• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What are your favorite online arena games?

zackd

Reaction score
I'm trying to expand my game collection and try new games out so what do you guys like to play?

clinkguts

Reaction score
Counter Strike: Global Offensive. This is one one of the best fps to play online or offline.You should definitely give it a try.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Counter Strike: Global Offensive. This is one one of the best fps to play online or offline.You should definitely give it a try.
He means MOBA's - I don't think Counter Strike fits into that genre :D

Anyway, my favorite is surely League of Legends. I have been playing since the end of season 1. I went from playing tons of hours to more casual over the years though. A great game nonetheless that offers you countless hours of fun if you can ignore the random toxic players! If you haven't tried it, I'd suggest you do.

Besides League, good MOBA's are: Dota2, Smite, Paragon, HoN, Heroes of the Storm, VainGlory (for mobiles and tablets).

fishmonk

Reaction score
My favorite MOBA is Dota 2. However, the learning curve may be a bit steep yet the gameplay is awesome. I have spent thousands of hours on this game. You may also try out League of Legends or Heroes of the Storm. These are the top MOBAs for me but I prefer Dota since I had played Dota as a Warcraft 3 mod last time.

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
My favorite is League of Legends. I was skeptical first when I tried it, 2 years ago. I had this belief that this game was just for kids...guess what, i love the game and I'm an adult :p Why you ask? The constant updates that refine the game, the stories behind the characters, the interaction with other players, the mechanics of the game and of course, the new champions that look absolutely amazing, at every one's release.

castills

Reaction score
Paladins and SMITE are two free to play arena games. Smite was made first and is based on mythology, while Paladins is about 2 years old while little lore chunks. Smite has a waaay wider range of characters and abilities, and is a 3rd person game. Paladins has a smaller yet growing roster and is 1st person.

Thrall

Reaction score
For casual play either Awesomenauts or Heroes of the Storm are pretty simple to get into.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
I always play Defense of the Ancients 2 for a MOBA. I would suggest it you but know that the game itself has a high learning curve I remember, but once you start picking it up, it gets interesting because you will be able to apply your knowledge into little strategic changes that would change your games.
Also I saw a new game on Steam that is a MOBA game but is more on shooting and is controlled in a third-person perspective. The name of the game is Gigantic. I've also included the link to the Steam store page of the game but it's a free to play game. I think it's worth testing it out because so far there has been positive reviews for the game and I'm picking it up soon!

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
I like DOTA2 but now I play Mobile legends every now and then.

Muaaz

Reaction score
The newest multiplayer games that making name for itself is NBA playgrounds. Its launch wasn't quite attractive as it had 2 vs 2 matches on for multiplayer but in fact, only one of the players could be controlled but now the update has made a huge improvement in it as now you can have a match against a friend as well.But still, 2 vs 2 has to be added as of yet.

manmad

Reaction score
MOBA's have been changing drastically in the past years, due to the huge interest, but my favorite one remains LoL a lot people would complain calling it a "kiddy game, or one that requires no skill, but that's obviously false. It is dynamic and rewarding, due to the IP system, cause it feels great to buy new heroes with your own effort, though it can be a hassle from time to time. HOTS is also up there for me, because it's really dynamic and the games aren't as long as other MOBA's like Dota 2 for example, that's big plus for me.

lindbergh

Reaction score
I love Mobile Legends. This game is similar to DotA 2 and League of Legends but it is exclusively for smartphones and tablets! I love it because I can play the game no matter where I am because I always have my smartphone with me.

Some people say that it's only a copy of League of Legends. Those people don't know what they're talking about since League of Legends is only a copy of DotA 2.

I play mobile legends with my friends at work during lunch break. We have a short tournament for about 20 minutes. We always have a blast.

Referal

Reaction score
Dota 2 for mostly I like all MOBA games but Dota takes the cake for me I love the everything about the game I play a lot most the time and I love Paladins too