• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Minecraft best on what console?

Gladdy

Reaction score
I have only ever played Minecraft on the computer and the Xbox 360.

The computer is far better though. It is further ahead with patches, has an endless world - on the Xbox you spawn in a world but it is limited, it doesn't go on forever. So you could run out of space to explore.

But still, the Xbox 360 isn't bad at all. It is nicely ported and optimized. The controls aren't very confusing. You get used to them very easily.

Sino989

Reaction score
Minecraft is the best on the PC without a doubt. Minecraft for consoles can get very boring after a while because you can't add mods and you're basically doing the same thing over and over.

airfightermax

Reaction score
While yeah PC is the best version out there currently(and will always be), the Pocket Edition is catching up to its console counterparts. I can even say the Pocket Edition is better now than the Xbox and PS versions since the Pocket Edition has all the features the console has while staying mobile(you can bring your phone and play with it anywhere, with Xbox and PS you can't, with a laptop just give up). You can also put controllers on your phone, so it really is the PC experience on the go!

JaiGuru

Reaction score
While the PC version will always be the definitive build of the game for me because of all the modifications you can make, the Switch version is definitely pulling its weight. The game is being developed to take advantage of the Nvidia architecture and it feels a lot more like the PC build than any of the other console editions I've played. And who doesn't love the idea of playing your Minecraft worlds on the go? Being able to mine away those chunks really makes long trips go fast.

airfightermax

Reaction score
While the PC version will always be the definitive build of the game for me because of all the modifications you can make, the Switch version is definitely pulling its weight. The game is being developed to take advantage of the Nvidia architecture and it feels a lot more like the PC build than any of the other console editions I've played. And who doesn't love the idea of playing your Minecraft worlds on the go? Being able to mine away those chunks really makes long trips go fast.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the switch version! It really looks nice as they somewhat took the portability from Pocket Edition and the features from the other consoles! This version is really nice though, you'll need a Switch device for this, which is quite difficult to get a hold off at this since stocks are always out.

You can play Pocket Edition easier though as you only need a mobile device!

JaiGuru

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the switch version! It really looks nice as they somewhat took the portability from Pocket Edition and the features from the other consoles! This version is really nice though, you'll need a Switch device for this, which is quite difficult to get a hold off at this since stocks are always out.

You can play Pocket Edition easier though as you only need a mobile device!

Yeah it is pretty difficult to get a hold of. It will only get harder as the holiday season gets closer, too. Now is definitely the time to be trying hard to nab one if you have the interest. I just got fortunate and got one on launch day. I've been a gamer for 30 years and I've never attended an opening day launch, nor have I ever had a console from day one. I figured it was a slice of life I should really try once. It's a pretty good slice.

rockandgreen

Reaction score
I find it best on PC simply because of the lack of lag and ease of control one has when playing Minecraft on this particular console. The expansive keyboard combined with the flexible manoeuvres available with the mouse makes Minecraft most engaging over the PC.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
I know there is a lot of possibilities in the PC version of Minecraft, especially the java version, but if only they do not limit the generations of worlds in consoles and mobile versions of the game then I think it would be on par with the PC version. Consoles version of Minecraft will only be better than the PC version if they have public servers for players to join in.
What I like about consoles version of Minecraft is that there is splitscreen multiplayer, and as someone that has siblings that also play games, I want to be able to play with them. It would be better if they have public servers on consoles and they allow players from your own console to join in the online fun too!

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
It pains me to say it because I am a huge Sony fan, but its best on the Xbox One. Once the better together update hits this summer/fall your going to be able to play with PC, Android, IOS, and Nintendo players. I have been playing on the Windows 10/PE version and I can't wait to play with my Xbox friends once the update goes live.

fishmonk

Reaction score
I like to play on PC since it offers me a degree of control. I like to be able to play and take some breaks in between to check out some television drama and anime. The PC version of Minecraft also feels smoother for me as well.

goldlady

Reaction score
Well I am a newbie in Minecraft and I have only played it on PC and I am actually loving it! The friend of mine that recommended me the game told me that PC version is the best but he also likes to play it in PS3 so I think I will give it a chance one day.

AndrewG

Reaction score
Well I think its pretty obvious that the definitive platform is PC, as it always has been. Not only does the game run graphically the best (depending on your machine's specs of course), but it is always at the forefront of development. This is because the main Minecraft team work to give weekly updates to the PC version, and then finally once the update is out in a complete version, the console Dev teams have to port it over separately. I believe this is due to the PC version being written in Java (although the windows 10 edition is now in C++ which is a much better language for a game) so it has to be re-coded in C++ for the other versions. Not to mention mods, the online community for pc etc. which make it a much better experience in my opinion.