waiting as a gamer. If it's my favorite game on the market then I'm gonna grab it as soon as possible. Sometimes if I have some least favorite games then probably I will wait for discounts. I have friends who actually waits for discounts but you know it gets old. I like being on the fast lane of the new games and really can't wait to see someone else is grabbing it first and also don't wanna feel guilty of it.
I've been burned before by crappy games with big hype and an expensive price tag. I preordered Civ 6 because I was a huge fan of the series, and come the first day of the release I ended up not liking it, and even refunding it an hour later. Wasted my time waiting, but at least I didn't waste my money on such a purchase. The one good thing about buying on Steam is that you get to refund anything as long as doesn't have 2 hours of playtime.

Pixie06

Reaction score
It all depends. For the time being I have some projects to complete and can't spend that much money on gaming. My friend usually sells his old games at discounted prices and I eagerly wait for him to sell the games. However normally if there is a very good game whose release I have been waiting for then I usually buy the game. I can be impatient at times.

Thrall

Reaction score
If I don't wait for a sale then it will go on sale the day after I buy it, that's my luck.

WarVet

Reaction score
I just might yes. Usually, if I really want the game (And it's not overpriced as hell) Then I'll buy it. But if I can wait for a good discount, I'll watch gameplays and play demos instead. My interest in games is mostly a curiosity. I can keep it under control with a few gameplays.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Always! I also take hand me down games and trade...
I stopped "hand me down" games and trading when I could afford my own. Most of the stuff I traded or got through gifts were used and barely able to play the game. Most of them die halfway through while playing, leaving me to purchase the actual game myself just to finish. That's why I hate console games back then. You can't survive without the disc. At least with PC it's one installation and it's on your PC permanently.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I just might yes. Usually, if I really want the game (And it's not overpriced as hell) Then I'll buy it. But if I can wait for a good discount, I'll watch gameplays and play demos instead. My interest in games is mostly a curiosity. I can keep it under control with a few gameplays.
My personal limit is 50% discount. Below that I won't touch, unless I really like the game. For absolutely free games (from a promo or a limited time), then it's a no-brainer, I'll get it no matter what it is. I don't know, there's something about free that I just can't say no to.

Eliza

Reaction score
I always wait for discounts. I love going to the bookstore and game stop to see what used games they have. I know a lot of people don't like doing that, but I do. Whatever saves money, right? If it's a game I really want, and I can't wait for the used version, I'll pre-order.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I always wait for discounts. I love going to the bookstore and game stop to see what used games they have. I know a lot of people don't like doing that, but I do. Whatever saves money, right? If it's a game I really want, and I can't wait for the used version, I'll pre-order.
I only pre-ordered once in my life. Civ 6. The hype was real. I had hundreds of hours playing Civ 3 as a kid, and I had 300+ hours clocked on Civ 5 before Civ 6 got announced. So of course I got it. Opening day, I already had it downloaded; only waiting for the game to unlock. Played it for an hour. Refunded it and got I think $60 back into my Steam account. Worst game ever, too many changes from the old games. Never touched pre-orders ever again, and I just dodged a bullet since I was nearly over the 2 hour refund limit.

valy

Reaction score
This depends on the game I want to buy, if that game is too expensive I wait for a discount or to get a coupon from games sites. If the game is not that expensive than I decide to buy it at a full price because I have no patience to wait!
Usually, I buy from Steam, but sometimes I buy from some local game stores!

Empire

Reaction score
Yep, I always look for deals all the time and when it's on sale at an good price then I buy it. Isn't just steam that I look at there are also other websites that does great steam keys deal. To be honsit aren't many games that I did paid full retail price