• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Fry's 3rd Help Desk App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

Reaction score

USER INFORMATION

Commonly known by: Fry

Server assigned to or most played: First Order RP

Time allocated on the Teamspeak Server (Per Day): Monday-Thursdays I spend about 4-5 hours on TS, but sometimes more. Friday-Sunday I am usually on for 6-8 hours. However it all depends what I have happening that day.

Staff Rank (if any): Staff Manager of First Order RP, Forum Mod

Timezone: Eastern Standard

OTHER INFORMATION

Give us a reason to simply consider you as a possible candidate: I believe I should be considered as a candidate for this staff position because I am a responsible, mostly mature, understanding, and non-bias person.

Describe yourself: I know that you probably expect “I am kind, helpful, etc,” and having to just go off of their opinion but I can confidently say that I am reliable, mature, helpful, and not bias. This is my opinion, but I believe other people in the community would say so also.

What do you think Teamspeak Staff is? Teamspeak Staff do have the job of giving tags, handling situations, etc. However the main purpose of Teamspeak Staff is to be a role model. A TS user looks up to the Teamspeak Staff on how to act in the Teamspeak.

What experience do you have? I do not have much experience in a Help Desk position, but I attempt helping people whenever I can. I am willing to learn anything that I have to if I do not meet the prerequisite regarding the amount of experience needed.

What are some faults in you that will affect your position as Teamspeak Staff? Not having a mic is a big one, but I have found a solution to this problem.

Are there any teamspeak rules that you find faulty or you think are missing? I believe that the TS rules are fine but I have some grammatical errors.

Channels are locked for a reason. Unless allowed, asked or of high staff, Do not join the channel without permission.

When you are listing the exceptions to this rule you say “Unless allowed, asked or of high staff, Do not join the channel without permission.” First off you need to have a comma between “asked” and “or” as those are two different things you are listing. Secondly the “D” in do should not be capitalized as it is not a proper noun or starting a sentence.

If you join a public channel and the owner or a high ranking person of that channel removes you or asks you to leave within reason, proceed to do so without making comments or any unnecessary actions so as to avoid all conflict. If a majority of the members ask an individual to leave the channel on the basis of mic spam, derogatory language or antagonization of players, this individual MUST proceed to exit the channel without comments or any unnecessary actions so as to avoid all conflict

When you say “If a majority of the members ask an individual to leave the channel on the basis of mic spam, derogatory language or antagonization of players, this individual MUST proceed to exit the channel without comments or any unnecessary actions so as to avoid all conflict” You need to have a comma in between “language” and “or” as those are two different things you are listing.

There were more, but I lost them while writing these 2.

List your Pros and Cons

Pros:

Mature

Responsible

Able to look at things from an objective standpoint

Cons:

No mic

Persistent (Can be good and bad)

Mainly stay in a select few channels/I don’t go around to too many other channels.

Any information or comments you wish to make you can do so her

1 I know that I have been banned from TS recently, but that was because I have been stressed and was just trying to have some fun. However I realize there are no valid excuses for those things to go unnoticed, and I have realized that those actions were wrong and I am sorry. If this affects my chances I will accept it, but I just ask that you give me a chance. I have been breaking less rules on TS now, and I barely broke any rules before that incident.

2 Mics are a very useful asset. They help communicate and relay messages quicker, but they aren’t required. In my whole time of the community I haven’t had a mic, and look at me now. I am Staff Manager, and used to be Asst. HeadGM(Resigned). I understand your point of view on why people should be required to have mics, but there are different alternatives. One reason Skip told me is that if I need to relay an important message they may not be able to see my message. However there is a solution to this. That is what I can do is the text to speech. It works a lot and acts like a mic for quick responses. I know what you are going to say, “But there are more than just quick responses required in TS Help Desk.” My response to that is if the person can type quick enough then they can relay the message quickly. If they are not tabbing out you can have a text to speech say, “This is TS Help Desk Staff Mod Fry. Please tab out and check the TS Chat.” or something even simpler. Mics are not needed for this job in my opinion. Please consider this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mace

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I believe this should be titled "Fry's 3rd Help Desk App" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

+1 Fry is active on TS and mature, -0.25 Fry doesn't have a mic

Last edited by a moderator:

Fry

Reaction score
I believe this should be titled "Fry's 3rd Help Desk App" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

+1 Fry is active on TS and mature, -0.5 Fry doesn't have a mic and is trying to overthrow me
Changed the name, and I'm not trying to overthrow you anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.