• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

New WoW Expansion Revealed!

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Thew new World of Warcraft expansion has been revealed today!!
World of Warcraft: Legion

This expansion kinda brings back The Burning Crusade. Somewhat.
Cinematic Taser Trailer:

Feature Overview:

DEMON HUNTERS!!!!
If you have read some of our previous threads in the WoW section, you might have noticed that I made a comment about the demon hunters:
https://www.gamerebels.com/threads/expansion-ideas.741/#post-30339

I said
I just hope demon hunters make it into the playable race one day

AND GUESS WHAT!!! They are coming into this expansion. I am so stoked.

What are your thoughts and ideas?

Guardian

Reaction score
I'm actually not a fan. :p I love WoW, but their expansions are killing me. I want something to WoW me. They're rehashing way too much, but when they don't they get ridiculous about it (MoP).

Then again I'm still going to buy it and play it out. :p

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
Have fun guys! Expansion looks pretty cool. I'm interested to see how that whole ancient weapon thing is played out. Personally I'm still waiting on the SWTOR expansion though :p

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
I need to get a new computer so I can try SWTOR again. I loved the game, but my computer did not.
They have actually optimized it quite a bit. You can probably run it decently now, even if in low settings.

Guardian

Reaction score
They have actually optimized it quite a bit. You can probably run it decently now, even if in low settings.

Good to know. Might try it again.

My only problem is there are way too many games to play and not enough time. :p

RivaCom

Reaction score
I'm actually not a fan. :p I love WoW, but their expansions are killing me. I want something to WoW me. They're rehashing way too much, but when they don't they get ridiculous about it (MoP).

Then again I'm still going to buy it and play it out. :p
That's how I am. I wish they would go back to vanilla where there was actual choices and it didn't cater to new players. But that's just me and being a EQ vet, i'll just have to wait until Pantheon is released.

Blizz put in Guild housing!

PingPongCall

Reaction score
Am I the only person that's tired of a new WoW expansion coming out every year 1/2? Maybe it's because I don't pay much attention to the lore of War Craft, but I think they should probably consider shifting focus onto something else for a little while.

RivaCom

Reaction score
Am I the only person that's tired of a new WoW expansion coming out every year 1/2? Maybe it's because I don't pay much attention to the lore of War Craft, but I think they should probably consider shifting focus onto something else for a little while.
What else could they focus on? The issue is they only put enough content in for 5-6 months and stretch it to over a year. So were already hitting a wall too quick. Unfortunately Blizzard has kinda ruined many of the things that lengthened the game. They made everything more new player friendly and quick, now players zip by everything with ease and creates zero replay value. As of now, crafting was destroyed, social interaction was destroyed, and any reason to theory craft was more or less destroyed. So you are left with a pretty straight line game with not many options outside of running the same stuff day and night. Legion is trying to fix a lot of this but, at still months away, who knows how long the expansion will last users.

PingPongCall

Reaction score
What else could they focus on? The issue is they only put enough content in for 5-6 months and stretch it to over a year. So were already hitting a wall too quick. Unfortunately Blizzard has kinda ruined many of the things that lengthened the game. They made everything more new player friendly and quick, now players zip by everything with ease and creates zero replay value. As of now, crafting was destroyed, social interaction was destroyed, and any reason to theory craft was more or less destroyed. So you are left with a pretty straight line game with not many options outside of running the same stuff day and night. Legion is trying to fix a lot of this but, at still months away, who knows how long the expansion will last users.
That's weird. Whenever people tell me about WoW, they act as though there is just an infinite amount of stuff to do in the game. That's why I always found constant expansions to be very odd.

Also I meant focusing on other games, like Diablo or The Lost Vikings.

Maelalove

Reaction score
I think it's more because it gets boring for the people who have done it. If things don't come out consistently, as an MMO tries to keep up with, they're going to lose even more subs. Even now, with the promise of a new expansion on the horizon, they are losing subs with people saying they will be back for the next one. Simply because they've run out of things to do. So to keep on top of it they release new expansions. It's just like the next installment of games coming out, like Call of Duty or something.

Zyni

Reaction score
That's how I am. I wish they would go back to vanilla where there was actual choices and it didn't cater to new players.

