• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite PS2 Game?

Kharyode

Reaction score
Have played pes2013, God of War on ps2. I did not really enjoyed it. But my favorite game there is vice city..
It really funny how ps2 was made.. Players penetrating each other. LOL

Gladdy

Reaction score
Why is everybody mentioning GTA: Vice City but nobody mentioning GTA: San Andreas :( I loved San Andreas way more. It is definitely still my favorite PS2 game. I have played it countless times. Even completely finished it far more than once! I still remember how amazed I was when I first played it. The features that they added from the previous GTA title were so good... and there was so many. It has a great main story full of betrayal and twists and awesome side activities to keep you busy for months.

hermessantos

Reaction score
I have Resident Evil 4 and Guitar Hero for PS2. These two games are loaned to a friend who still has PS2.

hermessantos

Reaction score
I love the GTA Vice City. I use to play it every other day. I found it very interesting and I think it is the best game on PS2. It is the most realistic game I ever played and I never got bored of playing it.
I think the vast majority have GTA on their list. It really is an excellent game and I think they will hardly do something similar in this same style.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
Why is everybody mentioning GTA: Vice City but nobody mentioning GTA: San Andreas :( I loved San Andreas way more. It is definitely still my favorite PS2 game. I have played it countless times. Even completely finished it far more than once! I still remember how amazed I was when I first played it. The features that they added from the previous GTA title were so good... and there was so many. It has a great main story full of betrayal and twists and awesome side activities to keep you busy for months.

I absolutely loved San Andreas! My favorite in the GTA series. I loved how big the map was, the fact that there were not one but three cities and there were also campaign parts. It was nice driving in those country roads listening to K-Rose.
But it's not my favorite PS2 games. That would be Shadow of the Colossus, truly a masterpiece with everything done right. That, or Kingdom Hearts. As a Disney fanbody I loved that game so much.
And on the third place I think I would put God of War (both the first and the second, actually...).
I have too many favorite games, I know.

Jameson

Reaction score
My favorite PS2 game was Pro Evolution Soccer 2012. It was my first soccer game that I played and was easy and fun to play against friends.

anaatef9

Reaction score
I am not sure which but it was a Jacki-chan game. I enjoyed watching the cartoon as a child and being able to imitate it in the game was amazing. I am certain it was not game of the year in terms of graphics or gameplay but I enjoyed it.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
I am not sure which but it was a Jacki-chan game. I enjoyed watching the cartoon as a child and being able to imitate it in the game was amazing. I am certain it was not game of the year in terms of graphics or gameplay but I enjoyed it.

Never heard of a Jackie Chan game before, so I looked up on the Internet and I found a "Jackie Chan Adventures" based indeed on the cartoon.
Is this the game you were talking about? I found some videos on Youtube, here's one of the first in the research:

Well... it sure doesn't look like Game of the Year, but I'm sure you had a lot of fun with it.

Eggy216

Reaction score
I really enjoyed Sonic Heroes on the PS2. While I was a huge fan of Sonic games after having the chance to experience Sonic Adventure 2 Battle on the Gamecube back before I purchased a PS2, Sonic Heroes was the first chance I had to see the variety of characters that actually existed in the Sonic universe.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
Tough choice there, but I'll got with the first Ratchet & Clank. For starters, I love Insomniac Games' style, and I especially loved how the game never took itself too seriously. Furthermore, the gameplay was handled pretty darn well, and the space setting satisfied the sci-fi fan in me. The following games improved the original formula a lot, but nostalgia will always make me look at it with different eyes. Maybe I'll change my mind when I'll finally get around to play the third one.

thart

Reaction score
My favorite PS2 games are Resident Evil 4 and Prince Of Persia

thart

Reaction score
I played lots of games on PS2 but the one a i always kept going back to was Pro Evolution Soccer and Resident Evil, love those game alot. But i no longer own a PS2 anymore, i have moved to better advanced stuffs.
Wow, did you played Resident Evil 4 ? I'm a pure fan of RE games and movies.

Eggy216

Reaction score
Tough choice there, but I'll got with the first Ratchet & Clank. For starters, I love Insomniac Games' style, and I especially loved how the game never took itself too seriously. Furthermore, the gameplay was handled pretty darn well, and the space setting satisfied the sci-fi fan in me. The following games improved the original formula a lot, but nostalgia will always make me look at it with different eyes. Maybe I'll change my mind when I'll finally get around to play the third one.
Ratchet and Clank was a fun one for sure! I never actually played it myself, but I did watch a friend play it from time to time (it was like my twitch.tv, but before twitch was a thing), and it was so much fun to watch. I'm kind of afraid to go back and play it myself, kind of worried that the nostalgia has an influence on how I remember the game.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
Ratchet and Clank was a fun one for sure! I never actually played it myself, but I did watch a friend play it from time to time (it was like my twitch.tv, but before twitch was a thing), and it was so much fun to watch. I'm kind of afraid to go back and play it myself, kind of worried that the nostalgia has an influence on how I remember the game.
Yeah, it's so action-packed it's a pleasure to watch. The screen is filled with explosions, rays, glowing beams and flying enemies at every fight, it's hard not to find it satisfying.
When I first replayed it after quite some years from the last time I had touched it, the only thing I remembered differently were the graphics. I remembered them as a little sharper and cleaner, but in reality they're definitely PS2-quality. The gameplay, however, was every bit as good and fun as I remembered. Definitely pick it up if you can.

zeedollar

Reaction score
Wow, did you played Resident Evil 4 ? I'm a pure fan of RE games and movies.
Certainly did, i don't let any resident evil game pass me by and it was totally worth it at all times. i still play it anywhere i can lay my hands on it, mobile, PC etc. That is some really impressive story line and game play.

thart

Reaction score
Certainly did, i don't let any resident evil game pass me by and it was totally worth it at all times. i still play it anywhere i can lay my hands on it, mobile, PC etc. That is some really impressive story line and game play.
We are in the same boat then. It's good to know that there is someone here share me the same feelings about RE games.

lindbergh

Reaction score
My favorite PS 2 game of all time is Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater (Subsistence). I know it's not an exclusive game for the PS2 but I thoroughly enjoyed playing it. It was an awesome look into the early life of the Big Boss. Who would have thought that the jungle would be the perfect setting for a Metal Gear game?

If you're referring to favorite games exclusive to the PS2, it's probably a tie between Shadow of the Colossus and Okami. Both games were so unique. Both had immersive worlds. Both made me feel like a child again. And they were both unforgettable.

Chris Holman

Reaction score
My nerdiness reminds me of all the good times I had playing Final Fantasy 10! I'm a big RPG fan so of course this one would be one of the choices I would make for the PlayStation 2. Additionally if I had it say a couple other games I loved for the PlayStation 2 I would have to say Gran Turismo, and of course Crash Bandicoot! What do you guys think?

Chris Holman

Reaction score
My nerdiness reminds me of all the good times I had playing Final Fantasy 10! I'm a big RPG fan so of course this one would be one of the choices I would make for the PlayStation 2. Additionally if I had it say a couple other games I loved for the PlayStation 2 I would have to say Gran Turismo, and of course Crash Bandicoot! What do you guys think?

augusta

Reaction score
medals of heart but I love resident evil.
I love most p2 games.