• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Ps4 Or Ps4 Pro?

Blaine019

Reaction score
Hey I'm planning to buy a PS4 but I want to know if the PS4 PRO is worth the few more bucks? I mean, do you really can tell the difference in graphics while playing? What are your thoughts about it?

GeorgHalmos

Reaction score
Well, it depends on your setup. I would advice you to get a PS4 Pro if you have a 4K tv or if you are planning to get one soon. I have one and you can definitely tell the difference in performance and visuals, specially if your tv is also HDR-compatible. If you have a regular 1080p tv, then I would get a PS4 slim instead; there are some improvements, but not enough to justify the price jump. Hope this helps!

Decypher

Reaction score
One thing i learned in my tech/gadget life is that "You should always go for the Pro", you know why the pro version is an improvement of the former version. The Ps4 is good but the Ps4 pro is better in graphics and time play overheating, but like the poster above me said it depends on your setup.
I don't have a Ps4 but my two friends have but the pro and the former, and with a good setup on the former, you actually tell the difference between it and the Pro, but on a normal ground the Pro is better. so it's worth the bucks.
PS:But why not go for a good gaming Pc, it's actually better than both *winks*, my opinion tho.

xagiate

Reaction score
I have a PS4 since the first day of its release. I would love to get a PS4 Pro but i want to see how people will react on Xbox one X. This is my thinking on this matter. Sony since Playstation 1 had the most powerful console with great support from third party developers. In a few months Xbox One X is going to be the first time another company is going to release the most powerful console. I was thinking what Sony would do after the release of the new Xbox console, what will be its reaction? Maybe the announcement of a new console. PS5 for example. I have to see the reaction of Sony and that of gamers before i buy a new PS4 Pro. Until now there are no exclusive games for the PS4 Pro so nothing changes really except of graphics enhance. I have to wait until next year. On the other hand if you do not own a PS4 then you should definitely get a PS4 Pro!

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I had a PS4 Pro and I have a 4k TV and I can tell you that with out a doubt there is a HUGE difference between 1080p and 4k. If you can afford the $100 price difference I would go with the pro. Because even if you only have a 1080p TV the boost mode will make all your games run better.

Zeratul2020

Reaction score
I'll be buying a PS4 whenever the PS5 comes out. And considering the reviews I'll get the PS4 Pro because it would be closer to the specs of PS5 when it comes out. The pro has a big difference in resolution and rendering, it runs on a 2.1 GHz platform and that's about 500 MHz faster than the PS4. It also has a bigger RAM.