• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What to do when you lose a ranked?

Do you play Rankeds?

• Yes

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

luispas

Reaction score
This is about League of Legends, and how to deal with the sadness or anger when you lose a ranked game.
Normally I tent to hear the music I like, go outside a little, take a walk.
Another thing that I love to do is making drawings, with pencils, so I spend a lot of time doing it, it distract my mind.
I also try to avoid a little the game in general, I try not to read or view anything about League until I feel alright again.
What do you do when this happen?​

Gladdy

Reaction score
I do play ranked games but not as often as I used to. I used to spam them every day ever since the first season came out - so that's quite a while. I often felt frustrated like you when I've lost. I can't say I've been sad about it though. It was more frustration and anger.

I think after losing 2 ranked in a row that you should definitely take a break. The best would be to go away from your computer and do some other things for a while till you feel like you are less annoyed. Fresh air and stretching are my suggestions. Otherwise, I've noticed that I am far more relaxed when playing ranked if I just listen to calming music in the background.

Frustration only leads to making more mistakes which leads to losing even more.

luispas

Reaction score
I do play ranked games but not as often as I used to. I used to spam them every day ever since the first season came out - so that's quite a while. I often felt frustrated like you when I've lost. I can't say I've been sad about it though. It was more frustration and anger.

I think after losing 2 ranked in a row that you should definitely take a break. The best would be to go away from your computer and do some other things for a while till you feel like you are less annoyed. Fresh air and stretching are my suggestions. Otherwise, I've noticed that I am far more relaxed when playing ranked if I just listen to calming music in the background.

Frustration only leads to making more mistakes which leads to losing even more.
You're absolutely right. And wow, you have years playing the game, that's awesome, I'm sure you must be very pro.
I did felt sad :( I don't know, that's why I leave it and start drawing something, forgetting that lose. I love playing with music too, and I agree, we have to focus on how to game and not on how bad we are.

Javo1096

Reaction score
When you can control the rage quit playing another position is always a good choice, I play jungle in almost every game because I think in rankeds is the most impactful position to play. You know what they say: "If you need something well done you better do it yourself"

luispas

Reaction score
When you can control the rage quit playing another position is always a good choice, I play jungle in almost every game because I think in rankeds is the most impactful position to play. You know what they say: "If you need something well done you better do it yourself"
That's right, that's why I started at playing Support haha I know how my support has to be, why not being me that Support?

ponyoworks

Reaction score
Tilting is real in League... I remember back when they showed your actual ELO, I went from 1700 to 1500 in one sitting. After that day, I never played more than a couple losses in a row, I know that they will keep compounding on top of each other otherwise. After one loss I usually just take a deep breathe, choose the right tunes, and Queue up again.

luispas

Reaction score
Tilting is real in League... I remember back when they showed your actual ELO, I went from 1700 to 1500 in one sitting. After that day, I never played more than a couple losses in a row, I know that they will keep compounding on top of each other otherwise. After one loss I usually just take a deep breathe, choose the right tunes, and Queue up again.
Wow, that was so bad :( I think I had lose some more LP :(

AlexHarris

Reaction score
Flame the hell out of the jungler and if I am the jungler, blame my team! Joking lol. If I lose ranked to be honest probably nothing if you did all you could then there's not anything you can do to change it after the fact. What you can do however is figure out why you lost and try to avoid losing in that same manner again. If you lose about three times in a row or something generic like that you should probably stop if you want to keep your LP because tilt is real. Also just camp bot lane and if you are bot lane then go somewhere else because you will probably get camped. At least the ADC in 2017 meme has pretty much come to an end. So you don't have to worry about the mid laner, top laner, and jungler AFK bot lane bursting you to madness. God bless nerfs to lethality.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
Flame the hell out of the jungler and if I am the jungler, blame my team! Joking lol.

Haha I see that mentality all the time. "Nothing should be my fault when I have 4 teammates I can blame!"

If I'm not doing so well in ranked, I take a break. Simple as that. Two or three losses in a row just means I'm in a funk and it'd be best if I took a break and come back to the game with a refreshed set of eyes. I know it hurts to see your LP degrade so quickly when you lose several games in a row, and your immediate desire is to get back into Summoner's Rift and get those points back, but it helps to just think that after you rest a bit, you'll get them back in no time.

