• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Ps3 Downgrade TuT 3.70 - 3.55

Fuzed

Reaction score
And here it is: The tutorial for downgrading PS3 OFW 3.70 to CFW 3.55. Now I wouldn't attempt this if...

A) You're scared.
B) You suck at soldering.
C) You have absolutely no tech. skills whatsoever. Otherwise, if you know what's up and have a ProgSkeet or Teensy++ 2.0, then solder up and get your downgrade on.

•PHAT or SLIM console with NOR updated to 3.70 (*DO NOT TRY WITH ANOTHER VERSION*)
•Solution to write and read the NOR of the console (flasher ProgSkeet or Teensy++)
•H program (a good-hex-editing-program, that you like and know how to use!)
•FlowRebuilder v.4.1.3.2
•A cold beer (this is important)
•http://pastebin.com/yuvJ5Leh Downgrade.bin

First we dump our NOR with a flasher, the file size must be “16,777,216 bytes” no byte more or a byte less, take several to be absolutely sure of what you doing.
Get the dump “example jakemcallister.bin” and we have to get it into FlowRebuilder to make it readable, the option is called bytereverse dump and extract.
Do it and you will have a file but the extension will be bin.REV open it with the H and take out our personal data of the console EID, BOOTLOADER, CSID and METLDR.
Now we need to put even more data!
We get it with the following way:
In this case we get our METLDR in our prepatched image for downgrade attached in this tutorial inside the folder where FlowRebuilder had placed our.rev also has created another folder called “nameofthedump.EXT” in there are our personal files of our console and we need to get some to place em inside the pre-patched image that I attached.

Open the H and open downgrade.bin and the metldr file that is inside the folder asecure_loader, we pick the tab on the H metldr and copy all the HEX content to get in inside the downgrade.bin.
Press control + g and write “810″ thats the position of the metldr right click on the first line of the position 810.
And choose “paste writing” and in the same way we introduce the other ones

The files to get in are:
- :METLDR: offset “810″ size “E960"
- BOOTLOADER_0 offset “FC0000″ size “40000"
- EID: offset “2F000″ size “10000"
- CISD: offset “3F000″ size “800"

Then we take the downgrade.bin with the saved changes and we get in FlowRebuilder with the option bytereverse dump and extract.
This time the program will give us a error, but is a normal error, in fact is okay and will give us a file called downgrade.bin.REV.
And thats the file you have to use to “flash” the console with now.
If all went well at writing, turn on the console and you will see in the screen push the PS button, BUT DON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE, turn off the console and put it in factory servicemode, once done we need to put the correct file system for 3.55 lv2diag of jaicrab without reader and a special cfw:

lv2diag: http://www.logic-sunrise.com/telecha...r-jaicrab.html

cfw: http://pastebin.com/03MFDLGV

Turn on the console with the usbstick with these two files in the right usb port (in the last) of the console and it will shut down after 10 / 15 minutes, turn on the console without any usb connected to verify that you did it correctly it will take you to xmb.
If all went well turn off the console and put your lv2diag FILE2 from this pack:http://pastebin.com/gGETcxMR
The console will turn on for 20 seconds will turn off itself and CONGRATULATIONS your console will be 100% functional and running 100% the kmeaw CFW 3.55 now!
Thanks to:
* DiGiTaLAnGeL (Tester with progskeet)
* Glevand & mfw builder team (cfw)
* NDT (Assistant) is a very good person
* JaiCraB (lv2diag without reader)
* Robs1 (my guide with the nor flash)
* EussNL (his great support in the wiki that I use every day PS3DEVWIKI.COM)
* Defyboy (for creating ps3devwiki)
* To the whole channel darkps3 from irc-hispano.org for their support and many hours of testing we have hit hard mother****ers!
* DemonHades (because if you had not post on your website with the lie you said about me, I had not met DigitalAngel or uf6667 and these two helped me a lot)