• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What would you like to see?

Guardian

Reaction score
Hey guys, we're looking to improve Game Rebels and we want your suggestions.

We would love if you answered some questions:

1. What would make you visit GR more frequently?
2. What would you most like to see added or improved at GR?
3. What do you dislike the most about GR?

Thanks, and we hope to hear your responses.

Last edited:

Icarus

Reaction score
Hello,

I have quite literally just registered an account here. I would like to recommend that there be an edit button on your profile page beside each of your contact methods, such as AIM, Skype and your online gamertags/names. This would allow you to conveniently make changes to your contact methods without having to view your User Control Panel.

You could simply hover over the AIM box for example and then an icon indicating the ability to edit/update your information would appear. You could update your information and hit the Enter button on your keyboard or press a button saying Update/Save beside the text you've just entered.

How about some additional emoticons for the postbit or some emoticons which are more of a neutral colour? I'm using the blue version of the forum theme, and the green-coloured emoticon faces seem pretty out of place, in my opinion. Nonetheless, the board is looking great from what I've experienced thus far and I hope to continue browsing the forum. :3

Guardian

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback Icarus, and welcome to PTM!

I'm not sure of the ability with MyBB to do what you suggest with the profile fields, but it is an interesting concept. That's something I would have to do more research on.

The colored emoticons are a great suggestion. I will have to look into that. Using mostly the green theme myself I hadn't realized the contrast for them before.

Icarus

Reaction score
Thank you, Guardian!

I would also like to recommend the possible introduction of an award-like system on the forum? You could increase the forum's activity by having a set of awards which could be obtained by reaching a certain number of posts.

When I owned my gaming forum back in the day, I had three awards revolving around post count.

Award 1: First twenty members to acquire 100 quality posts on the site - bronze coin/medal award image
Award 2: First ten members to acquire 250 quality posts on the site - silver coin/medal award image
Award 3: First five members to acquire 500 quality posts on the site - golden coin/medal award image

...something along those lines. I can't quite remember; it may have been, two-hundred posts, five-hundred posts and then one-thousand posts.

You could also introduce awards for competing and winning in community game-nights/sessions hosted by yourself and other administrators. Also awards for posting a certain number of times in a specific section/category. The owner on Hack Forums, Omniscient/Labrocca released a MyBB plugin named MyAwards which I'm sure you're already aware of. I think you have to be a premium subscriber on his site, MyBB Central to download it, though.

:?

There's also a free-to-download version named MyAchievements which actually functions in a similar way. It also has the ability to grant awards automatically based on an individual's post count, reputation count and/or online time, if I recall correctly. :D

Guardian

Reaction score
Icarus said:
I would also like to recommend the possible introduction of an award-like system on the forum?

An award system is something that I am currently considering. The extent of that system is currently being tossed around in my mind right now. :)

Zahreah

Reaction score
Icarus said:
You could also introduce awards for competing and winning in community game-nights/sessions hosted by yourself and other administrators. Also awards for posting a certain number of times in a specific section/category.

This. @Guardian :)

Lawson.

Reaction score
I was thinking what would make this site more frequently visited. I was wondering if we could have some kind of area on the site for getting like a fireteam (Destiny), to do nightfalls,strikes,raids,etc. This would be a great addition to the site beacuse if added, this "Team Finder" would differ from other sites made for finding raid teams/Heist teams(GTA) because of the community this site offers, if we get enough people. This is just a simple idea that can be expanded if needed. BTW this is just a suggestion...

Guardian

Reaction score
Lawson. said:
...area on the site for getting like a fireteam (Destiny), to do nightfalls,strikes,raids,etc. This would be a great addition to the site beacuse if added, this "Team Finder" would differ from other sites made for finding raid teams/Heist teams(GTA) because of the community this site offers, if we get enough people.

I do like the idea. Very complex to do any other way than manually (in threads). Care to elaborate how this could be easily accomplished?

Lawson.

Reaction score
Guardian said:
Lawson. said:
...area on the site for getting like a fireteam (Destiny), to do nightfalls,strikes,raids,etc. This would be a great addition to the site beacuse if added, this "Team Finder" would differ from other sites made for finding raid teams/Heist teams(GTA) because of the community this site offers, if we get enough people.

