• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Injured myself

Warren

Reaction score
Unfortunately I was playing soccer in one of my RTO Subjects called Active Life. I was the goalie, I ended up saving the first goal but when I went to kick the ball I completely missed it and heard a loud cracking noise in my knee and had to sit out for the rest of the game. This was Friday of all days by the way.

Anyhow, Saturday I went to see a Doctor and the doctor assumes I have a meniscal tear and to be certain as he wasn't 100% sure, he has made me a referral to get an MRI done, but the MRI is not till next Tuesday at 6:15pm.

The knee is very painful, I am limping constantly, the doctor said to get crutches, but the crutches are expensive though, $50 deposit and $15 per week is outrageous in my opinion, I am not made out of money :)

So, I am praying and hoping it's not too serious.

Squizls

Reaction score
That sucks D:
well hope it gets better.

Pluto

Reaction score
If you do have a problem you're going to get endoscopy surgery. Its not bad just a little metal toothbrush type thing getting rid of all the ripped meniscus and you're done, out for a week 3 days on crutches. I had the same thing done with my knee and shoulder. you'll be fine

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Wow, I had no clue you had to basically rent crutches. Is there anyway to buy some used ones that will be cheaper?

Anyway hope everything turns out ok!

Warren

Reaction score
That's what sucks in Australia everything including Crutches, Wheelchairs etc you need to put a deposit on it and pay weekly, how ridiculous is that?

One thing I don't understand is why the MRI has to be 2 Weeks Later?

Warren

Reaction score
Thanks for that, I'll find out what the MRI says on Tuesday Evening which is in Two days, as today is Sunday.

uchenna

Reaction score
Saturday** but I hope you get better soon, take medication and get some rest, don't walk on it to much.