• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Titanfall's producer says Xbox One's hardware is 'not done yet

Scion

Reaction score
c91b5157a3aa363d37d07d85bb6895e4.jpg

The Xbox One will be releasing this coming November and you think with that only being months away, the system would be finished, but according to comments from Titanfall producer Drew McCoy, the hardware is not done yet.

In an interview with Eurogamer, McCoy talked about the experience the Titanfall development team has had with the Xbox One thus far, and mentioned the fact that the hardware is not yet complete.

" It's great. We have dev kits, tons of them. We have as many people seeing it as possible as often as possible. There are currently no visual rendering effects that aren't on Xbox One versus PC or vice-versa.

"Performance is always something we're going to be working on right up until we ship.

"I mean, the hardware's not done yet, the software's not done - our software's not done. There's tons of optimization to do," McCoy said.

Hopefully the Xbox One is close to being finished right now, otherwise it is somewhat worrisome to hear the system is still not yet finished.

This is a problem not just for Titanfall developers, but for all developers who will be bringing a game to the Xbox One this holiday season. It creates more repetition in the coding developers have to do when it changes, and that's one of the biggest challenges facing developers of the Xbox One.

Source

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
I hope they don't end up having to rush in order to finish the hardware on time, because usually when you rush something not much quality is put into it.

Zahreah

Reaction score
Aslong as it plays games at 60fps 1080p or atleast 720p upscaled to 1080p. I'm fine.
Il leave the power to the pc.

Neriou

Reaction score
Well the console is still usable as far as we know. We've seen it use all its features, so what can they be missing? ( I get fine tuning and stuff like that, but what can be unfinished with the Xbox One right now that leaves a mark at the producers? )