• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

E3 2017

Thrall

Reaction score
E3 is here, just started today! I'd love to know what everyone is looking forward to that'll be at the conference. Personally, I just found out there's a playable demo for Mount and Blade: Bannerlord along with several interviews that'll happen. I want that game so badly!

Gladdy

Reaction score
I'm excited for all if I'm honest since many didn't really give out too much information about what they will show us so I'm still in anticipation. But THE MOST excited I'm probably for some possible FF7 news since we haven't gotten many lately? Or Bethesda's conference since I love their games.. oh and of course, the information about the Last of Us Part 2. Hopefully and release date or some sneak peak of the gameplay? Who knows.

I think there will be many good things happening at E3 2017. Just hope no major disappointments.

Disco Turtle

Reaction score
Only two main things I can think of off the top of my head I'm generally excited for; Mount and Blade Bannerlord, and Fallout 4 VR (Well, Bethesda Conference in general)

Edit: Bethesda conference was ass

Last edited:

Koyomi Araragi

Reaction score
I want Sony to steal the show, but I'm actually kinda excited for the Xbox One X.

Empire

Reaction score
I have been tracking and watching them however that being said that 2017 isn't that good. They are talking about the games that we already known about or played. I have seen some that I never seen and looking forward to seeing it yet it's not much to say regards to old to new

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
I watched the 6-hour live stream from YouTube's gaming section. I thought it was okay... My friends were telling me that they were expecting the Xbox Scorpio (Xbox One X) to be more next gen designed. Personally, I don't really care about the design. For me, console gaming has and always will be about hardware and performance, rather than the look of the console itself. I do think $499 is way overpriced for today's market in general. So I don't expect to upgrade until the price has substantially dropped. When it comes to the games themselves, the only one I'm really excited for is Assassin's Creed: Origin, besides that. the new gaming titles were quite the letdown.

To sum things, E3 2017 was not the best conference in my opinion, though it did come with some exciting components to it.

Reactions: MLF

Koyomi Araragi

Reaction score
The amount of swearing in the Beyond Good & Evil 2 trailer was ridiculous, considering the original was almost a kids' game. (It was rated T by the ESRB - albeit a very mild T for fantasy violence - and 7+ by PEGI in Europe.) I can understand if they wanted the series to mature with the original fans, but having 7 F-bombs in 2 1/2 minutes of the trailer is over-the-top.

jviloriab96

Reaction score
So it happened. Apparently, a few hours ago, Nintendo announced via Twitter that they’ll be releasing a “core RPG” Pokémon game for the Nintendo Switch. The game will be made by GameFreak, and it has received a lot of praise from the fans, since we’ve been waiting for another Pokémon game to come to our living rooms for, like, thousands of years. Too little has been said about this game, sadly, but we sure can be ultra-hyped anyways.

Strykstar

Reaction score
Anyone else really excited for the "XCOM-like" Rabbids/Mario game that Ubisoft announced?
I definitely did NOT expect that, came completely out of nowhere and I can't wait to try it, it will probably make me buy a Switch for it.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I'm excited for Dragon Ball Fighters. It looked amazing and kinda unique in a way. I've recently played Hyper Dragon Ball Z and I thought it was really fluid for a game with 2D graphics and hoped that Dragon Ball had an official game like that, then a day later teasers to the new 2.5D dbz game was released! Talk about luck eh? I wish for a million dollars!

jviloriab96

Reaction score
Anyone else really excited for the "XCOM-like" Rabbids/Mario game that Ubisoft announced?
I definitely did NOT expect that, came completely out of nowhere and I can't wait to try it, it will probably make me buy a Switch for it.
As a retired Pokémon trainer I couldn’t help myself but to feel a little warmth in my chest when I heard that they were making a new game to be released on the Nintendo Switch. I, for one, was not even considering buying a Switch, but after hearing that we’ll finally have a main Pokémon game that I can play on my living room TV, I’m probably going to buy one as soon as they’re available in the nearest store.

MLF

Reaction score
I watched the 6-hour live stream from YouTube's gaming section. I thought it was okay... My friends were telling me that they were expecting the Xbox Scorpio (Xbox One X) to be more next gen designed. Personally, I don't really care about the design. For me, console gaming has and always will be about hardware and performance, rather than the look of the console itself. I do think $499 is way overpriced for today's market in general. So I don't expect to upgrade until the price has substantially dropped. When it comes to the games themselves, the only one I'm really excited for is Assassin's Creed: Origin, besides that. the new gaming titles were quite the letdown.

