• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Steam Summer Sale: 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Hey guys! The steam summer sale for 2017 has finally launched!
From now (June 22nd) until July 5th,2017 you can have some massive savings on steam games!

Be sure to get some games now before the sale is over!

With that said, reply below with some of the games you purchased this year during the sale!

Gladdy

Reaction score
I haven't purchased anything just yet but I am eagerly waiting for a few, like GTA V, Astroneer and Oxygen Not Included. Those are the top three that I am waiting for but we all know how Steam sales work - they put some awesome games on sale and we have no money left in our pockets.

I haven't had time to go through all of the current ones that they've discounted yet since it keeps crashing and loading slowly on my end. I can only imagine how many people are trying to access it. It crashes every time a sale starts :p

I always say that I won't buy anything new till I finish all of the games that I've bought at the last sale but can you guess what actually happens?

CBL28

Reaction score
So far I don't really see a deal I like. Hopefully in the upcoming days (we still have about 12-13!) more and better deals will be released. If I learned anything from past sales, it's that initial sales just build up hype and drain wallets. About midway into the sale there will be some good deals. Though if I want to buy anything, I'll need to sell some stuff on the market, which will take me 7 days if I can change my authenticator. If I don't end up buying anything, I'll just collect cards and see if I can craft at least one badge.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I think everyone should jump on Firewatch. Very fun game that's a steal at $9!
Yeah, I also recommend Firewatch to everybody. $9 is really, really cheap because it's an amazing game. I would definitely buy it but I already did when it was initially released. I've played through the entire game in two sittings because I couldn't make myself stop!

It is an incredible environment mixed with a great overall story and appealing characters.

The only thing that I had mixed feelings about was the actual ending (I won't spoil it) and the fact that you couldn't truly influence it no matter what dialogue option you've picked. I feel like they could have made the ending ten times better.

Anyway, I've checked the store today and nothing sparked my interest just yet but they often save the best for last!

SashaS

Reaction score
Firewatch is my only purchase so far. I don't want to spend too much because it usually puts me into that downward spiral that just has me spend more and more on games I'll never play. (Yes, I'm a sad person lol)

I hope Transistor eventually gets discounted because that game looks beautiful and I'm yet to buy it because $20 seems to be a bit much for a single player game with not too much replay value (at least by the looks of it)

But yeah, back to Firewatch. Its great so far. The world, the visuals, definitely a unique and relaxing experience. I'm going to delve a little further into it in a few days time when I got a few more spare hours to pour in, but so far it has definitely been a great game.

I wonder if I should buy some games as gifts and then try to sell them for their normal price later...

Bayoneutra

Reaction score
Eh, haven't purchased anything so far, I've been browsing but I haven't seen anything that caught my eye, so I'm sticking to my original plan of just getting the Crypt of the Necrodancer's DLC and maybe Firewatch because I've only heard wonders about it.

timstargraal

Reaction score
Yay! When your poor and the Steam Summer Sale is on and you only can cram $13 into your balance. It is pretty sad that I’m poor buy thank god the Steam Summer Sale is a real sale with games going off at 90% off unlike those shops where the sale is only 20% off. Well, still can buy those $2 games even though I want PUBG. Don’t worry, I can save up at the very least.

Koyomi Araragi

Reaction score
So far I've gotten BattleBlock Theater and One Night Stand, two cheapo games I had a little spare for in my PayPal account. I used to own Portal but I can't find the disc and would like to play it again so I might just grab the $3 bundle with it and Portal 2, because why not?

troslim

Reaction score
Personally waiting for Oxgyen Not Included to get some more content as it still is in early access. As time passes there hopefully will be a sale so I can pick up the game for a little less.

Empire

Reaction score
Allot of us wait till the big sale then we buy all games at once. And every year the server gets slow or crashes since it can not take the heat of traffic. As an gamer myself I have got some deals and I got my small list.

1. Construction-Simulator 2015
  2. Train Simulator 2017 (Sale before summer sale LOL)
  3. Age of Empires II: HD Edition
  4. IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946
  5. Left 4 Dead 2
  6. Portal 1 And 2 for £1.90 WOW
That's it. they are all cheap as chips. Well other then TS2017

ZXD22

Reaction score
I've bought a couple of games during the sale. I bought Portal 1, the entire Doom franchise, entire Serious Sam franchise, Team Fortress Classic, and looking forward to buy Beaming.Godrive and CSGO maybe.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Just an update: 3 hours ++ steam summer sale will be over. So for those of you who have some extra money on your steam wallets, better grab this opportunity before those prices revert back to their original ones. Go go go!

TheArticulate

Reaction score
Yeah, I also recommend Firewatch to everybody. $9 is really, really cheap because it's an amazing game. I would definitely buy it but I already did when it was initially released. I've played through the entire game in two sittings because I couldn't make myself stop!

It is an incredible environment mixed with a great overall story and appealing characters.

The only thing that I had mixed feelings about was the actual ending (I won't spoil it) and the fact that you couldn't truly influence it no matter what dialogue option you've picked. I feel like they could have made the ending ten times better.

Anyway, I've checked the store today and nothing sparked my interest just yet but they often save the best for last!
I ended up grabbing Firewatch during the sale this year, and I share your exact sentiments about the ending of the game. I found that the dialogue and story really sucked me in and I played through the game in a matter of days. But the ending made it seem like they took the easy way out of the story. They really had everything set up for an intriguing mystery style plotline, and I was disappointed it didn't exactly pan out to be as shocking a revelation as I had anticipated.

valy

Reaction score
Hi, Jordan I just saw your post, yes it is true Steams sales are available until today. Unfortunately, I haven't bought any game is this summer sale for 2017, because I will not have time to play games anymore since I just changed my job location and this will be for more than six months.
Who knows maybe I will buy after Christmas until then I have enough games in my Steam library to play for a long time!

Linen

Reaction score
There were a few games I was interested in this sale, but ultimately, I only picked up Tabletop Simulator since a bunch of my friends had also wanted to do so at the same time. I'm not exactly flush with cash right now, and I'm sure I can find different uses for Tabletop Simulator in multiple ways given the nature of the game itself.

Tills

Reaction score
I think everyone should jump on Firewatch. Very fun game that's a steal at $9!
I agree, although I will some of the scenes in it big you up for something which never happens which I found disappointing.

Empire

Reaction score
I only picked up Tabletop Simulator since a bunch of my friends had also wanted to do so at the same time.
You only got one game then? well if you got more then it would of saved you waiting to the next big sale you know

Status
Not open for further replies.