• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

"Speed Running" In Guild Wars 2 (Going to high content early)

Hidden308

Reaction score
From : http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/running-high-level-areas-guild-wars-2/

Over at
GWONline.net,
there is an article of someone who tried to speed through the game to gain early access to higher level content. He started with a level 7 character and ventured into a level 20-25 area. The article comments on the run and how it is different to other MMO’s. During this discussion waypoints and repair are touched upon.
Way points have a nice system where you pay more money the farther the way point is. Seeing that I had no more money [for repair] I was stuck. Seeing that everything could kill me in one shot, I was stuck. Seeing that this was beta and there probably was not one player to stumble upon me before the event ended, I was stuck.
It seems that
ArenaNet
managed to set a system in place which doesn’t necessarily discourage speed running but simply makes it a less enjoyable experience than playing the game at its normal speed. This way players aren’t even motivated to skip content which allows ArenaNet to easily structure their game and tell their story properly.

Quite interested. I'm glad ArenaNet did this. This makes it so I won't be tempted whatsoever to skip any content, which is great!