• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What is your favorite Legend of Zelda game?

Westerlies

Reaction score
From the original The Legend of Zelda (1986) to the latest in the series Breath of the Wild (2017), there have been eighteen games released under the franchise. Each time you are pitted against the evil Ganon. Most times you are trying to rescue Princess Zelda. Whichever game you pick up, it's a different story from the last but they all have a common goal. Every time you are fighting for the fate of Hyrule in one way or another. So which of the 18 released games is your favorite?

My favorites include Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Breath of the Wild. It's hard to chose just one, and I've only played a fraction of all the Legend of Zelda games. All that I have played have been memorable games that adults and children both love. I would love to see what everyone here thinks of these games and any memories attached to playing them.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
Call me old school but the original The Legend of Zelda (1986) is my favorite Zelda of all times. I was 12 years old in 1986 and I had the game mastered. I must have beat it 30+ times and I even had the gamble guy on lockdown. I won every single time and I could get as much money as I wanted and I could buy everything in the game.

P.S. it brings back such good childhood memories. :)

Westerlies

Reaction score
I was 12 years old in 1986 and I had the game mastered. I must have beat it 30+ times and I even had the gamble guy on lockdown.

Damn, you did master that game! The original is a classic, and nothing truly can beat a classic. I could spend hours playing it and getting lost far more than I care to admit. I don't think I ever mastered it, but if I could go back now and play it, I think I could do it. Have you ever looked into playing it on an emulator just to bring back some good memories?

RedVelvetCupcake2009

Reaction score
Call me old school but the original The Legend of Zelda (1986) is my favorite Zelda of all times. I was 12 years old in 1986 and I had the game mastered. I must have beat it 30+ times and I even had the gamble guy on lockdown. I won every single time and I could get as much money as I wanted and I could buy everything in the game.

P.S. it brings back such good childhood memories. :)
I like the newest one on the Nintendo Switch, Breath of the Wild. The game is very interactive, and I can walk almost anywhere I want. It seems almost like a realistic real world simulation game. There is an endless amount of mysteries to unlock, so I never get bored. I think that's awesome. It's been a great way to kill some time. I like the aura of the world of Hyrule and think Nintendo did a good thing with this reboot of Legend of Zelda. This game makes solving puzzles fun for once.

AndrewG

Reaction score
I can say that three of the games are definitely my favourite, but past that I don't know if I could rank them. Those games being Breath of the Wild, Ocarina of Time, and A Link to The Past. Those three games in my opinion just perfect the series in their own way. Breath of the wild truly feels like an exploration, with so many secrets and cool things to find. Ocarina of Time is such a perfect linear 3D Zelda, and is so polished and well put together. And then A Link to The Past just feels like they took the idea of the original Zelda, and made it bigger and better. Honestly, they all are as good as each other in my mind.

Westerlies

Reaction score
I like the newest one on the Nintendo Switch, Breath of the Wild. The game is very interactive, and I can walk almost anywhere I want. It seems almost like a realistic real world simulation game. There is an endless amount of mysteries to unlock, so I never get bored. I think that's awesome. It's been a great way to kill some time. I like the aura of the world of Hyrule and think Nintendo did a good thing with this reboot of Legend of Zelda. This game makes solving puzzles fun for once.
I love the new game! I feel like I play it so often, yet I see stuff online where people are so far ahead of me and I didn't know half of the secrets this game holds. I do enjoy trying to solve the puzzles at shrines. Breath of the Wild is definitely an amazing addition to the series. My favorite part so far was beating the divine beasts quests. Do you have a favorite part?
[doublepost=1501464344,1501464174][/doublepost]
I can say that three of the games are definitely my favourite, but past that I don't know if I could rank them. Those games being Breath of the Wild, Ocarina of Time, and A Link to The Past. Honestly, they all are as good as each other in my mind.
I agree with you there! All amazing games and how you described A Link to the Past is exactly how I would describe it. It's pretty hard to say one is my favorite as well. Good on Nintendo for making such a great bunch of games.

lindbergh

Reaction score
Zelda Ocarina of time will always be the best on my book. I think Ocarina Of Time provided a perfect transition of the Zelda games from 2d to 3d, just like what Final Fantasy VII did to the FF series.

I've played 2D Zelda games in the past and seeing it fully realized in 3D just blew me away. Seeing Hyrule in all its glory was so awesome. When I played it, I played very slowly because I enjoyed every second of it.

Aside from the graphics which was extremely beautiful for its time, I also loved the combat system. It was fun and challenging. Nintendo really knows how to create great action RPGs.

Dkaraly

Reaction score
I loved The Legend of Zelda: Twilight princess. I was old enough to appreciate it and to actually finish it. Majora's Mask frustrated me to no end because I was little when I played it and I never knew what to do to advance the story. I wasn't a very patient player.

yaorice

Reaction score
I'll admit the reason why my answer may be more strange is because I haven't played some of the most famous Zelda games, so my judgement might be a bit off, but like really loved Minish Cap when I was little. I remember playing it on repeat. Of course Breath of the Wild is still amazing, but I haven't played it start to finish and mostly just played a little bit when I was with my friends.

I tried playing Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time, but I think it's something about the 2D -> 3D graphics change that I didn't like. I think there's a charm to Minish Cap that those two don't have.

Eli Maximilien

Reaction score
Without a doubt, Ocarina of Time is my favorite Zelda game. While there have been many classic Zelda games, very few invoke the same nostalgia when I think of them. The puzzles and maps were innovative and creative.

If that's not enough, Ganondorf is always an imminent threat. And when he does appear, he's a formidable presence. One that grabs your attention and steers it towards darkness.

Rebelssis

Reaction score
There's no doubt that my favorite Zelda games are Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

I remember that I used to play those games in my brother's Nintendo 64 and I didn't like to go through the temples, I just played around with Epona in Hyrule. And I didn't even try with Majora's Mask because I thought that it was too hard for me.

But I play with an emulator now, and those are the games that I play the most. I love them and whenever I get a chance I play.

IwantCookies

Reaction score
I love Majora's Mask. I think it is a little twisted game that challenges the player more than Ocarina of Time (game that I adore as well). I was really late to the Zelda Playing party (I played them a couple of years ago), but the fact that I enjoyed it at my age speaks a lot about the quality of the games.

Funny story, in Majora's I accidentally did the water temple without the water cloak:facepalm:

Denis_P

Reaction score
I actually haven't finished all that many Zelda games, so my choices are fairly limited. I played both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask since a lot of people regard both as some of the best games of all time, but I just didn't enjoy them much. Maybe if I played them as a kid I would've liked them more.

I then played A Link to the Past and I absolutely loved that game. It really felt like a grand adventure and the gameplay mechanics were just perfect. I think it's one of the best games of all time.

That being said, my favorite of the Zelda games has to be Breath of the Wild. The gameplay, the graphics, the soundtrack and ambiance; it's like a modern day Link to the Past, but better. The one complaint I have is that I don't like the weapon durability system, but besides that, it's definitely my favorite.