• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What is your favorite Nintendo 64 game?

GameCube

Reaction score
I like the Mario 64 and Banjokazooie. Of course, Mario is chosen cause, generally, I love any adventure game of that subject and Banjokazooie was just one of those really fun games that reminded me of Mario. Anyway, I cannot really remember many other games for 64 because it was around 20 years ago when I played one.

Koyomi Araragi

Reaction score
I really like Conker's Bad Fur Day. It's so cutesy on the outside, but the raunchy/crude humor is just...wow.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Nintendo 64 had SO many amazing games. I really miss some of them and I wish I still had the console itself. I do have a Nintendo 64 emulator though and I occasionally play some of my favorites. Speaking of favorites my top three are (since it's impossible to only pick one): Zelda: Majora's Mask, Mario 64 and Super Smash Bros.

Each one is so unique in its style, story, and gameplay and each one deserves so much praise and recognition. I really wish they still made such quality games today - the type of games where you can replay it twenty times and still enjoy it. Nintendo at its finest.

Chinatown88

Reaction score
Gosh if I had to limit myself to one game it would probably be Mario Party 3. I loved Aces High and Snowball Summit, probably my favorite minigames of all time. I played countless hours of Mario Party 3 with my brother. Even though I was on the losing end, it was still fun. The N64 library was awesome with all the Mario games, Donkey Kong, Conker, Banjo Kazooie, and Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2. I miss the old days.

Javo1096

Reaction score
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time has to be the right choice, it marked a whole generation beeing the first game of the saga using full 3D environment, had the most memorable boss battles, dozens of secrets, great background music and the songs you could play with the ocarina are just the cherry on top.

reginafalange

Reaction score
Definitely Mario Kart, I remember spending a lot of time playing this game with my neighbour, it was super fun and I never got tired of it. Still one of my favorites nowdays :sweatsmile:

Cendrillon

Reaction score
I didn't own the N64, but my cousin did! It was almost as owning it myself since we spent lots of time playing together, so if I had to choose it has to be Donkey Kong 64.
Back then the N64 was in its best stage and everything was new for us; so it brings such colourful, entertaining memories that I can't help but be a bit biased.

SpitfireMase

Reaction score
I wasn't well acquainted with the Nintendo 64 as a kid. I had a Playstation during that period, but I borrowed one from a friend recently and played through Super Mario 64, Pokemon Snap, and Ocarina.

My favorite of those was Super Mario 64. The game and its mechanics have aged really well. It's pretty ugly at this point, but comparing that Mario's controls with a recent one, you'll notice there aren't many differences. It's more polished and has 360-degree movement, but it's just as snappy and responsive. It was really impressive to play a game that was made around 20 years ago still feel modern because the developers found mechanics that felt nice and just worked out.

Bayoneutra

Reaction score
Ocarina of Time is the right answer. Come on everyone, repeat after me. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

All jokes aside though, OoT changed me and opened my mind to the vast world of videogames, it's still a favorite of mine and the music still plays in my mind automatically at all times. My other favorites are Bomberman Hero, Paper Mario and GoldenEye 007.

Denis_P

Reaction score
This is such a tough question because the Nintendo 64 was absolutely loaded to the brim with so many good games. I have really fond memories of Star Fox 64 and it's probably my favorite on the console. One funny story I have is that the day my parents bought me the game, my dad and I played it well into the evening until I had to go to bed. When I got up in the morning to go to school, he was still playing because he was trying to figure out how to make it through all the story lines! If only he knew how quickly I can do it these days.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
None will ever compare to Golden Eye for me because of the Mountain Dew drenched memories of good times with my brother and cousin that surround it. Some of the best times I had in my younger teenage years was with them pulling all night sessions and yelling at each other for "watching my screen". Trying to beat my cousin, who is an artist at all things shooter, was a lesson in frustration but also provided glorious moments when I would eventually best him for once.

For me, gaming isn't just about the medium itself; it's about the ties that medium provides us with, who we share it with and how it typifies our time together, which really makes it special. In that way, Golden Eye provided more than just about any other title I've ever had.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
Ocarina of Time is the right answer. Come on everyone, repeat after me. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

All jokes aside though, OoT changed me and opened my mind to the vast world of videogames, it's still a favorite of mine and the music still plays in my mind automatically at all times. My other favorites are Bomberman Hero, Paper Mario and GoldenEye 007.
OoT is a timeless masterpiece and one of the most influential games of all time and no one can tell me otherwise. Period.
Still, at the cost of sounding repetitive (how many times have I mentioned this game since I joined this forum? lol), Majora's Mask holds a special place in my heart. I like to think of it as Ocarina of Time's evil twin, even though it's conceived as a what if scenario in the child timeline (it's almost like it brings over the adult timeline's vibe into the child one).
Star Fox 64 and Paper Mario are both worthy of mention.

Lexi

Reaction score
I also choose Ocarina of Time, it's just the right choice. Everything said about it is true, it was a game changer. But I also want to mention Super Mario 64 because it was my first game and I have many good memories of it. I don't recall finding all of the starts, but I still loved it.

huggy212

Reaction score
My favorite nintendo 64 is legend of zelda ocarina of time. This was the very first game i saw with extreme graphics (at that time) and i really love the semi open world game play. Even now I still have this game on my emulator on my laptop. I love the part where you can really go anywhere you want and you still can enjoy the game. I also really love the part where he always return his sword to the temple of time to grow and become younger again. Now it is easier to play it because of guides, you will not miss any skultulas and hearts :smile:.

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
I like to play Street Fighter on Nintendo 64. It is the best game ever to play on every console. The graphics work is amazing in Nintendo64. I enjoyed playing it so much. Ryu is my favorite character in it.

valy

Reaction score
My favorite was Mugen, but I haven't played it for a while but it kind of sums up my fighting game history for the last 10 years, along with Dreamcast, a slow PC and Xbox 360 is my second bought console.

Eggy216

Reaction score
The Pokemon Stadium 2 game is definitely my favorite N64 game. It was such a great approach to the Pokemon Stadium series, and the appearance of the cartridge (split in half between gold and silver) really made that game stand out to me not only at the time, but even now as I'm sitting here today.

rockandgreen

Reaction score
The Legend of Zelda was amazing due to the storyline and graphics that were introduced back then bringing a new fresh kick of an experience into the gaming industry.

goldlady

Reaction score
Oh my god! So many good memories. One of my happiest afternoons as a kid was playing with my friends of the block with the Nintendo 64. Obviously, the king, MARIO! it was our favorite and still being one of those games I can play non stop. We also loved The Legend of Zelda. Great game too!

SuperBugMan

Reaction score
Super Mario 64 is without a doubt my first pick. Its really revolutionized the 3d platforming genre. I have so many fond memories of exploring the wet dry level, or the big small level, or... All of them were just amazing.

I really wanted to get into LoZ:OoT but it never happened. I even forced myself to play half of the game expecting to get sucked in. Never happened. I honestly thought it was pretty boring.