I do like the idea. Very complex to do any other way than manually (in threads). Care to elaborate how this could be easily accomplished?

What we could do is make threads (like what you said) kind of setup like Graphic shops. Depending on who has destiny, we could have a thread for each console if accesible. Each thread will Have the gamertags of the "hosts" at the top along with a logo specifying if the lobby is open or closed. Underneath this could be a layout that each person will have to use in their comment that says what level and class they are and the exotics they will be using. To decrease spam of the "hosts" xbox/playstation, their will be no friend requests or messages because doing so will result in blocking. So me or whoever is hosting will select the people who comment first and so on and on to join. We can have multiple hosts to speed up the process.

Guardian

Reaction score
Lawson. said:
What we could do is make threads (like what you said) kind of setup like Graphic shops. Depending on who has destiny, we could have a thread for each console if accesible. Each thread will Have the gamertags of the "hosts" at the top along with a logo specifying if the lobby is open or closed. Underneath this could be a layout that each person will have to use in their comment that says what level and class they are and the exotics they will be using. To decrease spam of the "hosts" xbox/playstation, their will be no friend requests or messages because doing so will result in blocking. So me or whoever is hosting will select the people who comment first and so on and on to join. We can have multiple hosts to speed up the process.

If you wanted to start one as a test run, that would be awesome. :) Place it where you feel it best appropriate, and we can trial run it. If all goes well then we can dedicate an area to it.

Lawson.

Reaction score
Guardian said:
Lawson. said:

If you wanted to start one as a test run, that would be awesome. :) Place it where you feel it best appropriate, and we can trial run it. If all goes well then we can dedicate an area to it.

Ok sounds great! Ill make it sometime tomorrow.

Cyan

Reaction score
Maybe a graphics section? If I didn't see it my bad :c

Michael

Reaction score
I would love to see more games/cards in the shop section. I think that the goals are not too hard to reach and find it cool.

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
I would love to see more games/cards in the shop section. I think that the goals are not too hard to reach and find it cool.
We will adding more in due time. The prices however, will be bumped higher as seemingly it's too easy to achieve.

Shark

Reaction score
Runescape; Please add a Runescape section on the forum, as it isn't there.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Runescape; Please add a Runescape section on the forum, as it isn't there.
I suppose that would be considered an MMO xD You might see it up in that section soon!

rabst

Reaction score
1. I would visit more if GR sent email-alerts of any replies on my posts.
2. I would like to see a section for Facebook-Games players (I see you have a 'PC platform'-section (though I understand that that's more for World of Warcraft & DOOM etc.) I also see you have a 'mobile-platform' section. Isn't Facebook kinda BOTH PC & -mobile?)
3. I haven't been here long enough to dislike anything.

In the "Useful Links"-list at bottom (unless you're looking for ADVERTISERS to buy those spots :playful:) you could add https://www.facebook.com/games or any other links I found on a search for Facebook Games.

You might also join AdFly (Referral) and use it to turn all of your links (and possibly any links anyone else adds ... something I'm not sure-about---full-page script-code) into money-earners.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
1. I would visit more if GR sent email-alerts of any replies on my posts.
2. I would like to see a section for Facebook-Games players (I see you have a 'PC platform'-section (though I understand that that's more for World of Warcraft & DOOM etc.) I also see you have a 'mobile-platform' section. Isn't Facebook kinda BOTH PC & -mobile?)
3. I haven't been here long enough to dislike anything.

In the "Useful Links"-list at bottom (unless you're looking for ADVERTISERS to buy those spots :playful:) you could add https://www.facebook.com/games or any other links I found on a search for Facebook Games.

You might also join AdFly (Referral) and use it to turn all of your links (and possibly any links anyone else adds ... something I'm not sure-about---full-page script-code) into money-earners.
1) You should already receive emails on replies to posts.
https://www.gamerebels.com/account/contact-details

2) Facebook games could be discussed in the General Gaming section.

3) Hopefully when you have, you still wont dislike anything ;)

The useful links section is incomplete. We don't plan on selling links there :p

Regarding adlfy, I really do not want to degrade our forum and posts to use these type of links.