• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite music from which game?

olaryeankarh

Reaction score
I still don't know this song, but by the way you described it, it seems to be great music. Am I right? :sweatsmile: I think I'm gonna check it out later. :wink:

Please do. There's about five songs in the game but I never miss this one. The adrenaline it gives me, ah!

mcbryan

Reaction score
Well, every game has its own music which makes a player more alive or active playing the game. My favorite one that no one can beat is the music from World of Warcraft. I love it because every time I hear it it's like the sounds of winning making me think better to what move I should do. It's like a sound of life for me. I know I'm over dramatic but I'm just being honest. Maybe I'm a game lover so that's why but I really love that music and actually I have it on my mobile and computer playing it even though I'm not playing Warcraft that's how addicted I am.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Please do. There's about five songs in the game but I never miss this one. The adrenaline it gives me, ah!

I'll definitely go check it out it later. I love meeting new songs and singers / bands. It's always a good adventure. :wink:

surlaw

Reaction score
I love the soundtrack for Battleblock Theater - it's really upbeat most of the time and easy to enjoy. I also really like the Silent Hill soundtrack, the ominous and eerie sounds of that OST suit the game so perfectly. I don't know that I'd listen to the Silent Hill soundtrack very much outside of the game, though. :tearsofjoy:

Lem

Reaction score
It's an oldie, but a good one - my favourite music is from Transport Tycoon. I know that that game came out in like 1991 - but it's got a really odd jazzy soundtrack that's properly off-beat. It goes really well with the overall zaniness of the game. They kept it for Transport Tycoon Deluxe in 1994, with some additions to add to the candyland world as well.

Also, there's a guy on YouTube called StoneMcKnuckle who does really good old remixes of game music - he's worth checking out!

JaiGuru

Reaction score
This will change daily for me so I'll list a few that I especially love. Currently it's Splatoon 2. It's mix of contemporary pop music with classic rock guitar riffs is very satisfying to me. Yoshi's Woolly World has an excellent Americana sound track that I find endearing and go back to from time to time just hear the songs. Megaman X and Megaman 5 are two games who's soundtracks I would say are a clinic on great music design. They were so influential on me that I even adapted a lot of that style into my own playing on the guitar and bass may years before chip tunes even became a thing.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I love the soundtrack for Battleblock Theater - it's really upbeat most of the time and easy to enjoy. I also really like the Silent Hill soundtrack, the ominous and eerie sounds of that OST suit the game so perfectly. I don't know that I'd listen to the Silent Hill soundtrack very much outside of the game, though. :tearsofjoy:

The soundtrack of Silen Hill is simply amazing! It's so well done and exciting all the time! :smiley:

WildSpirit

Reaction score
It's an oldie, but a good one - my favourite music is from Transport Tycoon. I know that that game came out in like 1991 - but it's got a really odd jazzy soundtrack that's properly off-beat. It goes really well with the overall zaniness of the game. They kept it for Transport Tycoon Deluxe in 1994, with some additions to add to the candyland world as well.

Also, there's a guy on YouTube called StoneMcKnuckle who does really good old remixes of game music - he's worth checking out!

I think the age of the game does not matter when work (in any aspect :smiley:) is well done. The game will always be positively remembered in some way. :wink: