• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

So tired of cheaters

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Yes i feel exactly the same way. If people have the need to feel superior either online or offline there is something wrong from the get go. I have been there myself, could not make a decent life in the real world had fun making others miserable. Good thing we learn and evolve ;)
What really surprised me was that people actually took drugs to win a video game. You know who usually get busted for taking drugs for performance? UFC fighters. Boxers. Basketball players even. Wrestlers. Those physically demanding activities that cost millions in contracts and merchandise sales. These gamers take them just to win a ranked match. That's low.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Depending on who's point you look at it from, I unfortunately contribute to the cs cheating scene, only for 5 people which is probably only around 0.01% of total cheaters. VAC is such a basic PoS that a toddler could bypass it.

There's a large AU cheat developer who has a piece of software that completely disables the VAC system. I'd be able to cheat with a $20k inventory and only be prone to overwatch.

They won't upgrade VAC, other than skins, it's a part of their income. What does a cheater do wen he gets banned? More often than not he'll buy a new copy of cs. Whether this is from steam directly or g2a, valve got the money from it.
I think my worst experience with people like that was when I was playing Dota 2, one player hogged the courier and didn't want anybody to use it. It was a ranked match. I checked out his profile and apparently the account was bought for the purpose of leveling it up. He ruined people's games and he doesn't care because the account isn't even his. Pathetic.

WarVet

Reaction score
What really surprised me was that people actually took drugs to win a video game. You know who usually get busted for taking drugs for performance? UFC fighters. Boxers. Basketball players even. Wrestlers. Those physically demanding activities that cost millions in contracts and merchandise sales. These gamers take them just to win a ranked match. That's low.

Point taken. No need to make a virtual game overlap reality. That's the problem with today's youth They live in a different world. Whenever they're faced with real life they flee to their virtual games. Instead of using gaming as a stress relief they use it as their very own haven, a shelter from reality.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Point taken. No need to make a virtual game overlap reality. That's the problem with today's youth They live in a different world. Whenever they're faced with real life they flee to their virtual games. Instead of using gaming as a stress relief they use it as their very own haven, a shelter from reality.
Their very own shelter where they are superior, I agree. It's sad but people will go to great lengths just to justify the time they have spent on something, and if you spent 2000 hours on a video game and you still lose, you'll look bad. It's also about taking the easy way out. Instead of gamers actually practicing to hone their craft, instinct, and reflexes, it's easier to take medication that will make your brain more alert, leading you to have better reflexes and mental cognition while playing.

Fuzyon

Reaction score
I got used to them back in the good old days of CS 1.6 and CS:S, even VAC can't do anything about them. It's a good thing I don't get them that often in my games otherwise I would've probably stopped playing a long time ago.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I got used to them back in the good old days of CS 1.6 and CS:S, even VAC can't do anything about them. It's a good thing I don't get them that often in my games otherwise I would've probably stopped playing a long time ago.
Valve's too busy trying to monetize custom gloves to try and fix their incredibly flawed anti-cheating system. But hey, people will cheat, people will do anything to get a win or an advantage, so you may as well either live with it or find a single player game where you can enjoy the story and the game without having to deal with cheaters and manipulators.

Fuzyon

Reaction score
Valve's too busy trying to monetize custom gloves to try and fix their incredibly flawed anti-cheating system. But hey, people will cheat, people will do anything to get a win or an advantage, so you may as well either live with it or find a single player game where you can enjoy the story and the game without having to deal with cheaters and manipulators.
Yeah, that's why I'd rather play a single player game nowadays. It's so much more relaxing to finish missions and follow a story instead of dealing with toxic people online that take advantage of scripts.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Yeah, that's why I'd rather play a single player game nowadays. It's so much more relaxing to finish missions and follow a story instead of dealing with toxic people online that take advantage of scripts.
And you'll enjoy the game itself and not have your experience ruined by toxic players and toxic communities in general. It's a lot better that way, and hey, you can take all the time you want playing, take all the breaks you want, and you don't get to do the same matches day in and day out all for ranks and MMR.

WarVet

Reaction score

I follow the same line of thought. Long gone are the days of my youth were online gaming and playing with your friends was all the hype. Nowadays I just play to relax and in online games, there is always this pressure of not letting your teammates down. Single player can let you relax take your time and enjoy content at your own pace.

overcast

Reaction score
I think cheats are designed by developers. And they do it for a reason. It is for testing the game lot quicker with the settings. But it is not meant to be leaked. But it does get leaked either way. I guess we just have to deal with such cheating. And not much can be done. Games are meant to be unfair in many levels.

alastor1

Reaction score
This is something that I hate the most from players. It seems that nowadays none puts really effort on have a fairly play style. I think they all should me banned because of that, and it's sad because it's like everyone can do anything without know the consequences. I leave Counter so many time ago, just for that reason.

