• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Steam Summer Sale: 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
I wish I had bought something, but I had a bit of problems so this time I end the summer sales with exactly 0 purchases. There are a lot of interesting games in my wishlist, and some of them got a nice price cut, but I couldn't afford them... and I wouldn't really have the time to play them, actually.
I'll wait the Halloween and Winter sale, and this time my wallet will be ready!

kgord

Reaction score
I don't have any knowlege of Steam but the Firewatch game at 9.00 sounds like a real bargain. It seems like one that most people would be interested in. I think that people might want to sign up for and order this game.

Eggy216

Reaction score
I ended up picking up Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes during the summer sale this year, which is admittedly a lot less than I'd normally pick up during other sales, but I think staring at the backlog of games I haven't played from the last few sales served as a welcome reminder that I shouldn't keep purchasing games if I'm not absolutely sure I have a reason to play them - KTANE seemed like a good one since I can play it with my girlfriend.

Strelitzia

Reaction score
I don't have a huge wishlist but the issue is that I've seen these games go on sale for a lot lower than what was asked in this sale so I'm gonna sit back and wait. I'm in no hurry to get more games for my poor library that's rarely touched these days haha. Barely can get 30 minutes of time to myself at a given time. *sigh* If they're gonna sit and gather dust, might as well as pay as low as I can since I hate wasting money.

Eggy216

Reaction score
I don't have a huge wishlist but the issue is that I've seen these games go on sale for a lot lower than what was asked in this sale so I'm gonna sit back and wait. I'm in no hurry to get more games for my poor library that's rarely touched these days haha. Barely can get 30 minutes of time to myself at a given time. *sigh* If they're gonna sit and gather dust, might as well as pay as low as I can since I hate wasting money.
That's a good point. . .my issue is that I'm too lazy to check consistently and pay attention to when the sales come up on the games I'm interested in, so I just end up jumping on the bandwagon and picking up the games I want when I see them in the Steam Sale. You're right though I probably could find them cheaper if I wasn't being so lazy.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I am tapping out although I do love a good Steam summer sale. I have to enforce self control lol. :smile: I already have more games then I would ever need and 99% of the time when I do buy a new game it almost never gets played. I would just be throwing good money away.

P.S. I have been doing a lot of Minecraft and I also have my own website and I am constantly updating it. So that leaves very little time for me to play new games.

CBL28

Reaction score
I wish I had bought something, but I had a bit of problems so this time I end the summer sales with exactly 0 purchases. There are a lot of interesting games in my wishlist, and some of them got a nice price cut, but I couldn't afford them... and I wouldn't really have the time to play them, actually.
I'll wait the Halloween and Winter sale, and this time my wallet will be ready!
I know that feeling, my Mobile Authenticator messed up and I couldn't sell any items on the Steam market. Since that was the only way I could get Steam wallet, I was unable to buy anything.
On another note, I wouldn't recommend the Spring or Fall Steam Sales. The best sales are the Summer and Winter Sales, so you should check out your games during the Winter Sale.

Frank

Reaction score
I don't have any knowlege of Steam but the Firewatch game at 9.00 sounds like a real bargain. It seems like one that most people would be interested in. I think that people might want to sign up for and order this game.

Firewatch is a great game. Truly unique in art style, game play, and the story. However, it is a very short game. It'll take 5-6 hours tops to beat it and that's if you get stuck like I did.

fireball916

Reaction score
I picked up Stardew Valley, Insurgency, and Saints Row 3+4 during this years summer sale. Got them all for under $15 I believe, so not too much damage during this sale.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
I know that feeling, my Mobile Authenticator messed up and I couldn't sell any items on the Steam market. Since that was the only way I could get Steam wallet, I was unable to buy anything.
On another note, I wouldn't recommend the Spring or Fall Steam Sales. The best sales are the Summer and Winter Sales, so you should check out your games during the Winter Sale.

Oh yes I know, I've been on Steam for so many years so I know that the Winter and Summer sales are the best... but the Fall Steam Sales are also pretty good! There are a few games and most of them are horror or Hallowed related, but since there are a few games like that in my wishlist I hope to not be disappointed.

Strelitzia

Reaction score
That's a good point. . .my issue is that I'm too lazy to check consistently and pay attention to when the sales come up on the games I'm interested in, so I just end up jumping on the bandwagon and picking up the games I want when I see them in the Steam Sale. You're right though I probably could find them cheaper if I wasn't being so lazy.

Nothing wrong with not wanting to spend time searching. I get that most people would rather not have to wait or do homework for past low prices, ect. For me it's just a personal thing of finances and whatnot. I only have so much on hand to blow through and cost vs use plays a huge part in final purchases. I'm saving for larger, more permanent things (like a house and a vehicle once I settle down) so I want the best bang for my buck until my finances free up. Not eating out saves me $200 a month off the bat and not spending that extra $5-10 per game adds up to another $100+ depending. That's extra money going towards savings.

Status
Not open for further replies.