• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Grand Theft Auto: IV - Review

Squizls

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was bored so I decided I will do a review about one of my fav games. This was all typed by me and the images go to there respectful owners.

Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_cover.jpg

Developer(s) Rockstar, Rockstar North
Platform(s) PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Microsoft Windows
Rated M+15
Released 2007-2008

Plot

GTA4 takes place in the city called Liberty City (Based on the real city "New York"). You take the role as Niko Bellic, who is a ex-veteran, He comes to the USA (Liberty City) trying to make a "New start" in the game you face alot of people. You are fored to go around the the city.

I will not say anymore on the story due to I don't want to spoil it.

Game Development

The game engine runs on rockstarts development of RAGE Engine.
Development was started in 2004, right after the release of GTA: SA.

My Rating

Out Of
:D:):(>:eek:
-
:)

Zahreah

Reaction score
i would update that to 2008-2009. it came out april ish

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
GTA IV is most favorite in our area. It is hot favorite. I mostly played it on PC. I had a great fun while listening to the radio stations and driving the fastest car ever introduced in previous versions of GTA. Developers must worked hard to develop such a game with amazing graphics and features.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
As a game, I thoroughly enjoyed GTA IV. When it comes to Grand Theft Auto, generally you have two ways for gameplay (excluding online mode). You either follow the storyline, completing missions while unlocking achievements. Or you basically free roam and go nuts on the open map.

The beginning of GTA IV's storyline captured my attention, as well as throughout the first part of the game. However, I didn't really get where the whole point of the story was going. A Russian man moves to America where his cousin is already living, looking to find a better life. Only to get caught up in the underworlds of Liberty City. Ends up secretly dating an intelligence agent, only to be led down of a series of hitman task that doesn't really lead anywhere except revenge and despair. Feels like Rockstar Games sort of got lost midway through?

As a whole, however, I must say I enjoyed GTA IV better than V. More time, energy, and detail was put into the making of IV than V. What they basically said for GTA V is: "Let's build a bigger map, create a storyline with three different characters to switch between, and make the game easier for 13 years olds to play". GTA IV required skill in shooting and driving. As well as incorporated my favorite in-game radio station system.

One of my favorite games of all time, in my opinion!

FatManX

Reaction score
GTA IV is an enjoyable game but is definitely not as good as other Grand Theft Auto games. The gameplay becomes a bit repetitive towards the middle of the game. It's always the same. Go to one of your friend's house, he'll give you a mission, go to the mission, shoot the bad guys, come back. The missions were all very similar. And to make things worse, the story is not very interesting either, so you end up not caring much for the main character (or for any character at all). And whose idea it was to remove airplanes from the game. I get it, Nico was in the army so he knows how to fly an airplane, and it wouldn't be realistic for him to be able to fly jets and other stuff. But come on! Since when does somebody play GTA for the realism. Like I said, GTA is a very enjoyable game, but compared to other GTA games is not quite on the same level.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
GTA IV is an enjoyable game but is definitely not as good as other Grand Theft Auto games. The gameplay becomes a bit repetitive towards the middle of the game. It's always the same. Go to one of your friend's house, he'll give you a mission, go to the mission, shoot the bad guys, come back. The missions were all very similar. And to make things worse, the story is not very interesting either, so you end up not caring much for the main character (or for any character at all). And whose idea it was to remove airplanes from the game. I get it, Nico was in the army so he knows how to fly an airplane, and it wouldn't be realistic for him to be able to fly jets and other stuff. But come on! Since when does somebody play GTA for the realism. Like I said, GTA is a very enjoyable game, but compared to other GTA games is not quite on the same level.

Exactly how I feel! GTA IV lacked the imagination and creative (as well as unrealistic aspects) I was expecting. GTA IV inside GTA V would be a nice combination (if that makes sense).