• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Will PC gaming ever take over completely??

Heatman

Reaction score
I can guarantee that in less than 10 years more, PC games would eventually take over the gaming sector completely because with the rate PC games is dominating the gaming community, it's enthronement is not far away. It's definitely going to happen, the question is not if it would happen but when will it happen.

Carol Fulcher

Reaction score
I think it will still depend on the gamer. The word take-over is a possibility but as we know, there are still people who enjoy games using video consoles. I can agree that some games on the video consoles can now be played using desktops, but I know a lot of people who use Playstations and Xbox. Like I said earlier, it is still the gamer's preference. As long as there are still people who use video console, they will still continue to produce games for them.
Agree with you!:)

GameCube

Reaction score
No, I don't think so for the simple reason that gaming computers are simply too expensive for a lot of young people. I mean, you're talking about 700 USD at the very least normally - and even the really big deals would be around 300 USD or something - which still makes consoles something that can compete.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
No, I don't think so for the simple reason that gaming computers are simply too expensive for a lot of young people. I mean, you're talking about 700 USD at the very least normally - and even the really big deals would be around 300 USD or something - which still makes consoles something that can compete.
Your way off on your prices, $700 is going to get you a gaming computer that is good enough to play Farmville. If you want a good gaming PC your talking at least $900 and if you want a decent PC your talking $1,200~$1,400+ and a high-end PC is going to cost you $1,800~$2,500+. So, in other words, a gaming PC is out of reach for a lot of people not just young people.

Henrywrites

Reaction score
In my opinion, there is always a difference and it's only core gamers will understand the feeling when I play on my plasma TV holding the pad on one hand while a bottle of coke on the other hand. The big screen of the TV always make the graphics of the game to look nice and that is not what I am going to trade for a PC version of any game. Yeah, I've got a PC but each time, I try playing game with it, I don't really feel okay about it.

Martinsx

Reaction score
I think PC gaming is going to take over soon what do you think

Personally, I don't think that PC games would take over 100% percent, there are some console that have the possibility of taking over but android games are ones to look up to now. I have lots of android games lately and it's all good.

Ash

Reaction score
It's a difficult question because we just don't know what will happen. The thing with consoles is that they will always be popular as long as they get better in terms of hardware and power. It's just so much easier for a lot of people to just buy a console, buy games for it and be able to play with it. With PC, you can have some problems with hardware/software requirements, parts failing etc. I just don't think PC will ever be the main and only platform for gaming for a long time

ion

Reaction score
Well I don't think so. It's just like PC era right now, look what happened the past gaming tools, the Nintendo, gameboy, etc. the xbox is still there, play station. let us wait for another five years.

Zeratul2020

Reaction score
I don't think that pc gaming can completely takeover the gaming world simply because most games nowadays are best played via gaming consoles. With the success of the PlayStation and Xbox theres now tens of millions of loyal gamers who prefers playing through these consoles.

pierrepotro

Reaction score
I'm mainly a PC gamer, but I think the high costs of having a real gaming PC compared to just owning a console or mobile gaming is a barrier towards people going into PC games. It's also much harder to learn to use the mouse and keyboard for gaming when controllers have been optimized for gaming use.

Denis_P

Reaction score
I myself am a PC gamer but even I have my doubts that PC gaming will ever completely take over. The issue is that PC gaming can be either too complicated or too expensive for the average consumer.

Consoles are simple machines. You plug them in, pop in a disk, and play. For some people even that is a complicated process. Building your own gaming PC can be really intimidating for some people, and if you don't want to build your own, buying a pre-made PC is vastly more expensive. Let's also not forget that consoles get all the best exclusive titles.

I don't think PC gaming will take over, not until gaming PC's become cheaper and more convenient than consoles, and they get better exclusive games.