• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Our game shop has come along way since 2012! Back when I first had the idea, it was very limited and everything was manual. A lot of effort was going into having to receive and send codes manually. Fast forward to 2014, and Game Rebels launched our first 100% automated shop. However, there was still room for improvement. A lot... So for the last 3 months, I have been working non-stop with development and new features for our community. Undoubtedly, the biggest change and improvements to the forums are the long awaited Game Shop! The shop which users have been asking non-stop questions about for some time has now officially been re-released! So much as improved since the original shop. I am so excited to finally be releasing this to our users.

So for our newer users, you may be wondering what the shop is! It's basically a shop that allows you to get free steam games by earning points we call "Rebellions". You earn these points by participating in the community in various ways. You then use these points to get yourself some amazing games from Steam & Origin!

Heres what's new:

Brand New Home Page
The new home page will feature some of our current promotions, the top games our users play, and pre-purchasing. This also now includes a new side bar that draws data from our database to help automate things.

Categories
Our previous 2014 v1 shop only had 1 page. All of our games were on this page. It was rather messy.
So, we cleaned this up now too as with all our new games being added, we needed a better system.

Gifting System
You can now gift your games to your fellow rebels and friends! This a feature that was asked for by our users, and so, we are delivering!

Claim System
With the release of the new gift system, we are introducing a "redeem" system to go along with it! Once a game is purchased you don't see the key code until it is redeemed/claimed.This is to prevent people from gifting game codes that they had already used.

Bundles
We now have a custom bundle system developed for our shop. Sometimes we like to bundle up some games together, or even give some huge discounts. Now we can! Our bundle system allows us to give you multiple games with only one purchase.

& So Much More!
I can go on, there are so many more features to take into account. The best way to experience it all is to check it out yourself.

I hope everyone enjoys the new shop and can get some awesome games from us!
But Jordan, the game says "Out of Stock"!
For security reasons, we are only putting so many key codes per game in our database. Once it is out of stock, we will simply restock it!

Last edited:

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
Congrats :)

Just you over charged for a few games :p

Ash

Reaction score
Will it only be Steam and Origin games? Is there no way you guys can do digital PS4 games :D?

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Sounds good, too bad I still can't decide what I want to play :banghead::banghead::banghead:
[doublepost=1503671540,1503670643][/doublepost]Couldn't decide so I went with the mystery gift thing, I got a Sherlock Holmes game. Thanks a lot, that's a game I probably never would have thought to buy or play. Let's see what happens :)

Hintahai

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So for the last 3 months, I have been working non-stop
Working non-stop, eh?
mY91jvt.png

Been busy with Forums? Sure about that?
111111.png

Last edited:

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Couldn't decide so I went with the mystery gift thing, I got a Sherlock Holmes game. Thanks a lot, that's a game I probably never would have thought to buy or play. Let's see what happens :)
Nice :)
The Mystery Game allows you for a chance to get a small indie game, or cheaper game up to a $60 game. Of course, the $60 games are rarer, but the chance is there :)

Miles

Reaction score
Congrats! As one of the investors of the shop I wish you the best of luck!

In all seriousness, it's awesome to see something hyped up for so long go up. I hope the shop continues to develop over the year and we truly see GR grow!!

Reactions: Hux

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
Lmao what? Your full of shit ha Ha
Excuse me!
This is a Christian server, no swearing..

I thought you wanted this community to be family friendly

Referal

Reaction score
Can you please add erm Garry MOD, Halo Reach but for steam.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
@Jordan can you get Divinity Original Sin 2? It sounds like the kind of game I'll get addicted to and regret getting in the first place because of all the time I wasted on it. I kinda want that feeling again after I played Skyrim and Witcher 3 a few years back.

Weygd

Reaction score
Great job, that looks sick as heq. Can't wait to see more of that Shop !

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Apparently I have a penchant for gambling. I can't say no to the $5 mystery game because of the minuscule chance it can give you an expensive game.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Apparently I have a penchant for gambling. I can't say no to the $5 mystery game because of the minuscule chance it can give you an expensive game.
Not that minuscule :p
Chance of getting a good game is alright.
The chance might be lowered in the future though!

But there are also other different value games too, such as $10, $20, $30, games etc up to a chance of getting a real $60 value game.

Unfortunately, I did turn it off for now :(
I will turn the Mystery Game back on soon after I fix a bug.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
Not that minuscule :p
Chance of getting a good game is alright.
The chance might be lowered in the future though!

But there are also other different value games too, such as $10, $20, $30, games etc up to a chance of getting a real $60 value game.

Unfortunately, I did turn it off for now :(
I will turn the Mystery Game back on soon after I fix a bug.
You purposely bugged it so that when I, and only I tried the Mystery Game, I'd get something of low value :emoji_confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.