• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Ranked?

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
Do you play ranked? Why? Why not?

I personally haven't played much ranked at all this season. I just never really wanted to sit down and play the placements, nor did I care about playing enough to get a good rank. I just like sitting back and relaxing with normals, sometimes by myself and sometimes with friends

AmenoKaji

Reaction score
I have played several seasons of ranked in League of Legends. Honestly, it's an acquired taste. It's supposed to be more competitive but it is really a large random number generator when it comes to teams. More often than not you get the team that is just playing to play, and they aren't really trying their hardest to win the game and in some cases they have tried too hard for too long and now they're just a ball of rage.

I honestly hate normals, more so since they introduced the mastery systems. What used to be a nice break, and a little bit of fun had become more work than playing a Ranked game. I would rather play ranked than play a normal. Even ARAMs have lost their fun to me. :/

Outside of that I do like having a way to "show" my skill within the game, even if its a pain to achieve it.

burtpovski

Reaction score
I enjoy playing ranked. I feel that in ranked, there's a lot less trolls compared to normals. I mean, there are trolls in ranked, but normals seems to have a lot more because there's no reward or anything for winning or losing. Plus, playing in ranked shows how good you really are.

tinrmz15

Reaction score
I play ranked games because you play with the same players like you who are eager to rank up. In here, you play with skillful players, less troll/flamers, and definitely a difficult game. It usually last for 50-60 minutes when I play but it can be longer or lesser depending on the circumstances. Its more challenging and exciting to play ranked games when you are with your friends or even with random players because you really have to work on your collaboration so that you will all increase your LP

Deathisue

Reaction score
I used to think like you, played normal always and only did it to entertain me but never improved as it was due and there was when I entered the ranks, it was hard at first but that helped me to perfect my skills in the game and since I saw that rankeds can exploit my potential, i only play rankeds.

luispas

Reaction score
I love playing rankeds, for me, they have much more live and entertain than a normal match, and I know it's only my point of view. The thing is that whenever I play a normal game, it doesn't matter for me if I'm so feed and I carry the game on my own, for be that won't last because one day it will be lost on my history match. I like playing rankeds because they contribute to my score, and I also can feel that I'm really becoming a better player.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I do play ranked but not every single game. It really depends if I am in a ''try hard'' mode or not. If I simply want to relax and mess around then there's honestly no point in queuing for ranked games because then I just lose ELO and get frustrated, instead, I play ARAMs with friends or do a normal game. I think I roughly do 80% ranked and 20% other game modes.

Ranked games are the best way if you want to improve your skills and improve as an overall player. It's where people play seriously and they actually try to beat you. That's why if you want to grow and become better, ranking is crucial. The more the better!