• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you still use PC for playing games?

Eggy216

Reaction score
Personally I put together a $450 PC back 4 years ago, and it's performed well for me ever since as a gaming machine. I have a few older consoles as well that I put time into, but when it comes down to it my PC is definitely my preferred source for gaming on a regular basis (although when I'm on the road, my 3DS gets the playtime as my mobile gaming unit).

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
I ONLY use PC for playing games. The PC I have now is kinda old and the new consoles are actually probably better, but I'm saving up to build a new computer in a few years that will blow them away! Honestly, the few consoles exclusives out there are not enough for me.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
The primary function of my PC anymore is for video editing and filmmaking. However, it's still important to me that my computer can run whatever games that I happen to want to play, so yes, I still use my PC for gaming. It's really more casual gaming than it used to be, but I've kept my computer pretty well up to standards so it can generally handle what I want to play.

Laibrown

Reaction score
Yes I still play games on my pc. Although not so often, if I should put it in percentage I will say 60% of my gaming is done on mobile platform while 15% on pc and 25% on Xbox. There are two serious games that I play on my pc often, pes soccer and football manager. Funny enough they are both about soccer.

Eggy216

Reaction score
The primary function of my PC anymore is for video editing and filmmaking. However, it's still important to me that my computer can run whatever games that I happen to want to play, so yes, I still use my PC for gaming. It's really more casual gaming than it used to be, but I've kept my computer pretty well up to standards so it can generally handle what I want to play.
How often do you tend to upgrade? And where do you start with upgrades? I built my own PC about 4 years ago, and haven't upgraded anything since because I really don't know where to start. There's just so many individual components that could use an update to make the computer better on the whole.

thart

Reaction score
Until now i sill using PC to play games and i have never gotten bored of Pc gaming, there is always something different to play or something to do.

Inqogn1to

Reaction score
Yes I do because I got all my buddies there, and I just don't enjoy playing alone as much. Another reason I prefer PC is that I'm PRO with mouse and keyboard OK and I just don't feel like getting rekt on PS4 or XBOX controller would benefit me in any way :D. Besides that I spend a lot of time on my beloved computer for other daily tasks some very important ones, and not having to change platforms to get it all done is convenient for me.

DenisHero

Reaction score
My computer is broken,so the sources of fun are a smartphone,tablet and a laptop.
On laptop I used to play LoL,because only few hours and uninstalled it.Now I do ETS2 and CS 1.6.
I'm pretty low on free time,but I can manage to play daily.

sephyr

Reaction score
Yes. I still play on my PC. I find consoles as too limited and I prefer to do everything on my pc. Granted, there are console exclusive games i'd love to try but I find it impractical to purchase a console just for one game. Besides, I don't think PC's will ever become obsolete for gaming, at least not in the foreseeable future.

djdanilo

Reaction score
I am, and probably will always a PC for gaming. I don't deny there are a lot of consoles these days that can compare to PCs with graphics and speed, but I guess thats what people are used to, and, I know they are more expensive, but things you can do with them justify the price.

Yoshi

Reaction score
With the advent of technology there has been a massive growth in development of gaming consoles. The modern ones are pretty fast with excellent graphics and screen display. There is no doubt that the level of gaming has considerably risen over all these years.

So now do you still use your PC for gaming purposes?
Since consoles get some upgrades more often, I stopped buying consoles and decided to stick with the PC. When you need upgrades, just take some parts and replace them unlike when you have consoles, you will need to buy the whole thing which is really expensive.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
Since consoles get some upgrades more often, I stopped buying consoles and decided to stick with the PC. When you need upgrades, just take some parts and replace them unlike when you have consoles, you will need to buy the whole thing which is really expensive.
Not only that, but it seems like consoles are less and less often able to backtrack and play games from previous console versions. That was one of the things that turned me off from the Playstation line, as I didn't want to have to reinvest money in the exact same games I'd already purchased, but for the newer console. My Steam games are still playable even after 7+ years.

Haristar

Reaction score
Yes. I still play games on my PC and some of the games include GTA and Dota 2. I also play games on my PS4 but spend time equally. There are some games which are much easier to play in PC rather than a console. But the sole purpose of my PC is not for gaming but I do some upgradations to meet the requirements sometimes. :)

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
This is one of the biggest disadvantages of technology advancements. New is being introduced at a very fast rate. This high speed is leaving the old far behind. Once the console is replaced by one or more upgraded version it is really hard to keep the older one working. Moreover in case of any damage, repair requiring old spare parts becomes a big question.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
I find it funny that PC is all I ever use for gaming. My Xbox 360 stopped working in 2015. After that I proceeded to play games on PC. Steam was also a blessing for me because it was how I played more games. I bought many on a whim whenever I have money.
I'm just hoping that they would still make PC versions of new games that are coming to consoles.

overcast

Reaction score
I ONLY use PC for playing games. The PC I have now is kinda old and the new consoles are actually probably better, but I'm saving up to build a new computer in a few years that will blow them away! Honestly, the few consoles exclusives out there are not enough for me.
I think I have faced financial meltdown and so I can't afford to play the games on console now. These days moving away from console as much as possible to save the money. I think PC based gaming can be cheap on indie projects level. But I have found that some games on console are worth playing with it.

Tania997

Reaction score
I play on PC mostly since I got a pretty powerful and high end one. 60 FPS is beautiful, you really notice the difference. Feels smooth and great. Steam also makes everything feel great, and the sales will help you get some great games even if you don't have a lot of money. I also like the mods you can easily add on your games, something that consoles don't have. I play on PS4 too, only exclusives though. Crash N sane trilogy was something I couldn't avoid :)

MICHAEEMEKA

Reaction score
i always use pc to play game because its the cheapest gamingp platform in my country and also it has console emulators that i can use to play games that are higher than my pc although it dosent offer real screen playing but i still prefer it over all other consoles

Westbay

Reaction score
Yes I still use my PC for playing video games and I must say its one awesome feeling I played GTA V on console but I had to play it again just to get the all round feeling on PC I enjoy using the mouse and keyboard so I go back to using my PC for games at times besides its easy I might need to go out of town for a while and it would feel a bit weird taking my console but its compulsory I take my personal computer along which makes a lot of sense this is actually a good thing. I enjoy playing games on it and I can do it over and over again.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I find it funny that PC is all I ever use for gaming. My Xbox 360 stopped working in 2015. After that I proceeded to play games on PC. Steam was also a blessing for me because it was how I played more games. I bought many on a whim whenever I have money.
I'm just hoping that they would still make PC versions of new games that are coming to consoles.
Yeah... Most of the games that are available today are for the consoles. Manufacturers are concentrating more on developing games for the latest modern age consoles. It is sad to say that they are leaving the PC gaming a bit afar.