• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Just Registered to Freelancer, any advice on how to attract customers?

Bradley

Reaction score
Okay, so I registered to freelancer.
I need some help attracting an audience.
Any Ideas?

Zander Collision

Reaction score
Hey Bradley,

First complete your profile. and make it look professional. Write clearly what kind of service you can provide. While bidding, clearly state what you can do, in how much time and any other requirements you have. Once you get a job, make good relations with your counterpart. He/she is the one who will write review for your service, make him feel good. If you will have good relations, they might contact directly to you for future projects. Dont hesitate to ask them to write a review if they havent given you a review, do this politely.

Dont get into something in which you are not comfortable, or the guy seems fishy. Talk to them before starting to work on their project.

Hope this helps.

Zander

Bradley

Reaction score
I will take this into consideration.
Thank you.

Guardian

Reaction score
No experience in this area, but I wish you good luck nonetheless. ;)

RivaCom

Reaction score
Honestly, as a Buyer. Show examples and demos. Similar to other Freelancer type sites, if I don't see any work previously done. I skip it.

Bradley

Reaction score
would it be wise to start with cheap jobs just to boost up my ratings?

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
would it be wise to start with cheap jobs just to boost up my ratings?
Might be a good start. Quick and easy ones should be the best ones I would start with :p
Build up a smaller portfolio before going to the bigger guys.

Bradley

Reaction score
Might be a good start. Quick and easy ones should be the best ones I would start with :p
Build up a smaller portfolio before going to the bigger guys.
This freelancer website is to complicated.
So how would i build up this 'portfolio'.

RivaCom

Reaction score
Another good site to start with is Fiverr.com You can offer cheap services with addtional services at different costs.

Zander Collision

Reaction score
I would not recommend to get into smaller tasks, sometimes its not worth the efforts you will be putting up to finish them. Make sure you know what you will be doing and how much will it take to finish the task from your side. Dont bid recklessly.

Bradley

Reaction score
Another good site to start with is Fiverr.com You can offer cheap services with addtional services at different costs.
I'll check it out.
I would not recommend to get into smaller tasks, sometimes its not worth the efforts you will be putting up to finish them. Make sure you know what you will be doing and how much will it take to finish the task from your side. Dont bid recklessly.
I've only bid on work I know I can 100% complete.

SharaElyse

Reaction score
How did your experience with Freelancer go? I had a bad experience with them, so I deleted my account. I hope you were more successful. I am wanting to write so badly, but I am not having any luck with freelancing sites.

Bradley

Reaction score
I've had terrible experience with it.
I'll never use it again.