• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Have you meet LoL players in real life?

alastor1

Reaction score
I've been playing for years, and I can honestly say that I always find some good friends, I'm lucky. In LoL, also happened to me, I have some friends with whom I always play, to whom I tell my things and I even added to Facebook. Some are from other countries, they live very far away so I do not have the opportunity to meet them (even), but there are some who end up living a few hours and I have come to know. They have been great experiences, because it shows me that if there are any worthwhile people in League of Legends, that community is not full of either rats or flamers. And it means a lot to me, because my friends are my support.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Yes, I have. I have many real life friends that also play League of Legends but I know them from before. We always gamed together and we sort of switched over to League years ago. I love gaming with them because they remind me of what's gaming all about - having fun. Those midnight ARAMs are the best and they always make me laugh to tears.

I also met two people through League of Legends without knowing them from before. One, I spoke to for over two years almost nonstop. He came to holidays near where I live and we decided to meet up. We are still great friends and talk daily but not so much on League anymore since I don't play it every day. The other person, I knew for a bit over a year and I knew that she lived in the same country as me but we never met. It was a few hours drive away but we once met when I was driving in her direction. She is an amazing person, just the same as she is in the game :) you can definitely find nice people even in a game like League of Legends.

airfightermax

Reaction score
Well, I actually play with my classmates so I already know them beforehand. We play during the weekends over DIscord and we all just have fun generally. I have not originally met people to see IRL from the game though. Though I have this one friend where even though we don't know each other in real life, I'll just send him(or her, never really asked my in-game friend about this lol) an invite and he'll accept. I usually play jungle and he usually plays mid so I try to help him during the laning phase by ganking and giving him blue buff. We don't have interaction other than when playing League but I really consider him as a friend now.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
I have many friends who play League, but I've never met someone through League first then met them in real life afterwards. I had a support player that I met and got along with so we played together for a couple of weeks, and it turned out he was going to college just a couple hours away from where I lived at the time. That was closest I've ever found someone through League, but we never met up. I'm not even sure what he's up to anymore.

huggy212

Reaction score
I havent met any league of legends players in real life ( those i add in game). Mostly I dont add friends because I just play whenever I want and I dont want to receive much invitations because my network is not really good. Besides im almost playing with my cousins and other relatives. I don't actually prefer to be friends online league of legends because it is really awkward when you team with them and they thrashtalk you.:emoji-rage:

Deathisue

Reaction score
Not really, always i know first the person and later i descover that they play League of Legends as me, the people i add is only to climb, they help me and i help them, is a mutual deal, that is all.

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
Yes, my current girlfriend is a LoL player, but I met her before the game. It's actually a nice story because i gave her the addiction to the game ahah But she thanks me, it's not a bad addiction ;)

luispas

Reaction score
Yeees, and this is one of my favorite things to do. I love meeting new people, talk with others, discover and learn from anyone. With LoL I've made so much friends, sadly I just had the opportunity to meet a few ones, but the experiences were awesome :) I wish I could travel to see some of my other good friends, I think we will have many great times.

tinrmz15

Reaction score
Yes, my friends from college are the ones who drawn me to play League of legends. They are my "Bad Influencers" but became my idols because on how sick they play. They are Diamond and platinum ranks and I really enjoyed playing with mature and skillful players. I always take advices from them so that I can also excel as a better player. League Of Legends can bring friendships closer and can also cut friendships. But the tip is to be a mature player and just be calm during games.