• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

When did you start playing Minecraft?

niightwind

Reaction score
I'm really late getting into this, but I actually just started today! I've seen a ton of game play videos of it and I have lots of friends that play it, but for some reason I didn't feel like getting involved in the game myself. I finally decided to take a leap into Minecraft though. I have no idea what the heck I'm doing, but everyone seems to love the game so much that its gotta be good, right? I'll try it out again tomorrow when I'm not so tired and will hopefully suck less at it. Also going to check out that guide that iNinetails linked to!

Bannon

Reaction score
Got into it around Beta 1.4. Redstone had just been introduced so I did a lot of experimenting with how to make circuits and secret doorways using whatever method was available. Oh and TNT cannons. Messing around with TNT cannons was a wonderful time. I actually haven't gotten familiar with most of the features of the recent updates so every time I fire up the game, I'm still baffled by it all. The new things that could be done, new things to discover and explore, and how the landscape changed thanks to the biomes update, it makes playing the game just as fulfilling back then as it is now.

ProNine

Reaction score
I started playing Minecraft about three years ago. I saw a bunch of kids playing it together and at first, I was intrigued. I had no knowledge about the trendy games back then due to my age, so I just played whatever my parents would buy me. However, when I saw that game, I was baffled. The game seemed to be endless with possibilities. It also seemed more fun when I began to play it at home on my own, either multiplayer servers or with mods such as Ars Magica and Thaumcraft, or with the Hexxit or Tekkit modpacks.

bleblanc10

Reaction score
I first got minecraft for $20 on xbox when I was in like 9th grade so that would be about five years ago.

fcuco

Reaction score
About 1 year ago, so, very recently, I started it out of pure curiosity, I just wanted to know what the buzz was about, I tried the demo first and was instantly hooked, after playing for about 6 months and reaching some milestones (mining obsidian, visiting the nether, farming, building red stone machines, taming a horse, breeding animals) I suddenly stopped playing altogether. I actually stopped playing so long ago that if I ever go back it to start fresh.

Malachi

Reaction score
I started playing the game when it was still in 1.3 or 1.4. I remember when the big 1.5 Redstone update happened and it seemed like such a game changer. It has taken me a while to get used to the combat update, but I still play quite frequently. Enjoy the worlds.

Steamroller

Reaction score
I played the free version available when Minecraft was on its earliest stage of development, you roam around in three dimensions harvesting blocks with your own hands, I didn't make anything outstanding. I wasn't bored enough :p, at least the original version has some thrills with survival mode.

AntwanCeja

Reaction score
To be honest, I still have not started playing this game. It is not because i don't find it interesting, it is jut because I feel like I would play something else instead. I've only seen my little cousin play it. He is literally obsessed with this game, I don't blame him, the game does look very interesting. I might just take some time to give it a chance.

fl1pz

Reaction score
My first time playing Minecraft would have to be about 1 or 2 years ago. It was a new and great experience for me because of how big the community was at the time. But, now I only play Minecraft occasionally when I get bored of playing League Of Legends.

Sino989

Reaction score
I started playing minecraft a few years back on the PC but I didn't like just playing by myself because it got boring so I stopped playing but once minecraft for the xbox 360 came out I played it a lot more.

Lazyboii

Reaction score
I don't remember when I exactly start playing Minecraft, or the version that came out. It was introduced to me by a friend of mine and I really like the concept of the TNT and the Redstones. I guess that it was pretty cool and complex when I started playing. After a while, the game gets repetitive at a lot of concepts. Still crazy and popular today, so I can't really complain. Overall I took breaks every now and then cause no one goes on, but still a really good game!

overcast

Reaction score
I think I started with the Minecraft at the end of 2015. It was one of the good games out there at that time. I also played some funny mods with it. But around start of 2017 I kind of lost the interest. Now I barely even play it if any. I think the concept has it's run for the trend and now it is boring.

topflight

Reaction score
I've never played Minecraft myself ( I hope to), but from what i've seen its this game where you use the most to click things and gather materials (such as dirt, metal, trees, etc.) and you can build things according to its color, and just build cool things. I don't think theres any real story mode, but you can interact with other people there, so it sounds kinda cool.

msyukionna

Reaction score
I started playing Minecraft two years ago. It was a game that my boyfriend picked out for me when he got me my PS Vita. I think that Vita is not the best platform to play Minecraft on, but that does not stop me.

I played on and off between that and a few other games on my PSP. I find I cannot play Minecraft for long periods of time as it's best to play Minecraft using first person view and that gives me motion sickness (that's why I can't play FPS). I had formal architecture training so it's fun to play around with virtual building blocks for no practical reason.

valy

Reaction score
I started playing Minecraft in 2015, it was the first game i have bought in my Steam account and i must say that i have no regrets. Now i can play everytime i want, playing single or multiplayer this game is awesome.

Miles Lucas

Reaction score
I first started playing when I was 11. When I first heard the name "Minecraft" I thought it was going to be a game like Battlefield, or Call Of Duty.

And boy was I wrong! It was actually the complete opposite. My friend walked out of him room saying, "Hey, Come look at my sheep in Minecraft!". And I was so confused! I thought he was going to kill the sheep or something like that, but when he was actually raising it, and feeding it, I was automatically in love with the game.

Shortie861

Reaction score
I remember I first started playing Minecraft when it was first released on Xbox 360. I want to say that was 2012? I could be wrong though. I had heard about Minecraft prior to it being released on Xbox 360 however never got around to playing it on the PC. Looking back now though to it being released on Xbox 360 and seeing how far it has come and seeing it progress to cross platform play is amazing!

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I first started with Minecraft PE on iPad back then. I believe at the time it had very limited features, but despite that, I really had fun with the game because it was the first of its kind that I've ever played. Then I started reading articles about it and found out that it was originally a PC game. I bought the PC version and didn't regret a thing. It was way better than PE at the time, and although PE is catching up, I believe the PC is still far ahead.

Lexi

Reaction score
I started playing about two or threw years ago. Certainly a lot has changed, they've added so many features. They've made it even more interactive. I stopped for a while, but came back to playing recently and it's different no doubt. It seems they're doing even more to expand the franchise. It'll be interesting to see what's coming.

Empire

Reaction score
Let me thing?

Never :p I don't really like the game and so I never got into getting the game and to play it. I know you can do allot of hours and have your own server and seen videos and have mates that also have an server yet for me nope!