• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Pokemon Games

Gladdy

Reaction score
Ah, the wonderful memories. One of my favorite Gameboy games was the original, blue version of the Pokemon. I loved it so, so much! It was in a language that I didn't even understand but I still completely played it through. After that, I always bought the Pokemon franchise... I still have several of them. I have the Pokemon Silver for my 3DS, the newest one which is the Pokemon Sun, the Pokemon X, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire... however, I do wish that I still had the older ones for my Gameboys. I sold them :p

Nintendo just knows how to keep improving these games, adding brand new features and cute new Pokemons! I really hope that the new one for the Nintendo Switch meets all of the expectations.

WildSpirit

Reaction score
Ah, the wonderful memories. One of my favorite Gameboy games was the original, blue version of the Pokemon. I loved it so, so much! It was in a language that I didn't even understand but I still completely played it through. After that, I always bought the Pokemon franchise... I still have several of them. I have the Pokemon Silver for my 3DS, the newest one which is the Pokemon Sun, the Pokemon X, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire... however, I do wish that I still had the older ones for my Gameboys. I sold them :p

Nintendo just knows how to keep improving these games, adding brand new features and cute new Pokemons! I really hope that the new one for the Nintendo Switch meets all of the expectations.

Pokémon franchise is undoubtedly responsible for large parts of my good memories of childhood (related to games). Only a few franchises have achieved that effect on me. Pokémon is timeless. :tonguewink:

valy

Reaction score
I have played the Pokemon Go for a long time, but I gave up when I saw that people die from this game. Now that I know about Pokemon Go Pro is even harder not to play it! It is a good game, but if you play for a long time you risk to get addicted!

WildSpirit

Reaction score
I have played the Pokemon Go for a long time, but I gave up when I saw that people die from this game. Now that I know about Pokemon Go Pro is even harder not to play it! It is a good game, but if you play for a long time you risk to get addicted!

And you think that addicting to this game is a bad thing? I think it's awesome and I can't get enough of this game.! :smiley:

yaorice

Reaction score
I grew up loving the old Pokemon games, but I feel like the newer titles have less replay value for me which is upsetting. I've replayed Crystal dozens of times since getting it when I was young, but for some reason I've only played X/Y and Sun/Moon one time each, and feel like that's more than enough. I think it's interesting that this is something Pokemon has lost for me--I'm not sure if it's because of my aging or because they're giving away more valuable freebies that I don't want to restart or lose, but it is something that I feel the newer games don't have.

Zeyad

Reaction score
The original Nintendo fire red will always be my favorite

WarVet

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar here with the modded Pokemon versions for the game boy? I ran across one of them in my youth and it was hilarious. Just imagine the regular Pokemon Fire red with the dialogues replaced by adult conversations. Themes included drugs violence and sex. It made my laugh so much when I was younger.

LydiaHilda

Reaction score
Pokémon Red was my first ever video game! I upgraded to leaf green when I was I think 10, and I had that game for years! I don't own any type of console anymore, but I had Pokémon Leaf Green, Silver, Platinum and Pearl. Right now, I'm playing Leaf Green through again with an online emulator and it's brought back so many awesome memories!

fireball916

Reaction score
My first game that started it all was Pokémon Ruby. I stopped playing after Heart Gold/Soul Silver. I still have my ds so I want to continue off with Black/White but I don't have the time to justify spending $40-60 on it. I can't believe how high the resale value is on the older Pokémon games. I feel like the newer generation Pokémon don't look as Pokémonish. Maybe it's just because I haven't bonded with them like I have in the games I have played.

Eggy216

Reaction score
My first game that started it all was Pokémon Ruby. I stopped playing after Heart Gold/Soul Silver. I still have my ds so I want to continue off with Black/White but I don't have the time to justify spending $40-60 on it. I can't believe how high the resale value is on the older Pokémon games. I feel like the newer generation Pokémon don't look as Pokémonish. Maybe it's just because I haven't bonded with them like I have in the games I have played.
Pokemon games age really well as far as resale value goes, which is definitely pretty amazing to see. I do agree that the newer games don't really look as Pokemonish as the old ones. . .I feel like that's in part because we're so used to seeing the world from the top down, and now suddenly we're being told that the world has a third dimension and we can explore in new ways we really never imagined possible - it's just not the same.

rockandgreen

Reaction score
I absolutely adored the diamond/pearl/platinum games (4th gen I think). The introduction of the legendaries of Palkia, Dialga, Giratina and Arceus were creative and really aided the plot making it even more special.

Eggy216

Reaction score
I absolutely adored the diamond/pearl/platinum games (4th gen I think). The introduction of the legendaries of Palkia, Dialga, Giratina and Arceus were creative and really aided the plot making it even more special.
For some reason those games actually caused me to lose interest in the series. . .granted the other half of Gen IV with the remakes (Heart Gold and Soul Silver) were my absolute favorite Pokemon games of all time. I just loved what they did with the Pokelympics or whatever they called it, and having them follow you around again. It was perfect.

pichugirl

Reaction score
After the release of pokemon black and white, i lost the line of the storie because i felt that all have become a joke for Nintendo, because this bad replica of the first creatures in this region. And i've been playing the good old ones closing the doors to a lot of new adventures... Now, i resume my love to pokemon with Omega Ruby and Pokemon Y, and get a strong hype for Pokemon Sun and Moon (And my Guilty pleasure Pokemon Go, hehe). After all this, now i can say that Pokemon still in my heart and my very favorite is Soul Silver.

SeanP

Reaction score
I love Pokemon, but man, Game Freak needs to do some serious innovating already. Sun and Moon was the right direction, but a more radical departure would be welcome. We now know that a Pokemon game is in development for Nintendo Switch, and I hope that the updated hardware will allow for Game Freak to make a meaningful change.

However, I will keep my expectations in check. Game Freak knows that they can "play-it-safe" and still rake in millions of dollars. What would be their business motivation for risking that? The cynic side of me holds back my hype.

John Patrick Dimaano

Reaction score
I am also a previous player of a pokemon since i was using a advance Gameboy and I played a yellow version where ash and Pikachu is the character and always walking each other but unluckily I did not finished the game and I was so disappointed because my advance lost

Dkaraly

Reaction score
I still play it and I love it. Pokémon was one of the first games I ever played. I grew up playing different generations, I remember I started with pokémon Red, then my parents gave me pokémon Gold on a Christmas, Iater I bought and played Sapphire, then Diamond and pokemón White (1 and 2). I haven't played ORAS, XY or Sun and Moon, but that's only because I didn't have a Nintendo 3DS. That's not an issue anymore, though. So now I'm trying to decide what game to buy: pokémon Moon or Ultra Moon. I know I'm going to enjoy either of them. Although, I'm open to suggestions. :D

Referal

Reaction score
I used to Play POKEMON GO A lot but stopped as it got boring and updates are longer