• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Why do you actually enjoy gaming?

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Most people in fact. It seems to me online gamers these days are mostly worried about their kill ratio or drops they might get rather than playing as a team. When I first started playing CS I was a total noob and had no idea what I was doing. I had people flaming left and right. I mean if something does not work shouting at it will make it work? People should take some time to reflect before taking action. Would do everyone a lot of good.
Yeah, everybody wants to be the hero. Too bad team games rely on teamwork rather than single accomplishments. A well coordinated team will beat any single player no matter how good he is. People can't seem to understand that. They just want to kill everyone and be the star, and they blame their team if they are not getting their way. A good support or initiator can make the entire difference in the game. Carries only matter late game, but most games don't even last that long.

tinrmz15

Reaction score
I think video games should be made official as an anti-stress measure. :smiley: What do you think? :sweatsmile:
They can but it can also result to addiction :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: It should be a balance between the two.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
They can but it can also result to addiction :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: It should be a balance between the two.

Yeah, yeah... The balance is always the best thing to do. Everything (even if it is something good) when done in an exaggerated way makes us some kind of harm. :weary:

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I enjoy gaming in moderation, because it gives me freedom of expression that you can not find in the real world. You can be a world leader, a king, a Soldier, a Nascar driver, a builder, a million air, etc. You name it, the sky is the limit and there is something out there for everyone. Currently I am really enjoying Minecraft, I have just started a new server and I am starting to build a town. :D

reginafalange

Reaction score
When I used to have time for playing games, I used to do it because it was really fun to do things that you're not able to do in real life, I could be somebody else for a few hours and this was a great way to disconnect from the world :)

goldlady

Reaction score
Yes, you are right! Gaming can turn into an addiction and be really hard to get over. It is important ti find the balance. If you can see gaming as a hobbie and something you just do for fun and because it helps you relax that's ok. You win, you win. You lose, that's ok. Trying to avoid to get obssesed about a particular game is the best thing to do.

WarVet

Reaction score
Yeah, everybody wants to be the hero. Too bad team games rely on teamwork rather than single accomplishments. A well coordinated team will beat any single player no matter how good he is. People can't seem to understand that. They just want to kill everyone and be the star, and they blame their team if they are not getting their way. A good support or initiator can make the entire difference in the game. Carries only matter the late game, but most games don't even last that long.

Yeah indeed. People lack team playing skills severely. Unfortunately, this is a reflex of real life also. Everyone is concerned with their own issues only rather than thinking "how can I make someone's life easier?" It's the same old question does art portrays real life or vice versa?

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Yeah indeed. People lack team playing skills severely. Unfortunately, this is a reflex of real life also. Everyone is concerned with their own issues only rather than thinking "how can I make someone's life easier?" It's the same old question does art portrays real life or vice versa?
lmao and when you guys win, the carries take all the credit. No love for the support that warded and bought items for the team the entire way. It sucks, but hey, at least the MMR got higher. And I've been in games too where the carries just suck so hard and no matter how I try, the game just can't be winnable because the enemy's carry has already got his items, while our carry either didn't know what he was doing or didn't get enough of a good start in the game. Win some, lose some.

xXInfectedXx

Reaction score
I enjoy playing with other people, and it's a way of getting way the stress of life. It's also peaceful. Gaming is fun, if you have a playing a game which you are especially enjoying.

Mace

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The lack of needing to tell everyone everything about yourself, I like being anonymous and always being able to leave without consequence.
Plus video games are fun so ya know... That's a plus.

kgord

Reaction score
Gaming is a fun distraction. I t can take your mind off any kind of stressful situation. You can lose yourself in another world when you game.

Henrywrites

Reaction score
I started playing games since I was 15 and I must say that it has been an awesome experience for me for I use games to relax my mind after a stressful day and it is also necessary for me to play games when I am bored and having nothing to do. So, there are many reasons why I play games as well. I play online games to connect with my friends all over the world.

emoxigh27

Reaction score
Why? Because it's entertaining!

Games are my number one stress reliever because it's fun to play. It is also your best friend when you just want to pass the time or you just want to play it for no reason at all!

In addition, socializing is one of the fun parts here. You can play it alone or with friends/acquaintances. The best part is when you discover a new friend while playing your favorite game. :)

WarVet

Reaction score
Why? Because it's entertaining!

Games are my number one stress reliever because it's fun to play. It is also your best friend when you just want to pass the time or you just want to play it for no reason at all!

In addition, socializing is one of the fun parts here. You can play it alone or with friends/acquaintances. The best part is when you discover a new friend while playing your favorite game. :)
Even though I enjoy solo play better than I enjoy multi player I do agree with you. Being able to transport yourself to another reality which is not your own is a very relieving activity to me. It's good to take a break from our reality as long as we don't dwell on it

Heatman

Reaction score
It's a source of leisure and relaxation to me. Playing games makes me feel comfortable wherever I'm at and it gives me lots of job. Apart from going to to hang out with friends and drink beers, game playing is the next big thing that I simply and truly cannot do and live without. In fact, I am practically addicted to playing games.
[doublepost=1506097004,1506096572][/doublepost]The satisfaction gaming can give to game lovers can never be said to be too much. In fact, it's so enjoyable that you can be in the comfort of your home, school, work place, seminars should you get bored from the long talk etc and still have fun without paying for it.

Games are one of the best things that technology have added to man's life to make him a more happy fellow at any point in time and any place. I do enjoy gaming so much because it gives me joy and makes me happy.

augusta

Reaction score
it relaxes me especially in a stressful day. it helps keep boredom away on a really boring day.

I play some to make some bucks for the betting games.