• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Most Disappointing Video Game Ending You have played? (spoilers, obviously)

thart

Reaction score
Fable 3, GEEZ. That final battle was such a letdown for what was up until then a totally fine fable game. Still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
I recently played the game Ghostbusters released in 2016 at one of my friend's place. I would not recommend this game to anyone. This is the worst game ever. I wonder why they even put this game on the market. I didn't quite like the music and the graphics were very poor. My friend paid quite a long to purchase the game. It was not worth it.

There are many titles that don't deserve a spot on Steam, but they are still there. If you look at the mobile games, just take a look at how many minecraft clones are out there. They basically stole the idea and made their own game based on the minecraft. Even worse, you have to pay for them.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I just played Firewatch and the game was great, the build up to the plot was great, but I felt the ending (and the latter part of the game) was incredibly rushed and it was very anticlimactic. I think the fanbase agrees with me on that one because you don't get a lot of resolutions and the mystery was incredibly rushed and was just given a mundane explanation. I'd play again, but probably wouldn't recommend the game for the price they are charging. About a 5 hour game that ends in disappointment.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I just played Firewatch and the game was great, the build up to the plot was great, but I felt the ending (and the latter part of the game) was incredibly rushed and it was very anticlimactic. I think the fanbase agrees with me on that one because you don't get a lot of resolutions and the mystery was incredibly rushed and was just given a mundane explanation. I'd play again, but probably wouldn't recommend the game for the price they are charging. About a 5 hour game that ends in disappointment.
I 100% agree, haha. I loved the actual game, the way you play it, the whole immersive environment and weird plot twists that happen through the story but the ending... what the hell was that? It felt so extremely rushed like the devs just didn't want to deal with it anymore and said ''Okay, end it there!''. It just didn't deliver anything for me and it was a big letdown of an otherwise great game.

I hated how they made you believe that your choices matter and blabla, then at the end, no matter which final option you picked, it all ended the same. A shame really.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I 100% agree, haha. I loved the actual game, the way you play it, the whole immersive environment and weird plot twists that happen through the story but the ending... what the hell was that? It felt so extremely rushed like the devs just didn't want to deal with it anymore and said ''Okay, end it there!''. It just didn't deliver anything for me and it was a big letdown of an otherwise great game.

I hated how they made you believe that your choices matter and blabla, then at the end, no matter which final option you picked, it all ended the same. A shame really.
And here I thought it was aliens or something. It was a very mundane explanation for something that had the promise of something amazing. In the end, you were just bored and your imagination got the better of you. They should have made it even better because I think they planned it from the beginning to have an ending with an anticlimax, so it's really the devs who are to be blamed. So much promise and buildup all for that. I was expecting a twist and then... the credits rolled.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
That horrible piece of.. whatever.. called I Am Alive, and if you have played it you know exactly what I mean.
The ending to the main plot of the game comes after 4-5 hours, and during all those time such plot is.. .well, abandoned in favor of a subplot! At the beginning you might think it's just a small part of the game, but when it end with a terrible, terrible last part without any tension or any kind of climax, you get a small cutscene which explain basically nothing and feel way too rushed.