• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What Is PUBG Exactly? Playerunknown's Battlegrounds Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS, or PUBG as most of us call it, is a survival type game that is extremely competitive. The game was developed, and still being worked on, by Bluehole and Brendan Greene holding the reigns as the creative director of everything. PUBG is the first standalone game that Brendan Greene has spear headed.

When you start out, you're dropped into an island that measures roughly 8x8km. The area is open and extremely vast, but get smaller as time goes on due to the games interesting feature of reducing it's map size with a "blue wall of death" that pushes players closer to the center of the map as time goes on. If there wasn't a blue wall of death, the games could be extremely long since the map is so large and some players may just camp until they see another player, then attack. By having the map reduce it's own size, hurting or killing players inside the blue death wall, it pushes everyone towards the center for more intense battles. After a certain amount of time there will be more people in closer proximity and that means more deaths. Eventually there will be crowned a winner since it's a last man standing game.

In your first couple games I would recommend getting to know what you need to look for and what to avoid. Figure out how to loot and areas of the map where people will be more active. A good rule of thumb is to avoid the center of the map until you are getting pushed towards is by the blue wall of death. This will increase your chances of winning since a lot of players will rush to the center in hopes of getting gear quickly, but the numbers will dwindle while you explore and try to find decent gear outside of the center. Once you're geared up, start moving in and avoid the blue wall of death, picking off players as you venture inward (if you can).

An awesome feature of PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS is that you can access vehicles when you come upon them. These will help you get to the center quicker if you're one of the players who wants to battle right away or if you're strategic, you can get a vehicle and some gear then move out of the center and wait for a little while until you're pushed by the wall :D

Your character can only carry so much gear, so learning what the best load out will be a high priority on you list prior to just getting in there. If you don't want to do any research, you'll quickly figure out what the best load outs are based on what you're usually getting killed by lol. Certain weapons need specific ammo, remember that, otherwise you'll carry ammo you can't use with your main gun and then you'll be in a pickle when someone stumbles upon you and they have ammo for their specific gun. When you come across a new weapon, think to yourself "Is it better to stick with my handgun that has ammo or take a chance with this AR and hope I find some ammo in the next few minutes?" This all depends on how close to the center you are, of course. The closer you are to the center, the more likely you'll run into other players, and this means taking chances on your ammo is a much higher risk to you.

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS is ran on the Unreal Engine 4 which is a monster of an engine for gaming. It makes sense that it's on Unreal Engine 4 since the size of the map is 8x8km, running it on something other than unreal engine 4 might not be as good for the quality of the game, frame rate, amount of players that can be on the map, etc. Of course the servers have a lot to do with the quality of gameplay, but being on the unreal engine 4 helps streamline your experience a lot more than you would think :)

If you've every played ARMA, or DayZ which was a mod for ARMA, then you'll absolutely love PUBG. There have been many survival games like this, but PUBG is showing to be the best one ever done because of the developers constantly updating and adding new features to the game. A lot of the games like this in the past, such as DayZ, lacked dedication by the developers who didn't address common concerns of the community and inevitably died out even though it's still in "development".

There are different maps/islands in rotation in PUBG, but the main one is named Erangel after the developers daughter. The map is an abandoned Russian island that was controlled by the military. They tested chemical and biological experiments on the islands residents and after an attak on their facility they had to leave, which turned the island into an abandoned wasteland (sort of) in which PUBG players battle to the death for ultimate victory :D

Here are a few features of PUBG
  • Battleye integration
  • Multiple game types: Solo (you're alone), Duo (You have a teammate), Zombies (only on custom servers) and War (not out just yet).
  • Gun attachments that alter how your weapon works.
  • You can revive downed teammates, if you have any.
  • If you die, you can spectate your teammates
  • Large selection of weapons: AR's (assault rifles), SMG's (sub machine guns), Snipers, LMG's (Light Machine Guns), Shotguns, Pistols, Melee weapons for close combat kills, and many more :D
  • You can customize your weapons
  • You can customize your character
  • Military gear, such as: Packs, Helmets, Vests and One Piece Suits
  • Cosmetic Items, such as: Coats/Jackets, Face Masks, Sun Glasses, Pants, Shirts, Shoes, etc.
  • You can jump from the plane whenever you want. Most people will aim for the center of the map.

Features that are in development and coming soon
  • MOCAP animations
  • Modding support (you can make your own maps, game modes, etc.)
  • You'll be able to rent servers and manage them.
  • Killcams for solo game modes (this won't be available for team game modes)
  • League creation
  • Single player mode where you take back the island from a militia, or something similar

Beginning the game and spawning in
After a certain amount of time you will end up in a plane with other players and eventually you will have to jump out. When you're free falling towards earth, you'll want to get down as quick as possible in order to have the slightest advantage over the other players who are going to be looking for all the same sweet gear that you want to kill them with lol. Once you're on the ground, the loot will spawn randomly, just like in ARMA 3 (if you ever played it, you understand). This means that if you were to find a fancy AR in one abandoned building during your first game, it likely won't be there during your next game. There could be a different gun there, some ammo or nothing at all so don't rely on specific buildings to have your favorite guns and/or gear.

So what exactly can a player carry?
The amount stuff you can carry is dependent on your gear. Vests and backpacks can come in different variations, some holding more and others holding less gear (slots). Each player has the ability to carry 2 primary weapons, a pistol, a melee weapon and some grenades. If you have items on your player or weapon, they don't take up any inventory slots (a good thing to remember). You can have 1 grenade on you but any other grenades you pick up will take up some inventory slots. Be mindful of what you have on you, you don't want to carry a bunch of grenades and then run out of ammo for your primary weapons lol.

In Conclusion:
PUBG is an ever expanding and evolving game due to it's dedicated programmers. Brendan Greene is spear heading the game that could overthrow many other PC franchises such as League of Legends and World of Warcraft, even though they're in different genres. PUBG has had a massive following already and it's been out for less than 1 year, which already shows that it's gaining a lot of traction in the gaming world and likely won't stop any time soon :) If you haven't played PUBG, I would suggest you go look up some YouTube videos and give it a look. It's pretty awesome and now I'm going to log on :D

Attachments

• pubg.png
    pubg.png
    396.9 KB · Views: 4,226

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
I've won a match... Does it count if it was a squad match and @Hintahai carried us? :p
I will say however, I made it to #2 without him :p (Pure luck!)

The game is actually extremely fun to play with. It's different from most other games I usually play.

Hintahai

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I've won couple. I only got screenshots of 2 of my wins tho :(
IbP36sZ.jpg
I carried the end @Jordan & @eligra527
niXyj69.jpg

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
I've won a solo match about 2 days ago, however it was on an Asian server and not a NA.

Fordo

Reaction score
Never played this game, but I've learnt about it thanks to this article. Seems rather similar to the H1Z1:King of the Kill or something to that name. I think I'll save my money on other things though.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
Great post this! Probably one of my favourite games of all time, just doesn't get boring for me, until I'm tired lol. I'm always recommending this game to people when they ask what games they should purchase next.

Referal

Reaction score
I never heard about this game but thanks it I know a lot about this game and thinking of buying it from the GameRebels shop soon If not in the near future thanks for posting this information Jordan or whoever this poster its helpful for whoever doesn't know about this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.