• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

[POLL] Android or iOS

Android or iOS

• Android

Votes: 38 70.4%
  • iOS

Votes: 16 29.6%

• Total voters

Makef0rt

Reaction score
I own both. Honestly, there might be differences, but they all do the same thing. This is just like xbox vs playstation kind of a thing. Both are really good, each of them have their pros and cons. Android is superior when it comes to customization which IMO is a big downside of iOS. On the other side, iOS has a lot of exclusive titles on their store, so people who only use android might miss some nice apps / games.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
At this point, I prefer IOS over Android software. I chose to switch over to Apple's operating system after experiencing several years of OS malfunctions on Android smartphone devices.

I do agree on the smartphone customization options of Android do sort of make it limitless, but I find the overall interface of IOS more appealing. I also seek consistency over customizable options, something Android has failed to do. Certain apps are also only available on IOS compared to Android as well.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
They're both just as good as each other and have their own pros and cons
I don't know man. I have both iPhone and Android, and I HATE that damn iPhone. Plus, for me as a developer, Apple being such a closed doors company and forcing you to have and do certain things to develop for their system really makes me hate it even more xD

However, I will say that iOS is more appealing to users looking for a more "user-friendly" experience.

Reactions: Hux

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
I don't know man. I have both iPhone and Android, and I HATE that damn iPhone. Plus, for me as a developer, Apple being such a closed doors company and forcing you to have and do certain things to develop for their system really makes me hate it even more xD

However, I will say that iOS is more appealing to users looking for a more "user-friendly" experience.
I agree with the developer problems completely, it's a shame really. But as I'm not an app developer, it's not so much of an issue for a user like myself but for you, an Android would be a lot more beneficial!

arachnophobik

Reaction score
Android all the way for me. The things you can do or android are amazing, and not to mention that it has a big community dedicated to tweaking it more, usually for games. I've tweaked my android phone a couple of times before and I gotta say the improvement is great. Some mods gave me a boost in fps which gave me around an extra 10-15 fps in some games.

BatmanWayne

Reaction score
Android is the best to play a game, and the best android phones are better than the best Iphone phones, the android phones have a lot more capacity, more apps, they are cheaper and they are open source.

Cendrillon

Reaction score
I had both, and while Android IS a lot easier to handle, iOS made it easier for me to get a Japanese account to get my weeby games so clearly that's a winner for me.
I do miss the easy customisation though. Such is life.

WarVet

Reaction score
Honestly i've had both and they both have advantages and disadvantages. iOS have excellent processing and durability but it costs more and has a very annoying habit of "exclusivising" everything. The charges, apps and everything else(Not to mention the update oh God!) have to be exclusive. Now the Android is much more flexible and shares the same exceptional processing quality but the two android cellphones i had lasted less than a year.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
I agree with the developer problems completely, it's a shame really. But as I'm not an app developer, it's not so much of an issue for a user like myself but for you, an Android would be a lot more beneficial!

Completely agree! From a developers perspective, it makes sense to go with Android over IOS. However, if you're looking for a smooth, user-friendly interface, the answer may be different. When I first looked at this poll, I looked at it from a one-sided point of view. Now I have a much broader scope on why certain people choose Android over IOS. So this question varies depending on what end of the spectrum you're on.

Reactions: Hux

megaman93

Reaction score
I've used both and I have to say I prefer ios much more. The customization ability on android is great and all, but the simplicity of ios makes it for me. I also don't accidentally graze the back button on iPhones.

dracula77

Reaction score
I play games on android because I've always used android and so far I do not have ios

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
Android for the win. iOS is good, but there's too many restrictions and requirements, they want to monopolize every thing. While on android, you have a lot of choices and you can choose whatever you want. I like to personalize my own phone, so android is the best choice for me.

thart

Reaction score
I personally prefer Android over IOS because for me, greater device control is so much important. Android lets me do everything when i have my device rooted, i can control my GPU/CPU performance, over/under-clock my processors for better performance, battery life whichever way suits my usage the best.

Okaviator

Reaction score
Definitely gonna have to go with Apple on this one. Android in the past has never been a good experience for me. I always find that after the first year Android phones tend to just slow down and become laggy/glitchy.

Clara1993

Reaction score
for me I would choose Android because of this simple reason, IOS products are expensive and android is affordable and user friendly,
however maybe one day I'll upgrade to IOS but I'm sticking on android for now and I'm satisfied.

Fuzyon

Reaction score
Android, definitely. I'm a person who likes to tinker with their phone so root access and unlocked bootloaders are a must for me. I know that I can jailbreak an iOS device as well but I don't have the same level of customizability that's present on Android. The products are also much more affordable.

Okaviator

Reaction score
for me I would choose Android because of this simple reason, IOS products are expensive and android is affordable and user friendly,
however maybe one day I'll upgrade to IOS but I'm sticking on android for now and I'm satisfied.
I've noticed that android devices tend to only last for around a year, maybe two if you're lucky. That's why I think that you're gonna want to get an android phone if you're planned my to upgrade yearly. However, if you want to get a tablet I would definitely get an iPad since you won't have to upgrade as often as an android tablet.

Clara1993

Reaction score
hallo Okaviator, are you sure about that? do they really last for only one year? I think this is due to how well you can protect it if you break it very often then it won't last even for three months, but if you put some protecting covers then it may last longer than one year, plus smart phones are not meant to last for years well that's what I think the more they update the better they become and efficiency so we're supposed to keep updating for better performances right?

airfightermax

Reaction score
Mobile OS'es in general, I would go for Android. But gaming wise, iOS takes the cake. Games are simply more optimised on iOS since they use a same CPUs and GPUs unlike in Android where there are a lot of GPU and CPU manufacturers. In Android, developers have to test their game on different devices to ensure it runs flawlessly on a lot of Aandroid platforms, while if they develop games or applications in general in iOS, they only have to account for only like 2 versions of iOS, then that's it. So I can really say that gaming in iOS is better and they also have more iOS exclusive titles.

airfightermax

Reaction score
I've noticed that Android devices tend to only last for around a year, maybe two if you're lucky. That's why I think that you're gonna want to get an android phone if you're planned my to upgrade yearly. However, if you want to get a tablet I would definitely get an iPad since you won't have to upgrade as often as an android tablet.
If the Android devices you see only last for about a year, then you probably have a cheap android device. iOS devices go for like, 600 to 700 dollars and if you're gonna compare it to some mid-range android device then it's an unfair fight compare the iOS device to an android that is within the same price range, then maybe you'll change your mind.