To sum things, E3 2017 was not the best conference in my opinion, though it did come with some exciting components to it.
Well, to be fair, $499 for the hardware specs in the Xbox One X would run you $750+ if you were to build a comparable 4K PC. That said, I do happen to agree with you a bit on that that $499 will be a tough sell, especially since the announced games lineup was pretty weak in my opinion.

However, with scale, they'll eventually be able to get the price of the console down and if they're starting it at $499 in September, odds are it will get a mini price drop for the Christmas season or they'll do a promotion where you get like 2-3 games in a bundle to make up for the extra cost. If we remember back, the Xbox One with Kinect originally debuted at the same price, too.

Sino989

Reaction score
I am making this post after E3 but I was looking forward to Call of Duty World War II and I was not disappointed when I seen the multiplayer gameplay because the game looks great!

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
Well, to be fair, $499 for the hardware specs in the Xbox One X would run you $750+ if you were to build a comparable 4K PC. That said, I do happen to agree with you a bit on that that $499 will be a tough sell, especially since the announced games lineup was pretty weak in my opinion.

However, with scale, they'll eventually be able to get the price of the console down and if they're starting it at $499 in September, odds are it will get a mini price drop for the Christmas season or they'll do a promotion where you get like 2-3 games in a bundle to make up for the extra cost. If we remember back, the Xbox One with Kinect originally debuted at the same price, too.

Interesting, regarding price I didn't look at it from that perspective. Personally, I'm more of a PC gamer nowadays than console anyway. Even though it would be more expensive, I would prefer to build out my own 4k PC. It all comes down to individual preference though.

I must say, I am curious to see how sales go when it's initially released.

MLF

Reaction score
Interesting, regarding price I didn't look at it from that perspective. Personally, I'm more of a PC gamer nowadays than console anyway. Even though it would be more expensive, I would prefer to build out my own 4k PC. It all comes down to individual preference though.

I must say, I am curious to see how sales go when it's initially released.

Right and I think that is the disconnect most console players have with the price, too. A lot of console players are typically budget conscious (usually due to age) so if they already have an Xbox One, they've likely already shelled out $300-500 within the last three years which makes it even a bigger pill to swallow. That said, for those that have never owned a One, I'd imagine the next few months will be a great time to pick up a console off of Craiglist or whatever local market since people will be trying to recoup some value back to put towards the new console.

Denis_P

Reaction score
I think the game that got me the most excited was also one that I wasn't expecting to do so. I am super hyped over Assassin's Creed Origins. Thing is, I had pretty much given up on the series. I didn't much care for the first, I absolutely loved AC2 through Revelations, didn't much care for AC3, but came back for Black Flag which was very satisfying. After that, I was convinced I was done with the series, entirely lost interest.

But now with this new setting and all, I can't help myself. I'm definitely going to be getting it.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
I'm excited the most for State of Decay 2, Battlefront 2, Call of Duty: WWII and Assassin's Creed: Origins. Plenty more for me to look forward to as well!

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
Right and I think that is the disconnect most console players have with the price, too. A lot of console players are typically budget conscious (usually due to age) so if they already have an Xbox One, they've likely already shelled out $300-500 within the last three years which makes it even a bigger pill to swallow. That said, for those that have never owned a One, I'd imagine the next few months will be a great time to pick up a console off of Craiglist or whatever local market since people will be trying to recoup some value back to put towards the new console.

We think alike (lol). That's exactly how I see console players. Generally speaking, PC gamers have a budget, but they usually take the time to build their PC from the ground up, knowing it's going to be expensive but worth it in the long run. Console players are usually looking for the same gaming quality, but may not be involved as much in the mechanics behind the machine itself. Simply put, it comes down to the gamers individual preference. Rather than a right or wrong answer.

kenoobie

Reaction score
I have a short list that I am looking forward to. The PC release of Monster Hunter world. I would also check out Battletech as I was a fan of the mech commander game. special mentions for me like anthem, The Last Night and Wargroove