• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What was your first Playstation console that you bought

lindbergh

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to be able to own Sony's first ever console - the PSX. Although the graphics in the PSX were bought and pixelated, the games were still awesome. I remember being awed by such games like Guardians Crusade, Siphon Filter, and Tenchu.

Then I also got my mind blown away by games like Xenogears, Metal Gear Solid, and Final Fantasy VIII. I was able to witness the evolution of the PlayStation and its games.

It's funny and geeky, but the PSX played a huge part of my childhood. I don't know if that's good of bad... I just know that I enjoyed every second of it.

fireball916

Reaction score
Well my parents bought me a PS2 for Christmas and it came with Star Wars Battlefront 1 and Star Wars Revenge of the Sith. The first PlayStation I actually bought with my own money is the PS4 Darth Vader Limited Edition. It came bundled with Star Wars Battlefront (2015) Deluxe and a code to download some retro Star Wars games on PSN. The console also came with a Darth Vader inspired controller.

fishmonk

Reaction score
My parents bought me a PlayStation after I aced my exams. My favorite games back then were Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy VII

Haristar

Reaction score
The first gaming console I ever bought was Play station 2. My dad bought it for my birthday and that when my gaming experience reached a whole new level. I have played some really awesome games in that but I don't have that anymore and now I have a PS4. It was amazing and sometimes my dad will accompany in my playing. Those were golden times :)

Pakunstunchi

Reaction score
I own all the playstation consoles currently. the first one I bought with my own money was the Ps4. With a little bit of saving and a tax return I went up to counter and got a refurbished Ps4. then my heart sank at the the price. It was at that moment I knew how my parents and older siblings felt.

Frank

Reaction score
First one that I had was PS2. Although, the first one I played extensively was PS1 since my best friend and next door neighbor at the time had it and I'd just hang there all the time. I also owned a PS3, but never PS4 which is a deep regret of mine, but seeing how we're closer to PS5, I'm not really sure if I'll even get a PS4.

Tania997

Reaction score
I bought the PS1 a lot of years ago, it was my first playstation console and I loved it. I have a lot of lovely memories of those times, the intro screen, the memory card that was always full, games that required all of the blocks just to save. I remember playing the first time without a memory card and leaving it on overnight. Crash team racing was a masterpiece, really wish they would remaster that too. The PS1 CD case also looked very good.

Westbay

Reaction score
Mine was the play station 1 and i sure did enjoy it, it made so much sense back then we used to swap games and play soccer even though winning eleven didn't have commentary in English. Sony really did a lot in the gaming world.

Pixie06

Reaction score
My first PlayStation was a PS2 and my dad gifted it to me when I passed my exams. I played so many good games on this PlayStation and there are so many good memories attached to those games My dad traveled to Dubai some years back and he bought a PS3 for me from there. The price of the PS3 was much cheaper in Dubai compared to my country.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
I never actually experienced the PlayStation 1. I'm old, but not that old:tearsofjoy:

...My first PlayStation console was the PS2. My parents bought it for me in 2004 in my mid childhood/early preteen years. I remember the first day I played. It was a rainy Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. So basically I had the whole weekend. My parents also bought me three games to go along with the console. I forget the third, but the first two were Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Tony Hawks: Underground.

gelotologist

Reaction score
Does it count when my parents gave it to me a present? or not?. I didn't buy any of the consoles with my own money because back in the day I'm just a grade school boy who wants to study hard and go to school everyday and I will tell you the reason why, Its definitely because of my crush which is my first and last love.

Zeratul2020

Reaction score
The first one I bought was a PS2 about 12 years ago and it's still working now, it's the thick one, with the 32mb ram. It's built to last and doesn't overheat like the slim ones.
IMG_20180624_134837_164.jpg

Reaction score
My first would be the PlayStation 1. It was a gift from my dad and we used to have lots of games back then because we have more free time to play. We also swap games with friends and relatives because most of them also have the console.