• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Where do you find your older games?

Mya

Reaction score
Some older games are hard to find but if you remember the name of the game it should be on eBay somewhere. I've had this one game I had a hard time finding and I'm confident that I know the name of the game but I can't seem ti find this game anywhere. I was searching for this game ever since I was seven :( and back then it wasn't too long ago I had been playing that game.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Why not try getting a good emulator instead of buying the older games? Certain older games, especially the best classic ones will be impossible to get or will go for a silly price.

If you just get an emulator you can play any game your heart desires! I have a SNES PC emulator and it's absolutely amazing. It's two clicks and you have the game running. Perhaps look into it, it might be an easier option. Unless you specifically want physical games.

overcast

Reaction score
These days I am finding most of them in the DOSBOX forum. And some of them are good for running on PC. Some of them require different emulators. I see most of the games being ported to the DOSBOX. And it can be good to use some of them. Though some of the emulator based games are not that easy to use for sure as some require more graphics requirement for to work.

Koyomi Araragi

Reaction score
You can find pretty much any old game on Amazon or eBay. Sometimes people strike luck at thrift shops/Goodwills that aren't aware of the actual value of a game, so I'd definitely keep an eye out at those.

kenoobie

Reaction score
I usually find those good games online. It is hard to secure a physical copy of the game and a console that still works because some people collect them for the novelty and nostalgia. Some pc games are actually free and legal to download. Most of the PC classics I could find in GOG.

MLF

Reaction score
We have a ton of second hand video game stores in my city -- Disc Replay, The Exchange... even Half Price Books has a case with rare video games they have sold to them. If all else fails, you hit eBay as mentioned multiple times over.

Pixie06

Reaction score
It is very hard to find old games now. Sometimes if I am lucky I may get it from a friend. I have also safely kept some of my favorite old games. However at a certain point I wanted to buy some new games and sold some of my old games.

sima061

Reaction score
You can search online for places that sell them, I guess. Just looking for them randomly all around seems to be time consuming and not so productive. Try searching online or asking around. There's always a place. My friend got some of them for free from a guy who just didn't need or want them anymore so that also happens. You can find someone who has some and at least buy from them.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
I have an older Nintendo and a Dreamcast that I would like to find games for. Besides searching online, where can you find games in person? Perhaps at a Goodwill or another thrift shop?
I am a big proponent of flea markets. I think there's something special about all the strange and wonderful things you can find. The trouble is that you have to be persistent. Thanks to the dubious effect e-bay has had in "standardizing" used game prices and promoting a "collector's market" in which prices inflate dramatically, it can be hard to find bargains even at a flea market because chances are the seller has already looked there to get an idea of what their inventory is worth. But the effort is always rewarded, even if you don't find games. You're going to see something weird that will have made it worth your day-trip.

peachpurple

Reaction score
I found that there are still some old Nintendo and Dreamcast games that you can download online when you type the name of the games you wanted at the search engine. Otherwise, you could visit the thrift shop or Salvation Army shops for old items ( for sale ), maybe you will find those games there.

Referal

Reaction score
You could find it online or in Stores I would suggest going to a retail store where they sell games and then ask them for the games you want to have and they will show it too you or search but that's easier.