• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Horror Game Project: One Night

Would you play this?

• Hell yeah!

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

HeadHunterX

FO Server Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, I am making this horror game.

Thanks, but just so you all know, the example provided is from a kickstarter of people making a new silent hill game on unreal engine 4
Yeah and PT was the playable teaser for Silent Hills, the unfortunately cancelled next release. So....yeah I was dead on with how it felt XD

Trisha Demilion™

Reaction score
That looks really fuckin' fun dude, you need to like finish it xD

seriously though, looks great, keep up the nice work. :)

Osiris Lord Of Memes

Reaction score
Another "small" update:

-Door Lock system added: Some doors will be locked by default and their corresponding key will be located somewhere in another area of the mansion. Once the key is picked up, you head to the corresponding door(s) and interact with it and it will unlock, giving you access to whatever might be behind it.

-Journals: Because while you are walking around the mansion, most people love finding lore/stories within the game. So I've added just that. There will be books laying about the mansion that you can read.

- More sounds: Along with the mention new features above they also have their sounds too. Opening/closing a journal. Attempting to open a door to find out its locked. Unlocking said locked door. And many more sounds, that you will have to wait to play the game to find out about.

Zen

Reaction score
As far have I seen, the game seems to be going as well as good. I'd give it a 9/10

Recommendations:
  • Small Sheds outside the mansions
  • Textures
  • Elevators that lower down to lower areas
  • Power generators (perhaps a part where the power goes out and you have to find 2 power switches in the massive mansion)

So far, I really like it, but I think the sky should be full on dark, because it's supposed to be like a haunted mansion correct me if I am wrong, there should be no stars, they should be on going weather like fog, rain, snow (maybe)

Zen

Reaction score
What you should add in as well, are bosses who will chase you around and try and find you, you should have hiding spots like for example lockers or closets for you to hide into till the boss is gone. Another think you should try is placing beds around the area and you can hide under them, but the bosses are sometimes smart and they can look under the beds. Just an idea.

Osiris Lord Of Memes

Reaction score
What you should add in as well, are bosses who will chase you around and try and find you, you should have hiding spots like for example lockers or closets for you to hide into till the boss is gone. Another think you should try is placing beds around the area and you can hide under them, but the bosses are sometimes smart and they can look under the beds. Just an idea.
While all that stuff does sound nice, its either going to cost money to add that in, or its going to add another month or two onto development.

Zen

Reaction score
Money... not to sure about that. But from the boss ideas, it will add a month or two into development that is a one.

Osiris Lord Of Memes

Reaction score
New Report!

Progress Report 0.4

- Pause Menu: You can now pause your game for when you shit yourself and need a break. Currently you can Pause/Quit/Resume/or open Options. Options currently contains two subcategories: Sound and Display. Sound is for in game sound such as sfx (footsteps) voice (for voice audio) and master (everything). Display currently only changes the window size of the game from windowed 720/1080/1920 and a 4th option for fullscreen which sets the game window to the size of your monitor.

-Level Development:
All of the first floor has been textured, couple rooms have been furnished.
Second floor has been completely mapped and textured, no furnishings yet besides railings and beams in some areas.
Third floor/attic is to be worked on next.
Basement is getting no love and isnt mapped yet or textured.

Maximus

Reaction score
-Hey guys Maximus here! Im the Borris's close friend and the other creator that is helping to make our new game. I am Glad to see all of the positive feedback we are getting and a ton of plot ideas being thrown out! Thanks a ton for the support and I cant wait for this game to be done!

-By the way if you guys want to check us out Boris and I have a Youtube channel where we do ton's of stupid shit alll the time.

-Here's a few videos that show the amount of stupidity that is us :)
(Boris is on the Left I am on the Right)

-Again, thank you all for the positive support!!!:)

Clara1993

Reaction score
Here something to catch your eyes on the quality we are going for in our game. These are all screenshots from in game.
View attachment 198 View attachment 199 View attachment 200 View attachment 194
So me and another friend are currently developing a horror game using the Unreal Engine 4 and are planning to release it as an indie game on steam. Once we get a playable demo going we will be distributing the game via dropBox for people to test and review and are planning to hit up small (1k) to decent size (10k+) YouTubers to get the game publicized.

We are going for the level of detail such as this game:

The basic premise we are going for is a cop being called to the scene of domestic abuse and possible murder. The house is a bit run down and the electricity seems to be faulty. During the whole time the player is to investigate the scene and figure out what happened while keeping their wits.

I would like to also add that all the models and assets we are using is completely free as we are working and a very tight budget and are expecting this game to take about two months or more to get up and running with a demo by the 1 month mark.

==============================================

And here is the list of stuff that has been finished:

Progress Report 0.1

- Sprinting Mechanic with stamina system: No stamina = no running obviously

- Crank Flashlight: Flashlight slowly loses battery power and brightness until it dies (while on) the player can crank the flashlight (hitting r) until its fully charged or at a level the player is comfortable with.

- HUD: a working HUD that shows your stamina and battery power, as well as context messages for when approaching doors.

Progress Report 0.2

- Sound: We finally got some basic sounds implemented into the system, yay! So far there are foot steps, door opening and closing, flashlight on/off, and panting for being out of stamina

- Map Development: Terrain! Lovely grass textured terrain for you to walk around in before you enter the mansion. Also the entire first floor has been mapped out and the basement is currently in the works.

PRE ALPHA UPDATE VIDEO

Progress Report 0.3

-Door Lock system added: Some doors will be locked by default and their corresponding key will be located somewhere in another area of the mansion. Once the key is picked up, you head to the corresponding door(s) and interact with it and it will unlock, giving you access to whatever might be behind it.

-Journals: Because while you are walking around the mansion, most people love finding lore/stories within the game. So I've added just that. There will be books laying about the mansion that you can read.

-Flashlight: Changed from crank mechanic to batteries. Flashlight now lasts longer, but requires batteries to be powered, so make sure you keep an eye out for them while playing.

- More sounds: Along with the mention new features above they also have their sounds too. Opening/closing a journal. Attempting to open a door to find out its locked. Unlocking said locked door. And many more sounds, that you will have to wait to play the game to find out about.

- Map Development: The Foyer has been textured and add some props to make it look pretty. Also currently working on giving each room its own floor tile, as currently all of the 1st floor is just one massive plate.

Progress Report 0.4

- Pause Menu: You can now pause your game for when you shit yourself and need a break. Currently you can Pause/Quit/Resume/or open Options. Options currently contains two subcategories: Sound and Display. Sound is for in game sound such as sfx (footsteps) voice (for voice audio) and master (everything). Display currently only changes the window size of the game from windowed 720/1080/1920 and a 4th option for fullscreen which sets the game window to the size of your monitor.

-Level Development:
All of the first floor has been textured, couple rooms have been furnished.
Second floor has been completely mapped and textured, no furnishings yet besides railings and beams in some areas.
Third floor/attic is to be worked on next.
Basement is getting no love and isnt mapped yet or textured.
Hii I give you a go ahead And hope to play your game soon :) But I got an Idea while staring at those pictures Can u put some lights??? it seems dark for me :) Good lucks and you have my vote already.

overcast

Reaction score
Fatal frame is one of my favorite series. It is more dark and it has potential to be more horror but they are limiting it in many ways. Another one I can say is the alone in the dark. The game didn't paid much attention to the plot side but the overall game play was good. And after this there are some other random games like FEAR etc. But mostly my focus is on the fatal frame I like that series along with silent hill.