• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Gaming console you are just dying to have.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
You lucky guy, you. I remember I was dying to have a PS3 when it was released. I think I was in early high school at the time. No job and my parents didn't think I needed it if I couldn't buy it myself, so I started a "PS3 fund", which was essentially a jar that I put loose change and some bills into occasionally in the hopes of reaching enough to buy one.

That never happened, and then the PS4 came along and by then, I was also into PC gaming just like you. I can afford to get a console if I wanted to know that I'm grown and work, but it's just a matter of convincing myself that if I get one, I'll actually have to make time to sit down and play on it.

Exactly! To be honest, I can relate to your story so much. After the PS2, console gaming, in general, became quite expensive. The technology improved (like wireless controllers), but the price tag was highly unattractive for parents (or at least mine xD). They would always tell me "You have a laptop, play games on that" haha. Well, they couldn't have been more right. It was because of that I got into PC gaming. I personally feel it was the right choice because of all the customizable options and downloadable content when it comes to PC gaming. Shortly after I started playing games on my laptop, I started researching how to build a PC machine from the ground up. That's what I did for the most part. From late 2015 to early 2017. In between that time, I graduated and started working too while simultaneously freelancing online. So buying parts became way easier instead of relying on the folks.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
Exactly! To be honest, I can relate to your story so much. After the PS2, console gaming, in general, became quite expensive. The technology improved (like wireless controllers), but the price tag was highly unattractive for parents (or at least mine xD). They would always tell me "You have a laptop, play games on that" haha. Well, they couldn't have been more right. It was because of that I got into PC gaming. I personally feel it was the right choice because of all the customizable options and downloadable content when it comes to PC gaming. Shortly after I started playing games on my laptop, I started researching how to build a PC machine from the ground up. That's what I did for the most part. From late 2015 to early 2017. In between that time, I graduated and started working too while simultaneously freelancing online. So buying parts became way easier instead of relying on the folks.
It's interesting how our views, sometimes in regards to gaming, change as we grow older and can afford to purchase our own means of entertainment. I built a computer in 2011 that has lasted me until now, with some minor upgrades, and has remained relevant and strong enough to do everything I want it to. In that same amount of time, I saw the PS4 released and all of the PS3 games I wanted to play become "obsolete" in terms of playability on the new console. If I'd invested a ton of money into PS3 games, I would have had to reinvest that money into PS4 versions of the same game in order to play them, which would have really disappointed me.

PC gaming changed the way I look at gaming, and that's why I'm so hesitant to get a console now. I'm not sure I could make the switch or justify spending so much more for my games and peripherals at the moment.