• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What was your first Playstation console that you bought

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
PSX, of course, mine is still plugged in right next to the PS2.
Well, actually, I haven't bought them myself, they were a present. The first one I actually bought was the PSP, but, well, given my previous experience with the brand...let's say it failed to meet the expectations I had for it.

Ash

Reaction score
Mine was the Playstation 4 actually. Before that I had been a Microsoft person but the moment the Xbox One was unveiled, me and my friends knew that we were going to be moving to the Playstation 4. It was just so much better, especially since Microsoft thought having the Xbox as always online at the start was a good idea. Glad they changed that. I had played on Playstation consoles earlier though, the PS2 was the first Sony console I played with.

dracula77

Reaction score
I used the playstation 1 of my brother that was offered with my grandmother,I really liked it now I have playstation 3 that usually uses my younger brother

dero56

Reaction score
Playstation 1 and eventually modded it! I remember the days of going down to rent a ps1 game and then making a copy of it on my computer only to add it to my "bootleg" ps1 collection, those were the pirate days.

Eventually the console crapped out and got a psx just to play some of my legit ps1 games but all in all, it was a revolution going to 3d and the games just lasted that much longer and some had so much content compared to the generation before it.

Denis_P

Reaction score
I had a PlayStation One as a kid, but if my memory serves me well I believe it was a hand-me-down from a family member, so it wouldn't be the first one that was "bought." The first one my family bought was the PlayStation 2. I still remember the day we got it and I will never forget it. I had just come home from school, and on the way home my mom hadn't mentioned anything special. I figured it was just another day. But upon opening the door, there it was, that distinct blue box with the PS2 logo on it, sitting on the coffee table and my dad next to it with a controller in his hands. It wasn't even my birthday or anything, but boy was it a good day.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Technically the PS2, but I played PS1 which belonged to my cousins/uncle. We had to share them with other relatives so it was annoying to say the least, when everyone wants to play and there's just one or two controllers available. There's also the matter of picking the game; as the older relatives eventually were the ones who picked while we stood in line to touch the controllers for 5 minutes. It was a dreadful way of playing.

Lexi

Reaction score
The first one I had was the Playstation 2, but my older brother had the Playstation 1 before. We were really hooked and excited for a new console. It's still here and it works fine, though a few games are missing. I believe my brother still has his Playstation 1 with him.

huggy212

Reaction score
I never bought any playstation console but the very first that i had is playstation 1 when my parents gave that to me(if youcount it). I was very young at that time and most of my games are role playing games. Those small memory card that I cannot even remember the Capacity of those. Game shark cd that makes all life easy at that time. I will even buy magazine guides for some of my rpg games. I even won a playstation 4 on a raffle but I just sold it because im already happy with my laptop gaming.

Jack_Dan

Reaction score
The first ever console was PlayStation when I was 14, and I got it for my birthday. It was Playstation 2, and I loved that console. Now I have Play Station 3, and I do love this one too, but you know that first is always special.

zeedollar

Reaction score
I bought the ps1 first, at that time it was really a wonder to own, i never really left it alone for a split second, I actually played the winning eleven game like a billion times. These day I have simply forgotten I ever had it because I now own a ps3

lordrenly

Reaction score
I received PS1 from my parents but the console that I bought with my own money was PS2. It was easy saving money back then so I could save up a lot of money to buy PS2 and some of the newer games at that time. It was good to feel that your hardwork are being rewarded.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
The PS2 was my first Playstation that I bought and by far my favorite Playstation. I am a RPG fan and the PS2 had 10X+ more RPG's then the PS3 and PS4 combined.

My Favorite PS2 rpg was FFXI, I will never forget the midnight release of FFXI. I went to my local store called Meijer and I bought the game and rushed home and installed the hard drive and the online adaptor. And then I installed the game and had to wait for updates. I have more good memories of that game and my PS2 then any other game and game system that I have owned!

Dhanidhamy

Reaction score
My first PlayStation console was the ps2 super slim model, I wasn't one of the early buyers because I played almost anytime at a friend's.

Kharyode

Reaction score
My first console was PSP.. Now planning on buying PS 3.

thart

Reaction score
It's absolutely Playstation one. The first console i bought ever, that time it look like magic lol.

thart

Reaction score
PS1 of course. Back in the day, I really loved playing Twisted Metal and Crash Bandicoot. As I grew older, my tastes evolved as well, so I dug into RPG games, Fighting games like Tekken 1 and Bushido Blade and even Tenchu! Oh good old days.
Crush Bandicoot and CTR was both amazing, I played tekken 1 too, Metal slug, pepsi man, All of them are nice and memorable games

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
PSONE. It was a Christmas gift from my parents, and along with it there were two games: Resident Evil, which I never played because I got scared of the first zombie (I was just a little stupid kid, sorry), and Rayman 2: The Great Escape. Which remains one of my favorite platform of all time.

Fuzyon

Reaction score
The PlayStation 1, I still have it to this day coupled with a few of some original games and the original controller. I remember playing the old Prince of Persia games when I came back from school, it was really awesome.

airfightermax

Reaction score
PS1! I remember playing resident evil on it and I was really scared because the graphics looked really realistic to my young mind back then. I also had a GT racing game, and this racing game like Mario kart but it had Nickelodeon characters. My father even bought me a lion king game but I never got around on finishing it since it was so difficult.

goldlady

Reaction score
Ok, I feel like a mummy LOL makes me feel kind of old to say it was Play Station 1. I have to say several of my favorite memories about my childhood was playing with the Nintendo. I used to play hours and hours with my friends of the block. Mario and Mortal Kombat was definitely my favorite ones! I still have it and I think I will never throw it away because it brings me so many good memories.