• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

PC or Console Gaming?

lunarsilkdragon

Reaction score
I would pick PC over console any day. Yes, it is more expensive and I do understand that some people don't have the money required to buy a high-end computer, but if you do invest in it, it will blow any console out of the water. OP made the argument that a console is always to can run the newest games. Sure, it CAN, but it's almost always locked to 30 FPS and sometimes the console isn't even strong enough to keep the game at a stable 30. On top of the that, the graphics are very often downgraded is some ways on a console.

The other obvious thing that makes PC superior for games are the mods. Yes, I know Fallout 4 and some other games have mods on console, but the choice of those mods are severely limited both by what the developers approves and the technical limitations of the console, most are just new cosmetic items

Sino989

Reaction score
Well, personally, I am a console player so I guess I have to say console but I think PC is better because PC has a lot more things to work with making game developers able to do a lot more on PC games than console games.

Lord Sanity

Reaction score
PC can definitely be fun if you give it a chance.
But there's nothing like holding a controller in your hand.
And kicking back and relaxing while you're doing it.
It also gives you great hand-eye coordination skills.
Not to say that PC doesn't but it's much easier what's controller to me.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
Well, I don't have a lot of PC games, but I enjoy everyone that I have, they are very good, like Portal or Batman games, but I play the most with my console, if I had more games in my PC I think that I choose my PC.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Can I just pick both? I hate making these decisions. Apples or bananas... they're both good and I love both. I initially started with consoles since my first gaming experience was on SNES and then a few other old ones and I transitioned into computer gaming. However, I never just played one exclusively. I always played both - I switch out. Both are unique in their own ways with good and bad sides. It will always come down to what each individual prefers.

However, with the recent purchase of PS4, I do have to admit that just maybe the console gaming gets to be my preferred choice. Maybe.

SerSlavos

Reaction score
PC always :p Although today PC requires from you to constantly upgrade if you want to keep up with all the new releases. With consoles you just buy one and it's all you need, which is great. But still I'd go for a PC.

zackd

Reaction score
I know PC Gaming is where it's at but I've never had the money or effort in me to do it, I want to build a beast PC someday and start to game on it but I've always been a console gamer. Xbox specifically, I'm not a huge gamer anymore as my real life stuff takes up more time but when I do have the time to game it's on the XB1.

Cendrillon

Reaction score
Tough choice, but I'll go for PC.
While I think consoles are more aesthetically pleasing and can pump you up a lot more, the PC ones will always be more accessible on the go. Especially if you don't have the chance to own as many consoles as you'd like (And I sure wish I could.)
Plus I'm lucky to have chosen a lappy that's fully suited for games, so I try to make the most of her as much as I can!

Bayoneutra

Reaction score
Well, I love Nintendo and I sure as hell eat up whatever they sell me, but my bank account can't keep up with the strain of constantly updating myself to the newest console just to risk having an obsolete one in a matter of years, so I buy a console, invest on my favorite games for it, and then resort to PC gaming for my fix of indie and underground gaming. It's cheaper and quicker, even if not as flashy.

Denis_P

Reaction score
I haven't owned a console since purchasing a PlayStation 3 back in 2006. Once I discovered PC gaming and all of the benefits, I haven't looked back since. From the higher framerates and higher resolution textures, to the mod support, to simply the ability to use a mouse and keyboard for my favorite shooters, and of course the ridiculously awesome sales on Steam, you just can't beat PC gaming in my opinion. The biggest downside is how most developers put so many fun games exclusively for consoles, but that's business I suppose.

overcast

Reaction score
I am happy with either. I don't have any reservations about which is good or bad. I prefer to work with what I have. If there is PC and enough CPU then sure I don't mind. If there is old console. I don't mind either. I just like playing games with what I have and what I share with others. That way there is no boredom.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
Im used to play games using pc so my vote is to that. Console games is good but sometimes lacks the "wow" factor.

Chinatown88

Reaction score
I'm happy with either. I just want to play games that I have a desire to play regardless of the platform they're on.

missionreport

Reaction score
Well I play games on both platforms. I mainly play fps games on my pc because it's just ridiculous to play fps on consoles. Then I play rpg and hack and slash games on my consoles because that's where they work best. Besides playing hack and slash on the pc is extremely awkward and the same thing can be said about how it feels playing fps games on the console.

valy

Reaction score
I don't use a console anymore, i like to play on my PC, because i have more games in my PC and Steam. PC gaming is the evolution, is what makes you forget about the world around you, is cheaper, and console gaming continues to be expensive. Most PC games, old or new ones have better input than the original console.

SashaS

Reaction score
The age old battle. I'm glad to see that its no longer this constant debate that leaks into every discussion forum on the internet. These days its more of a constructive discussion where both sides acknowledge the opposition's points and do not turn it into an immature argument.

I'm personally a fan of both, but I guess I'd choose PC if anything. I love the more simplistic, integrated and fluid approach that consoles have and using a Dualshock or Xbox controller is great for certain games like Forza/Gran Turismo. But PC gaming just brings so much more to the table. From the customizable PC itself to the peripherals and your display. The ability to mod if you're into that and ultimately the gigantic roster of games from all eras. I also quite like Steam (bugs and quirks aside) and the fact that you don't need to pay some ridiculous subscription just to play online.

hermessantos

Reaction score
That choice is very difficult for me! I use both to play and each has its pros and cons. But I am particularly passionate about PC, so I will choose this option.

thart

Reaction score
if i had to pick from the two, then i would say console since those that are on them are more mature. just look at how fast PC only gamers say the childish statements like calling those on console gamers name and the like. i always have a console so i don't end up with as a PC only and in the worse group of gamers.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
PC for me. You get better frame rates, you get better deals for games with Steam Sales, you get easy support, and you can easily upgrade parts to make the gameplay experience better. For controls, a keyboard and a mouse is still superior to a controller, especially in point and click style games, first person shooting games, and strategy games. If you want to use a controller, PC also has controller support, so you don't really miss out much other than console exclusive games.

Pixie06

Reaction score
I prefer console. I don't really like to play games on my computer. I am so used to the PlayStation. My dad gifted me my first PlayStation (PS2) when I passed my exams. Since then I have been playing games on the PlayStation only. I occasionally play games on my PC too but I find it more comfortable to play on the PlayStation.