• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Old games are more enjoyable

Shanky

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this for a while now, and I was wondering why old games are often more fun to play than new ones.

I've noticed that when I play an old game, I tend to have a lot more fun than when I play a new one. I think it might have something to do with the nostalgia factor, but I'm not sure. Maybe it's the simpler graphics, or the more straightforward gameplay? Or maybe it's just that old games have a certain charm that newer games don't have? I was wondering if any of you have any thoughts on this. Do you think old games are more fun to play than new ones? And if so, why do you think that is?

Elite

Owner
Senior Admin
Reaction score
I agree with this sentiment. I play WarThunder a lot which came out 10 years ago. It seems the stability that has been around these older games bring an advantage over the way games are built now. Personally the "release before finished" isn't making a lot of fans! Aka cyberpunk, battlefield, etc.