• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What are the Advantages of Video and Computer Games?

pioneerauthor

Reaction score
Preventing children from playing video and computer games will definitely result in losing the fantastic advantages. The reasoning or mentality of a child is centered on the interest towards playing such adventure games, even if a game seems uninteresting because of its complex and demographic nature. Giving access to children to play such adventure games will help in their overall growth and development.

Literally, some video and computer games are researched and verified to develop children's reasoning or imaginative potentials and will surely integrate them for a greater tomorrow. Apart from the benefits that accrue to children as far as giving access to playing video and computer games is concerned, researches and experimental observations from scientists show that in playing computer and video games, some games made by psychology scientists can improve an adult's memory and future focus. What do you consider to be the benefits of playing video and computer games?

iTommy

Reaction score
What do you consider to be the benefits of playing video and computer games?
I really don't understand your question.
Video and computer games are same ones and I can not distinguish the difference between video and computer games.
Anyone can give some explanations on this question?

thart

Reaction score
There is some advantages in playing video games for kids, for me i think that i help to develope their intelligence. But it's depend on what they play, for example puzzles games.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I second this, I always think that gaming is what influenced my creativity as a child. I've learned to appreciate a good storyline, a good gameplay, and a good plot out of constant gaming. It helped me develop myself into the man I am now, a man who is constantly having good ideas and trying to implement them into real life. I'm glad I got into gaming at an early age and didn't become a casual man that dreams of little things. Get a big dream and try to reach it!

DudeInCorner

Reaction score
There have also been many studies on the advantages of video games and their positive effects on the people who play them. I was just reading an article the other day that was explaining that playing certain video games from a young age improves spatial awareness, as well as sense of direction. I definitely agree with that, I've certainly noticed that I'm able to keep track of where I am in an unknown building or area much better than some of my friends and family who have never even touched video games.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
I don't see video games as being bad for children so long as they're not being played for extensive periods of time. As with anything, too much exposure could be more harmful than helpful, but there are plenty of options when it comes to video games that can help with a child's education. In fact, using educational games with children probably helps them learn the things they need to and retain the information teachers want to get across.

m33kuh

Reaction score
As long as you don't expose your children to explicit graphic contents of videos or games, then I think it's fine. You can let them watch documentary videos or let them play educational games. There are a lot of good games which children can have fun, one is Plant vs. Zombies. You can also consider simulator games.

airfightermax

Reaction score
I second this, I always think that gaming is what influenced my creativity as a child. I've learned to appreciate a good storyline, a good gameplay, and a good plot out of constant gaming. It helped me develop myself into the man I am now, a man who is constantly having good ideas and trying to implement them into real life. I'm glad I got into gaming at an early age and didn't become a casual man that dreams of little things. Get a big dream and try to reach it!

Unless you were playing games centered on creativity and building, (like Minecraft) you actually hindered yourself on developing your creativity to it's fullest potential. Video games shows its limits and shows you the things you can only do. While playing with physical toys, you have to get more creative since you develop it's own storyline, character back stories, and all the things happening as you play with them. Playing with physical toys improves your creativity more than playing video games will do.

Kharyode

Reaction score
Advantages of video games:
Communication skills, help in solving problem, it creates self confidence enable one to have team spirit, pain relief

yunken

Reaction score
I also think the same.
Gaming at early age contributed to my knowledge a lot, which I will personally encourage my children to also play game at early age. Gaming at early age cannot be overemphasized

yunken

Reaction score
I also think the same.
Gaming at early age contributed to my knowledge a lot, which I will personally encourage my children to also play game at early age. Gaming at early age cannot be overemphasized

kenoobie

Reaction score
There have also been many studies on the advantages of video games and their positive effects on the people who play them. I was just reading an article the other day that was explaining that playing certain video games from a young age improves spatial awareness, as well as sense of direction. I definitely agree with that, I've certainly noticed that I'm able to keep track of where I am in an unknown building or area much better than some of my friends and family who have never even touched video games.

That's true, I can always read maps of buildings better than most of my family members. Video games can improve problem solving skills. Also, I have read that FPS games can improve hand-eye coordination.