• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What's Your Favorite GTA Title?

Gladdy

Reaction score
Another vote for GTA San Andreas. It is by far my favorite GTA game ever. It is followed by GTA V and then the older titles like Vice City.

I just loved San Andreas so, so much. I have replayed it many times and even though I know all the missions and even most of the dialogues by heart, I still enjoy the game. It introduced so many new things to the GTA series that the previous title did not have - gyms, higher customisation and more!

Also the storyline is amazing and presents the gang life and betrayals. The map is absolutely huge if you consider what year it was made in. Overall, an excellent game with plenty things to do even when you are done with the main story.

luispas

Reaction score
My favorite one was San Andreas. I felt that when it came out, the different between this and Vice City was so big that SA really stands out. For me, this map is just perfect, it's not too small nor too big, the missions were so creative and everything on it felt pretty good. I remember that game with a smile in my face :)

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
San Andreas, not because when I was 9 and when my parents strictly told me they better not see me playing it. (I did when they were at work..Ha ha.) But I like the names that don't have numbers, like I understand what city the game is taking place in but it's just funner when they have the city names and not GTA IV, GTA V, etc. However GTA 5 is the best game in the series but I gotta go back to my roots and say GTA San Andreas is my favorite title.
The game was more fun then because you could drive planes, boats, skydive, and go on a killing spree with flamethrowers, chainsaws, and heat seeking missiles. GTA games these days are more serious in nature, and the "cartooney" factor that let you really have fun was replaced by a more dark tone and added realism. I don't care if the cars look realistic. I just want to play and have fun!

StolenKid

Reaction score
My top 3 on the Grand Theft Auto series easily could be:

-San Andreas
-Vice City
- GTA V

San andreas is the first one and the game was just so advanced for it's time, vice city because of the story and GTA V for the characters and all the things you can do on it.

jahanzeb ali qureshi

Reaction score
I love the Grand Theft Auto San Andreas the most. It is the most favorite title of GTA all over the world. People liked it more than any other game or any other title of GTA. It is really a big source of fun for everyone. I heard about its HD remake and it is going to be launched soon. I really excited about it.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I love the Grand Theft Auto San Andreas the most. It is the most favorite title of GTA all over the world. People liked it more than any other game or any other title of GTA. It is really a big source of fun for everyone. I heard about its HD remake and it is going to be launched soon. I really excited about it.
San Andreas remake, huh? Haven't heard about it but that sounds great! As long as they don't add missions or something to lengthen the game. I think GTA:SA is perfect enough in its own right, and we don't really need more of the GTA5 and Online stuff there to ruin the fun. Keep the items there, keep the cars, planes, and boats, the jetpack, and even keep the awesome flips that you can do while you are on the road. So much fun memories with that game I tell you.

valy

Reaction score
Hi, Cod I don't think I have a favorite GTA title but I will say which I have played the most and that was San Andreas because the game just added more things, and made everything better. Even after completing the game, there was always something to do, and that's not even accounting for everything the modding community brought to the table.

DenisHero

Reaction score
GTA III is the first title that I have ever played.I think I finished it twice.
I was having hard time,because I couldn't afford weapons and cops were after me most of the times.Then a friend told me I can use passwords and all changed.I know it wasn't fair,but it certainly made the game easier.
Same story with GTA Vice City,but here,what amazed me,is that you could travel on water with a vehicle(password indeed).
Then the GTA SA series with more more possibilities in the game(swimming,shipping,eating,tuning cars).
Anyway,I think SA was the best.You can't get bored,even after you complete the missions.There are always new stuff to explore and fun things to do.

Lukehh

Reaction score
It's a touch call between 5 and San Andreas for me, but I LOVED 4's multiplayer far more then GTA: Online
My nostalgia for SA is strong, but I'd say 5 is my favorite simply because of the HOURS me and my friends have spent adventuring around in single player, turn for turn in the game.

