• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Why am I so bad at LoL?

gadin210

Reaction score
Ive tried playing league but Im just sooooo bad at it!

Shimus

Reaction score
It's not about guessing, as much as people tell you it is. Guessing is like 10% of the main goal. 50% is picking up a champion who fits your individual playstyle and practicing with them until you get good (ARAM, Bot Stomps, Dom) and then take them on to Summoners Rift when you feel confident.

So to review:

10% Guessing where to skill shot (if you have one on your champ) and map awareness (watching when other people go missing from the minimap)

50% Picking the Right Champ - if you pick a champ you hate/can't play, you'll fail and you'll be in the 30% bracket for teammates in the next step - if you're not on the right champ, you're...

30% Teammates and the ones that don't help/are annoying.

10% Items and right build. Read up on your champion before hand. Check their masteries, runes, setups. Check where they should be (Top, Middle, Jungle, Carry, Support, Jungle) and then basically the game is about farming creeps and harassing them when they come to farm their own creeps and building as the game progresses. Most people jump right in and expect action nonstop. This is not the case on Summoner's Rift. If you like Instant action, that is why I suggested training on ARAMS/DOMS/PC VS AI(Botstomps) before making the plunge - they are all more 'action' oriented maps that will allow you to learn your character a lot faster than SR. Just keep in mind SR moves with game times being 35ish minutes while arams and doms are usually 10-25 minutes, so the scaling will just happen faster.

Take all these into account and you should be fine.

lgdg090596

Reaction score
Just keep on practicing, man. Everyone's bad in at the start. :D

Architect

Reaction score
I was terrible when I started, in fact I didn't even realize we had summoner skills like Ignite, Ghost, Etc. until level 10:p and I literally hated the game for about a week straight but I kept playing cause my friends liked it. Eventually I found the right champion and I only played that champion until I mastered him (Wu-Kong just as he was released at the end of S1) From there I learned how to build my items. Part of improving is not just knowing your own champion but also knowing your enemy's abilities and figuring out the best way to counter them.

Shimus

Reaction score
That is the trick. Most people get turned off at lol or think they suck. That's not the case. Just read before jumping in and trying everything from the word go, you know. Like item builds, where to lane/who is your best partner, playstyles and skills. The best use of this is watching the pro livestreams and finals, to get an idea where you might enjoy a character.

It's all in feeling comfortable. Which most people aren't, without friends or experience

yascaydeki

Reaction score
I'm there with you. I'm level 20 now, and I still feel terrible. I blame it on bad reaction time. I'm so slow, and I'm not very observant. I love playing League so much though. I just hope one day it will all click, and I'll get better. Lol

Shimus

Reaction score
That's all you can do, really. You will get better as time goes by. I've played over 3k games, and I think I have a 45% or so win rate. Not ashamed to say it; I lose a bit more than I win. But if you have fun, that's the point right? None (maybe one) of us will be Asian level top tier live-streamers but we can support games we love all the same.

Just bought a couple more skins. They're so addictive. Like Team Fortress hats. I don't know what it is.

lilac123

Reaction score
I started not so long ago and I'm still pretty bad too. Almost every time I play, I feel like quitting because I'm so bad at the game and people can be pretty toxic to new players. But it's also too addicting for me to quit right now. There are just so many champions and I don't know what all their skill shots are so it's hard to predict what's going to happen when I'm playing against them. Right now, I'm just practicing with different champions and by learning from other people's games. It's definitely something that takes time.

fl1pz

Reaction score
If you are new to League Of Legends, it is normal to be unskilled at the game. There is nobody that started the game and ending the season at Platinum or Gold. All I have to say to you is to keep on practicing and eventually you will get the hang of everything. Whether it be game knowledge, mechanics or communication.

Here are 3 tips that helped me climb extremely high in the ladder
1) Do not type unless you HAVE to (Mostly use pings)
2) Take breaks in-between matches
3) Have an un-tilt game just incase you get into a losing spree

Well, that is all! Hopefully you find these 3 tips helpful.

tinrmz15

Reaction score
All pro, semi-pro, and amateur players started as a newbie and have felt the way you feel right now. The key is to PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE. Practice all types of roles and champions you have. Maximize normal games instead of AI because you will learn how to strategize, combos, and how to properly play the champion. When you have a losing streak, take a breather/snack/sleep maybe its not your day or good mood. Take it easy every game and do your best! Its better to win/lose knowing you did you part!

Deathisue

Reaction score
First I must ask, do you have some experience in the genre of moba? If the answer is no is very understandable that you are bad in the game, it is a highly competitive genre that may demand a lot of skill but with patience you can improved, accept the challenge and skip Your weaknesses you can do it.

luispas

Reaction score
We all started being bad at League, don't worry. I was terrible, I didn't know how to farm properly, I died a lot, I brought so many useful items and more :emoji_joy: The things you need to do are: Focusing on being better, practice everyday, watch how the pro players play and try to repeat what they do. Improving in something that you will do day by day, and little by little so be constant.

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
I also was super bad at league, but then i understood how addictive it was. I started watching streamers and LoL professional games, and i was hyped. Firstly focus on your basics, like creep score and map awareness. Pick 2-3 champs and stick to those.
GGWP