• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Chris Holman

Reaction score
Some I thought for a while has been what is going to be the next Minecraft? Is there a new project in development and if so what do you think it will look like? Will there be even more blocks with extra high definition resolution, scarier creatures, more crafting choices, or even a set Survivor difficulty? These are just a few questions that I have had as I I'm really into Minecraft!
The problem with me though is the current Survivor difficulty, because one can simply add anything they desire via creative mode. Once I found out that this was possible I chose to play the game list because it didn't feel as difficult. In the next game I want to see more set difficulties because as of now I'm not too impressed.
Don't get me wrong Minecraft is a great game the way it is in many aspects, I'm just looking forward to something a little bit more challenging! What do you guys think?

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
Notch, the creator of Minecraft, promised an amazing game in the near future, that took all is the effort, even he couldn't manage Minecraft anymore. So don't expect a gigantic change to Minecraft, besides mods, maps, skins.
But maybe in the near future, there could be a Minecraft game where you could craft things in a different way, with infinite recipes, that could make things interesting.

Chris Holman

Reaction score
Notch, the creator of Minecraft, promised an amazing game in the near future, that took all is the effort, even he couldn't manage Minecraft anymore. So don't expect a gigantic change to Minecraft, besides mods, maps, skins.
But maybe in the near future, there could be a Minecraft game where you could craft things in a different way, with infinite recipes, that could make things interesting.

Interesting, yes I agree that most likely it'll have the same kind of overall content, but I think it would just be cool to have that set difficulty. I really hope that they do this, but besides that thanks for sharing what you've learned about the upcoming Minecraft! If you have any further updates please let me know I'll look forward to them!

Gladdy

Reaction score
Hmm... I don't really think that we can expect a new Minecraft in the near future. They are still heavily invested in this one - you have the ''Super Duper'' update coming soon with the new graphics update and then the ''Better Together'' update that will finally connect all of the different platforms.

I really think that they still have a lot of creative space to mess around and add things into the Minecraft as it is so it would be rather pointless to make a whole new one - it isn't as easy as it might seem.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I can tell you guys for sure that there's not going to be another Minecraft for a long long long time, if ever. The old saying is if its not broke then dont fix it and Minecraft is far from broke. Its a cash cow and Microsoft is going to milk it for every penny.

Not only that but soon every gaming platform except Playstation is going to be able to play together on the same servers/worlds. Amd lets not forget the upcoming "Super Duper" graphic update that's coming. And after these 2 updates land Microsoft will continue to update the game forever as long as its making money.

valy

Reaction score
A new Minecraft game would not bring an amazing improvement to the actual game. I don't want to have big hopes and get a huge disappointing. Maybe the update will stay in some better graphics and server mods, but I don't think it would be something special!

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
A new Minecraft game wouldn't make sense: the game is still popular today, there are tons of mods and updates, and the fact that at the recent E3 they even showed a 4K trailer for it means it's stronger than ever.
And if there is actually another game in development... why would we assume it's another Minecraft? I hope it's something new and unique! Notch had a brilliant idea with this game, maybe he had an idea even more awesome for another game! But no way it will be Minecraft 2 or something like that.

ballyhara

Reaction score
Hmm... I don't really think that we can expect a new Minecraft in the near future. They are still heavily invested in this one - you have the ''Super Duper'' update coming soon with the new graphics update and then the ''Better Together'' update that will finally connect all of the different platforms.

I really think that they still have a lot of creative space to mess around and add things into the Minecraft as it is so it would be rather pointless to make a whole new one - it isn't as easy as it might seem.

Yes, there's this Super Duper update, is supposed to come out this fall, I found a short demo-trailer video in another forum and it looks really good, the block are super realistic and enhanced. It seems like we are going to see more and more upgrades instead of a new MC.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
I do not have high hopes when it comes to games that are inspired by Minecraft, that I even regard them as ripoffs of the original game. Seeing as how Minecraft just made a major feature update, I am expecting a lot more for the game especially after the Better Together update! I am still hoping that they integrate Java version and the Windows 10 version of Minecraft anytime soon.

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
I used to like MC during the simple times during 1.8 or 1.9, but since Microsoft took over Minecraft, the update to me are just... Not that great any more, and I know a lot of people would agree, keying one of the reasons I stopped playing MC.

However if Notch does create a new and fun game, I'll probably be hyped for it and possibly will get it.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
I don't think they'll ever be a another Minecraft. There's not really much they could do to the game that couldn't be done with updates instead. It would definitely be interesting to see but I highly doubt it'll be something that's likely to happen.

Fallenpyro418 (Sparks)

Community Supervisor
Community Supervisor
Administrator
Reaction score
Minecraft with the newer updates has become more of a joke to me. The only way I play Minecraft nowadays is if it's modded.

I wouldn't be excited for new one of they tried

JaiGuru

Reaction score
Personally I just want to see a "Modern" take on Minecraft. Code it fromthe ground up. Make the block sizes 4x smaller so we can create intricate moldings and statues. Obviously increase the draw distance and height dramatically. Give us angles! I want wedges so I can make at least semi-rounded objects. I think it's a pitty Mojang doesn't create this in a Minecraft 2. I'll always love the first, but I'm ready for new challenges that even mods just can't provide at this point.