Laibrown

Reaction score
I don't think there's any contest here for me, my favorite of the GTA series is definitely vice city. I love the characters, the city set up, the tasks. This particular series is just too cool for me and yes I enjoy the cars too. After vice city I will take Gta san Andreas too, that equally have cool music and the bike oo.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
Personally, I’ve also played every GTA game out there today. But there is one of the games which is probably the best and appeals to me the both. Mine is GTA Vice City Stories on the PlayStation Portable. Though it may be a spinoff of the original, GTA Vice City, I find it more fun, maybe because it’s just newer but the soundtrack of VCS is much better, in my opinion, than Vice City. That’s is probably the main reason why Vice City Stories is my favourite game.
I second this. I think the spinoff of the spinoff is better than the spinoff (because technically, Vice City is also a spinoff LOL). But yeah, story-wise, and when it comes to the controls and gameplay, I think Vice City Stories is the better game. I personally find the original Vice City to be a bit clunky in terms of controls and wasn't really that enjoyable for me as it makes the game really hard to play at times.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
San Andreas, not because when I was 9 and when my parents strictly told me they better not see me playing it. (I did when they were at work..Ha ha.) But I like the names that don't have numbers, like I understand what city the game is taking place in but it's just funner when they have the city names and not GTA IV, GTA V, etc. However GTA 5 is the best game in the series but I gotta go back to my roots and say GTA San Andreas is my favorite title.
I think gameplay wise, GTA V wins but San Andreas wins when it comes to the story, but that's just me. And yeah, for some reason they didn't name it as official sequels but rather spin-offs. I think it's also a neat way to preserve the title and avoid making it look like it's being milked. If we had GTA 9 by now then I think that would make it seem like they're really milking the game and would turn off a lot of people.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
Every GTA title is really interesting and fun to play. My favorite GTA title is GTA San Andreas. This the most famous and interesting title of GTA. People are still crazy about playing this version. I love the fast cars and bikes in it. I love to listen to the radio stations. A whole city is an amazing place to have fun. It is much realistic.
I think GTA V was the most realistic one out of the series with its new features and all that, and GTA IV has the best physics out of all the games, but I think how I would describe San Andreas is that it's easy to relate to. The story is quite immersive for a GTA game, and you really get hooked to it. But I think it's far from being realistic in terms of everything but the story.

CJ still looks like a black Asian.

WarVet

Reaction score
I think GTA V was the most realistic one out of the series with its new features and all that, and GTA IV has the best physics out of all the games, but I think how I would describe San Andreas is that it's easy to relate to. The story is quite immersive for a GTA game, and you really get hooked to it. But I think it's far from being realistic in terms of everything but the story.

CJ still looks like a black Asian.

Yeah, man, I loved GTA IV story wise and physics wise too. While GTA 5 was not a bad game I feel it was too rushed and it felt a bit unfinished to me. Still my favorite GTA of all times it's Vice City. Mainly because I love the soundtrack nd everything about the eighties.

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
For me it will alway be the Vice City. I still remember the tanks exploding from a glitch, and i received loads and loads of money, at the apartment safehouse. Lovely times :sunglasses:

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
GTA San Andreas. I loved everything about that: plot, characters, voice acting (Samuel L. Jackson, come on! How can you top that?) and the setting. I loved the fact that there were not one but three cities, and every one of them was different from the others... And I loved also the unique parts with campagins, forest and mountains... It was so relaxing driving on those roads listening the K-Rose station (it fits perfectly!).
Countless hours spent on that gem...

Laibrown

Reaction score
Yes you are right in this, actually this is pretty smart. They do not want to make the not get boring with gamers and th retain the name of the franchise.
I think gameplay wise, GTA V wins but San Andreas wins when it comes to the story, but that's just me. And yeah, for some reason they didn't name it as official sequels but rather spin-offs. I think it's also a neat way to preserve the title and avoid making it look like it's being milked. If we had GTA 9 by now then I think that would make it seem like they're really milking the game and would turn off a lot of people.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
I have played GTA III, Liberty City Stories, Vice City, Vice City Stories, San Andreas, GTA IV, and GTA V. I have to say that the most enjoyable game for me was Grand Theft Auto San Andreas. It has its own atmosphere especially in Los Santos, compared to the other franchises. What made the game unique among all the Grand Theft Auto games was that the story and theme revolved around the gangster life at most, and I felt like the gameplay fits that kind of atmosphere. In no other GTA games would you be able to learn other martial arts or date different girls simultaneously. Those are only some of the many parts of San Andreas that I grew up to love.

forumheem

Reaction score
My favorite GTA title has to be GTA San Andreas I think it is because of Its huge map and accessibility to all the different locations. I've also really liked the CJ character I think he was the best main character in all the series.

mistakenichi

Reaction score
GTA SA so far. It was a real jump for the saga. All the Easter's Eggs, the two player feature on PS2, the swimming, the mini-games, challenges as the Triathlon, scenarios, dialogues; also the new kind of guns... I've played GTA IV and it was too gray and bored. GTA V is actually amazing and makes you feel into the real game, but driving an Hydra on GTA SA, listening to K-DST while 5 airplanes are trying to take you down because you passed to Las Venturas is priceless.

GTA SA so far.

latest