• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What do you prefer GTA V on? Console or PC?

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
I would love to enjoy this game on PC rather than console. I feel bound on a console like I have limited options to do the things. I feel it entertaining while playing it on PC. My PC has good specification and speed so I never had the freezing or hanging problem.

Koyomi Araragi

Reaction score
I basically prefer PC because of the mods. I've played a little bit on the PS3, but it's not the same. Reminds me of why having a good PC setup is so important.

nickdamon

Reaction score
I have to go with PC. The funny part is, I haven't even had many hours in it on PC yet since I just got my new rig, but I already love it so much more than just jumping into random servers on console and racing to get anywhere without being blown up. I've been messing around with the FiveM mod and doing some GTA RP. Its been a lot of fun just goofing off and meeting new people. There's no way I could do what I do on GTA PC on a console unless it was a server with some friends so I guess that's why I'd have to say PC.

jelleh

Reaction score
I prefer console for GTA. That's because PC has way too many hackers/cheaters. On next-gen consoles, there are almost none. I also prefer a controller for GTA, but for most games, I prefer keyboard and mouse (GTA is an exception)

Sino989

Reaction score
Well I mean I only GTA on console so I can't say which I prefer because I've never played on the PC but I know that the graphics are way better on PC so I guess that would be cool to experience.

Deen

Reaction score
PC all the way. I have been playing games on pc for long so I am used to it.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
I had it on the 360 when it came out. Then I got it for the xbox one when it came out for that. The PC release was to far away for me not to want to play it. Now that it is out for the PC, paying yet another $70 for it would seem pretty insane. Paying $70 three times for the same game? Nah. I think I would much prefer it on the computer though as the online is probably much funner with custom mods.
Long overdue update, I got it for the PC the other month when it was on sale :) Now I kick @Hintahai ass all the time ;)

StolenKid

Reaction score
I say it's better on PC, I think the first person mode is really awesome, also the opportunity to mod the game is fantastic, I think it's better.

Ash

Reaction score
It's a lot better on PC as you have the ability to MOD the game and enhance the graphics for example. You can also add new cars and stuff to the game which makes it a lot more interesting. I saw one modification that let you become a police man with real criminals running around and you had to catch up. (Not sure if this is possible anymore since Rockstar has taken down a lot of the MODs now). But I think playing on console is a lot better if you want to play online. I think the online mode for PC is just like hell because of all the modders and hackers which you don't encounter on console anymore.

wherearemydragons

Reaction score
I've only ever played GTA on console. I mean, I have GTA IV on PC, but my craptop is well... a craptop lol. Integrated graphics are literally the worst. :C I've seen some cool mods for PC though and if I ever can afford a new PC and GTA is on sale, I'd buy it. :D I have tons and tons of hours on GTA IV on console, never once played online though.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I bought GTA V when it came out but I got it for my Xbox 360 (I even preordered it!). I didn't really have any next gen consoles at that time and my computer was the old one so it definitely wouldn't run on it - plus GTA V for PCs was released with a delay. I love GTA V and I've played through the main story and did all the side activities, spent tons of time messing around online and I still enjoy it. I would for sure love to try to play it on my computer now that I got a bit newer one but I am still afraid how well it would run. I imagine that the game itself is quite demanding? especially if you use a lot of mods, I guess that adds up? I'd hate to spend money buying it then not being able to play it :(

So in short - I only have experience playing it on a console but I would definitely want to give it a try on my computer because I think it might be more enjoyable.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I watched a friend play it. The first/third person controls are better suited for the keyboard and mouse, but the driving felt really clunky if you are not using a controller. So, if you can switch between keyboard and controller while playing, that would be great. But still, there were some bugs when he played; areas failing to load correctly even though his PC is capable of running the game. Other than that, it was pretty fun.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
PC gamer here so most probably I'd prefer pc.. although im not a big fan of GTA..

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
I love to play GTA V on PC as I don't need to be bound to the console. There are a lot of things to do in GTA V if we play it on PC. It is easy to load the cheats on it and graphics are amazing. I can upgrade my PC any time by increasing the ram and harddisk.

overcast

Reaction score
I'd say PC is my preferred choice. My friends do play it on console. But my experience with the console is not that good. So I'd stick with the PC. And considering you can have a lot of mod installed on it. That means it can be surely a good experience to play it on the PC instead of the console for sure.

zeedollar

Reaction score
I actually preferred playing it on my PC, i never actually remember having a go on a console. Back then my PC was always heating up because the game was very addictive.

Joshmoy

Reaction score
I have played GTA V on a friend's play station 3 console and it's quite cool. I'm just hearing about the PC version and I know it would be superb especially if played on gaming PCs. I am not sure my PC would be able to support the game because it has a low ram and all.

Westbay

Reaction score
PC any day any time I know most times it takes ages for them to make PC versions but then its always worth the wait plus it lets me use my keyboard and mouse i feel so cool using my keyboard to drive. I'm totally sure you can use Mods on console GTA but on PC I have just too much Its like am playing another game entirely my favorite character mod is the Flash I do the phasing thing and lightening ball, totally amazing so yes I will always go with PC version.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
I prefer it on PC since it is convenient to navigate with a cursor and the controls can be adjusted to personal preference easily. What I dislike sometimes with the PC version is that it is easily moddable and these mods bypass security and anti cheat systems that it ruins the experienfe for online players most of the time. It would be nice though if there is a way to drive at a slow speed without using an Xbox controller.