• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

MMORPG Roles [PVE]

Hintahai

Super Moderator
Reaction score
in many MMORPG games like World of Warcraft or SWTOR there are 3 main roles to separate the tasks & objectives of each member. In many games you will choose your role & unlock abilities that fits the role.
The three roles are: Tank, healer & DPS (classes with high damage).

Tank
Tanks normally have the highest amount of health & armor. Their job is mostly to focus on the main target & take the damage. Tanks are usually provided with many crowd control & defensive abilities. Tank uses crowd control abilities to taunt the enemies to attack him instead of others. It is the tank's job to ensure that enemies deal most of the damage to him.

Healer
Healers are in charge of keeping the group alive. They are provided with healing, buff & cleansing abilities. Healers must always keep an eye on who is taking damage. Healers don't just heal group members. They can give buffs which helps the group at certain moments & cleanses any debuffs affected by the group. As a healer you must predict on who is taking damage next.

DPS
This role is in charge of doing the heavy damage to the enemies. Normaly they first focus any smaller side enemies & then help the tank. This role is usually also in charge of interrupting the enemy from casting an ability that would be fatal for the group.

In a group of four people it is common to have one tank, one healer & two DPS.

I am usually the healer of the group because I like the healer gameplay. It's challenging enough & you're really important part of the group.

I want to know which role do you prefer. I'd also like to hear why.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
I'm mostly a healer as well. I use to main DPS when I first got into MMOs, then switched to tanking, but then you have to deal with the idiots. So now I mostly create healing classes, that way out in about in the world I can also solo mostly everything :)

Referal

Reaction score
I prefer Tank and my 2nd role would be healer
[doublepost=1511220464,1511104510][/doublepost]
I prefer Tank and my 2nd role would be healer
Do you
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Online game?