Oh, man, I am right there with you. They really need to put up some legacy servers. That, I would pay for.

I don't currently have much interest in their new expansions. Warlords was only half an expansion and Legion gives everybody a "legendary" weapon. If everyone has one, it isn't legendary. Ugh.

If they would bring back the gameplay of Burning Crusade, instead of just the theme (like in Legion), I'd be all over that.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Oh, man, I am right there with you. They really need to put up some legacy servers. That, I would pay for.

I don't currently have much interest in their new expansions. Warlords was only half an expansion and Legion gives everybody a "legendary" weapon. If everyone has one, it isn't legendary. Ugh.

If they would bring back the gameplay of Burning Crusade, instead of just the theme (like in Legion), I'd be all over that.
I'm with you too on this one. Vanilla was the best for me. I've dedicated my whole life playing vanilla WoW specially The Burning Crusade expansion. Now I'm longing for it. I can't even find a good stable server. Jez.

Zyni

Reaction score
I really don't want to use a private server. I'm holding out hope that Blizzard will realize that some fan service for old school players is the right move. I'd gladly pay (again) for the original and TBC and probably even WoftLK but not anything past that. Well, unless they make you keep a current sub to play the older stuff. I would do that too, although I probably wouldn't touch the new parts..

I hope their next reveal is an old expansion instead of a new one, lol.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
I really don't want to use a private server. I'm holding out hope that Blizzard will realize that some fan service for old school players is the right move. I'd gladly pay (again) for the original and TBC and probably even WoftLK but not anything past that. Well, unless they make you keep a current sub to play the older stuff. I would do that too, although I probably wouldn't touch the new parts..

I hope their next reveal is an old expansion instead of a new one, lol.

They're in a precarious position. People don't like it when I say this, but Legion, and the heavily implied Old God/Void Lord expansion that is clearly being set up, is probably this game's swan song. Legion really has a "kitchen sink" feel to it. An inordinate amount of loose ends are suddenly showing up and being handled. I think Blizzard's refusal to invest in the server, personnel and marketing resources is actually a tacit admission that the game is drawing to a close. That's why they don't say "yes" or "no" to the request directly. A "yes" answer is not possible when your company's end-game is on the horizon, and a "no" draws implies things you don't want to publicly admit to just yet because you're trying to keep your subscription rate up as long as you can.

If I'm right, we have 2 and a half-ish years left of game development before the servers go into perpetual stasis mode. There's certainly more they could do with the game, but we're fighting the ultimate bad guys; the Legion now, and the Void Lords next. There's no where left to go that ups the stakes. For me the writing is on the wall plainly here and, because of that, I'm not holding my breath for any feature that requires a heavy investment. I would sorely like a Vanilla server though. I came in during BC and I've always wished I could have seen the old world end game and fought the world dragons.

Zyni

Reaction score
Oh, I have no doubt that their lack of a definite answer is to keep people on a string.

It's sad to say, but yeah, I think you're right. I fully expect it to go free to play, sooner rather than later. They'll stop adding new expansions and just let people play what's already there (which is admittedly a lot of content). I see it being "free" with cash shop. At least that's what I've been thinking for quite some time now.

I guess it had to end some time, but I feel it was premature. Alas, they've moved on to games that are simpler and cheaper to make.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
Oh, I have no doubt that their lack of a definite answer is to keep people on a string.

It's sad to say, but yeah, I think you're right. I fully expect it to go free to play, sooner rather than later. They'll stop adding new expansions and just let people play what's already there (which is admittedly a lot of content). I see it being "free" with cash shop. At least that's what I've been thinking for quite some time now.

I guess it had to end some time, but I feel it was premature. Alas, they've moved on to games that are simpler and cheaper to make.

Yes, I've been dissatisfied with their choices for some time now. I've often argued that they've forgotten the RPG part of MMORPG. There's only ever one story thread in a zone and all of them lead to the theme they've set out for your character this expac. It's confining in a game that used to be about being lost in a world, and in circumstances that were way bigger than any one person, individually. I yearn for a return to that old world feel, with Tolkenien aesthetics. I know it wont happen though. Blizzard clearly has an agenda.