Fuzyon

Reaction score
I follow the same line of thought. Long gone are the days of my youth were online gaming and playing with your friends was all the hype. Nowadays I just play to relax and in online games, there is always this pressure of not letting your teammates down. Single player can let you relax take your time and enjoy content at your own pace.
I definitely miss those days of playing Warcraft and Runescape with my friends at 2 AM in the morning, sadly now I don't have the time nor the patience to learn a game good enough to enjoy it. Single player games have a lower learning curve and you can just enjoy the story.

WarVet

Reaction score
I definitely miss those days of playing Warcraft and Runescape with my friends at 2 AM in the morning, sadly now I don't have the time nor the patience to learn a game good enough to enjoy it. Single player games have a lower learning curve and you can just enjoy the story.

Same thing happened to me, man! Time goes by and other priorities take place. University, Job, Girlfriend. Next thing you know is that you cannot play even half as much as you used to. Single player games are easier and don't require that much time to enjoy it fully. I guess we are officially old. Or adults at least haha.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, man! Time goes by and other priorities take place. University, Job, Girlfriend. Next thing you know is that you cannot play even half as much as you used to. Single player games are easier and don't require that much time to enjoy it fully. I guess we are officially old. Or adults at least haha.
That's why single player games still has an advantage over online ones. You can pause whenever you want, for one. You can save and exit, then return to where you left when you have the chance. It's all on your own pace, and best of all, no toxic community to ruin your gaming experience. I'd rather not waste an hour of my day playing an online game where a rager or even a quitter would ruin the whole game just because he's not getting his way.

WarVet

Reaction score
That's why single player games still has an advantage over online ones. You can pause whenever you want, for one. You can save and exit, then return to where you left when you have the chance. It's all on your own pace, and best of all, no toxic community to ruin your gaming experience. I'd rather not waste an hour of my day playing an online game where a rager or even a quitter would ruin the whole game just because he's not getting his way.

Yeah, sure thing. From a player's perspective, i prefer a single player game also.But from a marketing perspective, an online game could give you revenue for longer. Even with DLCs and stuff, every single player game dies at one point. Now a good MMO can keep players spending money for items and such for a very long time.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Yeah, sure thing. From a player's perspective, i prefer a single player game also.But from a marketing perspective, an online game could give you revenue for longer. Even with DLCs and stuff, every single player game dies at one point. Now a good MMO can keep players spending money for items and such for a very long time.
Skyrim is still alive and well and it doesn't have an online aspect. A highly moddable game can break time barriers when it comes to the lifespan of the game. In fact, the modding community in Skyrim is so huge and active that Bethesda has tried to monetize the mods so they can get a large percentage of it. They tried it twice already. Skyrim's a highly moddable game because a single mod like changing the look of the weapons would instantly gain the player another 20+ hours on a new playthrough.

lordrenly

Reaction score

Yeah, how messed up that thing is. I don't even know though whether there is an official rules against taking adderalls or whatever it is they are taking in major competitions, though. I was skeptical at first whether gamers really get advantages from drugs but after seeing the results, I just realized how messed up the boost that they can get by taking drugs (similar to athletes like you mentioned). I agree with the desire of being on top of something being what motivates them though.

anaatef9

Reaction score
Yeah, how messed up that thing is. I don't even know though whether there is an official rules against taking adderalls or whatever it is they are taking in major competitions, though. I was skeptical at first whether gamers really get advantages from drugs but after seeing the results, I just realized how messed up the boost that they can get by taking drugs (similar to athletes like you mentioned). I agree with the desire of being on top of something being what motivates them though.
A player can definitely receive a lifetime ban if he gets caught doing Adderall. The keyword here being getting caught. I am almost certain these players do not go through regular drug testing. I am not even sure if their equipment is checked for software that can assist you ingame. With VAC being useless and the Anti-cheat clients have their faults. You really wonder how a many of the top players cheat in high-level competition.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Whatever it takes to win a video game. I'm a gamer through and through, and I don't even think it's close to physical intensive sport. You literally just sit on your ass all day playing a game to get better. Your cardio doesn't go up, you don't get thinner, you don't gain muscles. It's just a game. How people would go out of their way to cheat on a video game is just ridiculous.

Also, nice profile pic and name :D

anaatef9

Reaction score
Whatever it takes to win a video game. I'm a gamer through and through, and I don't even think it's close to physical intensive sport. You literally just sit on your ass all day playing a game to get better. Your cardio doesn't go up, you don't get thinner, you don't gain muscles. It's just a game. How people would go out of their way to cheat on a video game is just ridiculous.

Also, nice profile pic and name :D
Cardio and losing fats aren't the only things that define a sport. Most sports are Cardio intensive, like running. Some sports like horse racing or shooting aren't Cardio intensive. But what makes playing video games a sport is the psychological aspect of competition. Just like chess, playing counter strike requires huge amounts of strategic thinking. Just like football, playing counter strike requires alot of team play. Just like shooting, it requires precision. Finally just like fencing it requires quick response time.
On the topic of cheating, any competition that involves money you will find people try to cheat to win.