AlexHarris

Reaction score
What might actually be the worst things in League are people trying out brofresco or nightblue3 builds on your team. Remember when Nightblue3 first starting playing that Fizz Jungle cheese in like early season 6? I was in bronze at the time and it was the most annoying thing ever. When I saw a Fizz it triggered a Teemo like reaction, but worse because he always gets away and at the time I was a Jhin fan so it was eternal cancer for me.

luispas

Reaction score
Flame the hell out of the jungler and if I am the jungler, blame my team! Joking lol. If I lose ranked to be honest probably nothing if you did all you could then there's not anything you can do to change it after the fact. What you can do however is figure out why you lost and try to avoid losing in that same manner again. If you lose about three times in a row or something generic like that you should probably stop if you want to keep your LP because tilt is real. Also just camp bot lane and if you are bot lane then go somewhere else because you will probably get camped. At least the ADC in 2017 meme has pretty much come to an end. So you don't have to worry about the mid laner, top laner, and jungler AFK bot lane bursting you to madness. God bless nerfs to lethality.
HAHAHA omg that was funny. You're right, there's always someone else's fault XD

airfightermax

Reaction score
When I'm on a losing streak on ranked now, I just take a break and try to relax. The tilt really comes to you when you are on a losing streak. So when you come back from a break, you feel refreshed and your brain is clear. You also have to explain to yourself your actions and why you did it. This is actually really great as sometimes you'll realize how much of a dumb idea the thing you did was when you think your decisions out loud. At least that's what I do.

Alex

Reaction score
Personally I play until about 2-3 losses and then take a break. The break can last from anywhere between 2 and 24 hours. If I take a break for too long it seems to only make things worse. Sometimes I don't take a break at all after losses. This depends on how tilting they are to me. Some losses there are nothing you can do about, so just learn from your mistakes and move on.

Khalil A

Reaction score
When I lose a ranked game, I do not take it for loss, but for an opportunity to learn from my mistakes, I start the process of analyzing my game and I note what I should do next time. If it's about map-awarness, I train. If it's about csing, I also train. If it's about game vision, I watch high elo players (Master-Challenger) and I try to learn their paths. If it's about teammates who troll, I tell myself that 30% of games are clearly lost whatever what I do.
Do not get angry, chill and be patient then you will play, enjoy and climb !

Deathisue

Reaction score
It depends on many things, if my mood is not right for lose I stop and close the game, if I do not continue for many more hours, everything depends on my mood and how it will affect me.

tinrmz15

Reaction score
If I played my first ranked game and I lost, I would play another rank game to have revenge and have better play from the last game. I usually do not give up but when you see team mates don't play well, it destroys the mood and eagerness of playing ranked games. I usually stop playing rank when I have 3 losing streak, maybe I don't have the mood to play like a beast or maybe the timing of the play has many young less skillful players. That's why I play during midnights because I know legends and skillful players are online. Losing to skillful players will just be okay atleast I know I did my best, I learned some strategies from the game, and I'm eager to be better and win the next game

user238

Reaction score
The best thing to do is just accept the loss.

ACCEPT the loss.

You are not going to win every game, heck you're not even expected to, Diamond and Masters don't win every game, they win less than 55%. Don't focus on the loss so as much as you can focus on what you can learn from the experience, because trust me, it doesn't matter how long you've been playing you can always learn something new.

Hakinator

Reaction score
If I'm really tilted after losing a ranked game or if I'm on a losing streak I'll just play some normals, watch video's on YouTube, play another pc game or I'll watch some anime or video's on YouTube. If I'm not tilted or just lost ones I'll just play another game and see how it goes. Something else you can do is doing a fun build on a champion, for example full ap zac or full ad/crit on thresh, garen or darius. If the game goes well/great you'll just be able to play another ranked game without any problems after that because if a game with a build like that goes well/great you'll be having a lot of fun most of the time so being tilted or sad after a game like that is almost impossible.

user238

Reaction score
I will also say that there are times when you just need to stop playing. Go and work out, do something physical out in the sun light. Don't get drunk or do anything silly, just step away make things happy and do something different. You gotta step away from things completely in order to get a fresh track.