• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Laptops or Desktops for gaming?

fishmonk

Reaction score
I never use a desktop so my only experience now is with a laptop. I have used a desktop to game in the past, and it doesn't really make any difference to me as to whether I am using a desktop or a laptop. I am not playing any games that would make a big difference whether I did it on a desktop or laptop. I use the Kindle, and smartphone to play games on as well.
Out of curiosity, what games are you playing on the platforms mentioned? You mean you have the Kindle Fire tablet, correct?

kgord

Reaction score
Yes, there are quite a few I play on Kindle at least occassionally. Most are object finding games, but I have Vikings War of Clans on there, and Texas Hold em Poker,Candy Crush, Bowling as well as a few others. I don't play any of them everyday. It is convenient to game on the Kindle. I also play games on the laptop and phone.

Eli Maximilien

Reaction score
Get a PC for gaming instead of a Desktop. Desktop computers take up more space than is convenient; Laptops are portable and you can always charge them if they're losing power. There's nothing like gaming in the privacy of your own room without any distractions.

Besides, the number of people using desktop computers in their homes is decreasing. Why spend more money for something that's going to be stationary and that you'll probably have to share most of the time?

Be independent; Get a PC.

fishmonk

Reaction score
Get a PC for gaming instead of a Desktop. Desktop computers take up more space than is convenient; Laptops are portable and you can always charge them if they're losing power. There's nothing like gaming in the privacy of your own room without any distractions.

Besides, the number of people using desktop computers in their homes is decreasing. Why spend more money for something that's going to be stationary and that you'll probably have to share most of the time?

Be independent; Get a PC.
A desktop is generally cheaper than a laptop and provides good value for money. Having a PC does not mean you must share it or place in a public corner in your home. I would say get both if possible but choose according to the user needs.

Clara1993

Reaction score
Which do you prefer for gaming?

I prefer desktops. Better hardware, more space, more efficient.
I believe that both laptop and desktop have cons and pros, If I consider the budget then I would choose nice a desktop with an HD grafics and good resolution but if I consider to bring my games wherever I go then I would add some money and get a laptop for gaming I think it's a hard to choose question.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
I couldn't think of anything worse than me using a laptop for gaming, I just couldn't do it, whether I had a mouse or keyboard plugged in separately. I couldn't game on a screen so small and I couldn't justify spending that much money on a good laptop to miss out on big specs. I know a lot of them have some real good specs, but for example with the Asus Predator (I think?) it has a 1080 but plays a resolution of 1080p? Just feels like a waste.

I've tried gaming on a laptop but it just doesn't feel the same as sitting at a desk with your desktop.

Weygd

Reaction score
Definitely desktops for gaming. Laptops are quite useful for moving to other places, but it's just not fit for gaming.. at least, the ones under $1k prices.

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
Desktops are way better then gaming laptops, gaming laptops even cost more at time depending on how much your Desktop costs. Also Desktops can run games and other programs faster then a laptop.

Truffle

Reaction score
Desktops, the graphic cards. made to fit into a laptop, giving less peformance.

Mace

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Desktops, unless your constantly running from the cops I mean on the move than theirs no reason not to have a desktop over a laptop really.

augusta

Reaction score
I prefer my laptop for easy accessibility. I can move around with my laptop and I love to play games everywhere, I wouldn't need to wait until I get home to play and it quite comfortable for me to play with my laptop.

emoxigh27

Reaction score
For me, I'll go for desktops because you can upgrade it anytime you want. However, I am a laptop user and I can say that I am satisfied. My aunt brought this to me when I need it for my thesis and now I am using this for both surfing the internet and playing games. I think a laptop can also be good at gaming but they are more prone to overheating issue.

leeyong

Reaction score
Desktops are cheaper, laptops are portable. I think, the answer lies to which a person would choose. Indeed, desktops can have high specs with lower cost if you are that good with hardware. But you cannot bring it anywhere you want, nor can you use it if in case of power interruption. On the other hand, laptops can be brought anywhere, even without electricity as you can charge it. But it is really very expensive, especially if you want a gaming laptop which in country cost around 70k -100k php.

And so, if you're a gamer with the budget, go for laptops. Otherwise, build your own desktop for a cheaper price.

Referal

Reaction score
I pefer Laptop games as its more Sleek and you can it any way you go like school work and play on it as for Desktop it isn't Compatible.

pierrepotro

Reaction score
I haven't used desktops in a while, and the laptops I've used are fairly good in performance and I don't really see any problems with playing games in it, be it offline or online. I prefer laptops because they are more compact and I can play everywhere I go, being the constant traveling person that I am.