• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

First Game

ScorpionWaterfall

Reaction score
What was the first game you ever played? How do you remember your introduction to the gaming world? My first experience was with my grandfather's Atari. I think the first game that I played was Asteroids, and I hated it. Then I was introduced to Pac-Man. That changed how I looked at video games. From then on, I loved them.

Patrick

Reaction score
The very first game I can remember playing was Wolfenstien 3D, and I was like 5 or 6. I was horrible at it, but I had never played any video games before so it was really new to me. After that, we got rid of the family computer and my mom got me and my sister our own desktops from a School District Auction and my friends introduced me to Duke Nukem, DOOM 2, and Quake (which my PC couldn't really run).

MyOCDisMild

Reaction score
The very first game I ever played was Pole Position, and it was on my Atari, which obviously, was my first game system. My Dad was a big time gamer, and he and I together discovered computer gaming. One of the first games we played together was Street Fighter II and it was awesome. Funny thing was though you had to keep up with the book that came with the game because in order to launch it, you had to input a series of random words the PC asked found throughout the book. Needless to say, my father influenced me heavily when it comes to gaming as he helped foster my love for it and continued to nurture it over the years.

I can still remember the early stages of computer gaming when you had to run QDOS....and I now feel incredibly ancient...so thanks guys:shame:

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
I think the first game I ever played was some kind of mario party or donkey kong on the Nintendo 64.

beastmaster184

Reaction score
My gaming title was on the atri and it was combat the tank game alongside ma ny other titles like pitfall astroids frogger and super breakout i miss those days but don as well as i like my xbox one since they fixed everything on from the 360 that made it grabage

ShadowRaion

Reaction score
My first game was the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtle's in Time for the SNES. Alongside the the Super Mario World. I was hooked. I played at my friends. She wanted to play with Barbie's and I had to convince her we would have more fun playing games. Shortly after, my parents bought us the N64 as our first console.

djordjem87

Reaction score
My first game was most probably Super Mario on NES. I actually didn't have Nintendo console but Terminator 2 version. I remember I was 8 years old and I also remember a played Tetris at the same time if that counts as a video game, though I highly doubt. We all know how good was Super Mario and some of us are still playing the old game for the sake of nostalgia. I love those 'mushroom' levels as we liked to call them.

Chiara

Reaction score
My first games were Super Mario 3 and The Simpsons: Bart vs the Space Mutants on NES. :)

TheArticulate

Reaction score
I started by playing Donkey Kong on my parent's Super Nintendo. I think it's still a classic, and if I had access to it I'd probably play through it again. It's been years and years since I played it, and I'd probably be able to make it further than I did when I was younger.

Kanagirl

Reaction score
Super Mario Brothers on original Nintendo. And Duck Hunt, of course. Once I started I couldn't stop. It was amazing to me that the TV could tell where exactly I was pointing the gun. And the control I had over what was happening on the TV was insane! At the age I was, it really seemed like I was doing the impossible.

Sino989

Reaction score
The first game I ever played was one of the Ghost Recon's for Gamecube. I do not remember much of it just that I wasn't very good at it, lol.

Cauohashi

Reaction score
I remember that my first game was Super Mario World. I spent hours playing, it was so much fun.
Soon after I started playing some other SuperNintendo games, such as Donkey Kong, Super MarioKart, Top Gear, Street Fighter.
Nowadays I miss playing these games on SuperNintendo.

Mattmattics

Reaction score
My first game was Super Mario Bros. My bro had the Nintendo and I got to play it. I never finished it, I know shame on me, but it was fun and challenging.

SpitfireMase

Reaction score
I think the very first game I played was Super Mario World on the Super Nintendo. I was under 5 and the system would be at my dad's house and I'd spend a lot of time being confused in Link to the Past or playing through Mario fairly poorly or Trying to understand Goof Troop.
Super Mario World is the one I remember most vividly and the one I enjoyed the most since it was the most straightforward to me at the time.

Bayoneutra

Reaction score
Bomberman Hero for Nintendo 64 was the first game I owned.

Not only was it my first game, but also my favorite for a very, very long time (until we got Ocarina of Time, then it became the new favorite.)

However, I do have some vague memories of playing Super Mario Bros. and Doctor Mario in my uncle's NES when I was even more young, but I don't think it really counts!

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
My first game played was MLB 2000 in the PlayStation one console, it was amazing for it's year. I loved it.

Denis_P

Reaction score
My very first game was Super Mario World for the SNES. I think that I had played Gradius 3 before that, but that was during a time before I could actually form memories yet. In any case, I was completely overjoyed with the concept of video games. It just seemed out of this world to me. It had these cool, colorful graphics and fun music. It was like I was watching a favorite cartoon but I got to be the main character! Wish I could experience that joy these days.

valy

Reaction score
The first game I have ever played was Mario; I still remember how happy I was and how much I have played that game that now I think is so stupid near the games I play now. Technology is evolving and we must keep up with it, games are changing and we should enjoy playing!

arachnophobik

Reaction score
As most people, my first game was Super Mario Bros. The game was fun and at the time, I had no extra gamepad so I would just take off the gamepad every time I die and switch it to the next port so that I could get another try using player 2, thus making the illusion of having more lives. I never got to finish the game sadly, as some levels were just too hard for me at the time.

m33kuh

Reaction score
My first game was Ragnarok Online. I was still in grade school when I first played the game. I remember my mother used to fetch me from the nearby computer shop at our local place and grab my ears while yelling me but I did not mind back then. I still kept on coming back. Haha.