• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How do you take losing when you were young?

overcast

Reaction score
I used to get angry. And it was kind of harder for me to deal with it. Some of the times CS and Half Life games were pure brutal on me. Haha. But I guess we all learn from our mistakes. And we just move on from same old bickering. In such case there does not seem to be anything wrong with the losing. You just have your days in other ways.

Pixie06

Reaction score
I remember playing Need for Speed with my cousin when we were small. I was always inspired by car racing games. I used to hate it each time that she won the game. I would usually stop speaking to her. But playing the game on my own was not as enjoyable as playing it with my cousin. So in the end I would apologize to her. I hate being a loser:tonguewink:

Neo

Reaction score
When I was a kid, I would lose to my big brother all the time. My dad used to tell me never to lose heart if you lose a game and be sportive about it. So I never really gave so much thought when I would lose because it was just a game and winning would make my bro happy and I wasn't mad about that. As we grew up, we played a lot of Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm games and I always beat him in the versus game. His face would turn red and he used to be so goddamn upset and I laugh at him and still beat him with no mercy lmao.

pioneerauthor

Reaction score
When I was young, I didn't ever want to experience losing in any endeavour, not only in gaming. I used to have a group of friends who played the same types of games with me. Whenever we got the chance, which could sometimes be on weekends, we used to spend good times together playing all kinds of fantastic games. Each time I lost, I would feel terribly bad, but when I won, I would be glad.

Laibrown

Reaction score
On seeing this topic I had to laugh first. Because this is hilarious I can remember how I would react after flooding a game. Really I don't take loosing game quite good. Especially the games that when I loose I have to start all over again and repeat the stages that I have passed earlier it gets so frustrating.
I remember that I cried after loosing at the second stage of contra. The feeling is terrible really.

streettallest

Reaction score
Hahaha...when i was very young i was a very competitive child. Never like loosing in anything i do including Gaming. I can remember very well how i fought my very good childhood friend because he made a fun of my loosing a Ps1 game. This feeling of deep loss whenever i loose a game, have suddenly vanished as i grew older.
I have learnt to keep cool even when it seems i am loosing because ,my calmness helps me bounce back an win.

Fuzyon

Reaction score
I used to get really mad and shout but I never actually broke anything. I think I'm more short-tempered today though which is really bad but other than a couple shouts I don't get that fused.

Alex

Reaction score
When I was younger I had no problem losing in games. I played them purely for fun and as long as I was having fun there was nothing for me to complain about. Sadly games have become so much more competitive, where it is all about winning or losing. I wish I could treat losses as I did when I was younger but for some reason I cannot anymore.

rockandgreen

Reaction score
When I was younger I would take losing very badly and I would scream, throw a fit and make excuses because I always believed I had to be the better gamer. Gosh how naive and arrogant I was back then, huh.

ZXD22

Reaction score
I used to rage all over the place when I lost as a young kid lol. I was very competitive when I was young and always wanted to win so I kept playing and playing until I got it down.

Laibrown

Reaction score
When I was a kid, I would lose to my big brother all the time. My dad used to tell me never to lose heart if you lose a game and be sportive about it. So I never really gave so much thought when I would lose because it was just a game and winning would make my bro happy and I wasn't mad about that. As we grew up, we played a lot of Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm games and I always beat him in the versus game. His face would turn red and he used to be so goddamn upset and I laugh at him and still beat him with no mercy lmao.
Oh I also have a friend that I used to play game with after school. And since we do pay play the game at private vendor, we had an arrangement that looser pay. That is any body that loose the game will pay for both of us. Meanwhile this friend had a game box in his house so he practise alot. I was chronic looser then and I would hard myself. One for losing my money and then for my friend consistently defeating me

Deathisue

Reaction score
I hate to lose I have to admit it, when I was young, I simply played something I could win or I resigned myself to playing knowing that I would lose, if I won everything well, but if I lost I would normally be upset and then left the room.

Laibrown

Reaction score
I hate to lose I have to admit it, when I was young, I simply played something I could win or I resigned myself to playing knowing that I would lose, if I won everything well, but if I lost I would normally be upset and then left the room.
I respect your strategy, it seems smart enough. You only played the games that you know you can always win. That is rather safe, but the deal is losing a game once in a while can be fun trust me. Although I still agree that losing a particular game consistently can be frustrating and could kill the fun anyway.

mcbryan

Reaction score
Well, I know that losing is already part of the game but when I was young losing is not an option. I don't know why I act like that maybe because I don't want people to think that I'm weak and easy to fall down. Every time I was losing I can't sleep at night thinking every wrong move I made, every wrong decision I took.There'ss a point when i lose to my classmate and it end up of fighting.

Lexi

Reaction score
Well, I didn't like losing, but who does? But I wasn't bitter about it, at least playing with other people. I guess I was just glad someone else was playing. If I'm playing solo I will drop it after a few tries, it's frustrating sometimes. My best friend would turn off the console or switch the game though.

Kharyode

Reaction score
When I was young. All what I know about losing is that you can't play, or you are not the best. I feel bad when ever I loose to my eldest brother. He do laugh me telling me (Boy you need to grow up and learn). Those words are very annoying because he always won when are he say he will win.
So loosing to me was hell and painful when I was young.

JoeMilford

Reaction score
I didn't take it well--I would tend to just reset the game and start all over, like some sort of OCD-inflicted perfectionist, until I could get through each board in what I thought was a "perfect" execution. It's funny, too, because I am really usually laid back about competitions and can concede when I am bested, but, for some reason, with gaming, I could be more of a sore loser.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
I took it surprisingly well, looking back at it. I've never been particularly competitive, and most times my brother and I played co-op games when we could. Even when we played against each other, though, we always did it for fun, so losses were easy to handle.
The same thing couldn't be said about single-player games, though. I took all the blame upon myself, and I had some outbursts from time to time. I grew way more patient with time.

Deathisue

Reaction score
I respect your strategy, it seems smart enough. You only played the games that you know you can always win. That is rather safe, but the deal is losing a game once in a while can be fun trust me. Although I still agree that losing a particular game consistently can be frustrating and could kill the fun anyway.
I know, sometimes I play games like Naruto Ultimate Storm and when I lose I'm happy because I know I've found myself a worthy opponent, someone who can finally give me a fight, it's fun in some cases to me find someone who can exploits my potential.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
It's a lot easier when you own the PC. Restart, play again, try again. It's that simple. Too bad not everyone can have their own device though, and losing a game as a kid meant your turn was over and you'll have to wait your turn again, which sucks.